RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SVR Ordered!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 30 of 32 <123 ... 29 303132>

Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Pity about the wheel. What is the dealer going to do about it? If they are the 22s, the list price is £750 + VAT and they are next to impossible to repair if it's the mirror surface which has been damaged. Been there, done that. 🙁

Don't let them fob you off with anything other than a replacement rim. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #478274 Fri Oct 30 2015 12:44pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If your dealership is anything like the 3 that I have used for buying new cars then when the transporter arrives it's like a bunch of magpies finding something bright and shiney.................. salesmen all over them looking for damage in transport so the dealership should already have advised both the transport/ haulier and LR that the car was received in a damaged condition. Maybe I've been really lucky with the 3 dealerships I have used for buying cars in that they might be a rare bunch to inspect all new deliveries to their forecourts/ storage facilities. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #478302 Fri Oct 30 2015 4:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

This was a buttock-clenching moment for me:

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  

Post #478314 Fri Oct 30 2015 7:47pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Mark_N wrote:

Don't let them fob you off with anything other than a replacement rim.

Indeed so. You're buying a new vehicle so everything should be new. If the wheel was damaged by the transport driver then his company (or their insurers) should cover the cost of the new wheel. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #478335 Fri Oct 30 2015 9:33pm
philmw

Tim in Scotland wrote:
The Jaguar side of JLR must be fuming that they build a 5.0l V8 S/C AWD F Type with the same engine as the RRS SC and SVR that almost nobody wants to buy (just take a look at how even dealer demo cars devalue on the Jaguar Approved website listing) but the LR side puts the same motor into an SUV and can sell every one they can make even at well over the cost of the F Type R! Could the practical nature of a 5 seater hatchback be a better bet than a 2 seat, hardly any boot space sports car these days?

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/this-is-t...-type-svr/ 

Post #485511 Sat Jan 23 2016 7:37am
wilf

I love the F type but simply could not use it as my everyday car - too low, too firm a ride. The main market for these is the USA anyway, so UK sales figures will always look low and depreciation high.

The Sport though is an amazingly practical vehicle and yet with the V8 s/c engine, fun too.

So the answer to your questions is a very definite yes. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #485554 Sat Jan 23 2016 5:03pm
rich1231

Took delivery of SVR back in October but was unwell at time and then spent 6 weeks in hispital annoyed that I couldnt drive.

Out and making up for lost time. Initially intimidated a bit by its size but soon overcome. The car is amazing. I have no regrets coming from an M5.

Post #485625 Sun Jan 24 2016 1:01pm
wilf

Good news that your health has improved Rich. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #485628 Sun Jan 24 2016 1:22pm
MafroSVR

United States 

DaveW wrote:
philmw wrote:
"They wanted the SVR to have even more power on snow"

DAVE WARNER
RANGE ROVER SPORT SVR LEAD ENGINEER, LAND ROVER

http://www.landrover.com/bond-experience/spectre-007.html

Wearing a suit no less. Very Happy

Interesting mix of RRS and SVR interiors and exteriors. And how much 'more' power did they want? Very Happy

I couldn't possibly comment Mr. Green

It was an absolute blast doing that, one of the best three things I've ever done with work and a huge achievement for the technician teams building the cars and I'm really proud we managed to do it at the same time as ramping up to full production.

Just perusing here. I couldn't imagine how accomplished and invigorating it must have been to work on such a project. All while ramping up a full production line. Just outstanding worthy of more than a congratulations! Thumbs Up

Post #488102 Fri Feb 19 2016 3:21pm
MafroSVR

United States 

rich1231 wrote:
Car arrived weds.. woohooo.
Transporter driver scratched a wheel when taking it off transporter which was nice.

Will post a pic or two when i get a chance

Hi Rich, did you post a pic yet?

Post #488104 Fri Feb 19 2016 3:24pm
MafroSVR

United States 

philmw wrote:
Rob must have been talking about the number of SVRs built, not the number of SVRs SVO Bespoke have done additional work on.

There have been over 1000 SVRs built. As you know, they are built alongside all of the other L494 cars - not by SVO elsewhere. Once off the line, the SVRs go to different area to have the SVR-specific bits added that would take too much time to do on the line (wheel spats and the like).

There will only have been a handful of SVRs built as the base model with no options (I wouldn't be surprised if this was even less than that).

There will also been those that have had SVO Bespoke additions (paint, interior, etc).

Can SVO Bespoke additions be purchased in the US? Having had a few vehicles I have never been offered this service and it draws my curiosity.

Post #488105 Fri Feb 19 2016 3:29pm
philmw

Yes, they can. Any changes are done either during or after build and before shipping/delivery. 

Post #488110 Fri Feb 19 2016 4:15pm
MafroSVR

United States 

MafroSVR wrote:
philmw wrote:
Rob must have been talking about the number of SVRs built, not the number of SVRs SVO Bespoke have done additional work on.

There have been over 1000 SVRs built. As you know, they are built alongside all of the other L494 cars - not by SVO elsewhere. Once off the line, the SVRs go to different area to have the SVR-specific bits added that would take too much time to do on the line (wheel spats and the like).

There will only have been a handful of SVRs built as the base model with no options (I wouldn't be surprised if this was even less than that).

There will also been those that have had SVO Bespoke additions (paint, interior, etc).

Can SVO Bespoke additions be purchased in the US? Having had a few vehicles I have never been offered this service and it draws my curiosity.

Thats good to know. I would have liked a few bespoke items on my SVR, but I guess it will have to wait until next time. Thanks for the information Phil!

Post #488126 Fri Feb 19 2016 6:48pm
DaveW

United Kingdom 

Mafro thanks for the compliments. It was really hard work but incredibly worth it. Regarding personalisation, please pm me your email and what you're thinking of and one of the team can have a chat sometime

Post #488318 Sat Feb 20 2016 11:18pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I was at the Geneva Motor Show today, lots of interesting new cars from Porsche (911R), Jaguar (F-Type SVR - they've really stretched the engine), Lamborghini (Huracan Spyder), Aston Martin (DB11) and BMW (M2). Any of them would be a welcome addition to my garage. Not so the new Bugatti Chiron which, to my eyes, looks hideous.

Good display from LR, reason to post is I was surprised at the level of change in the SVR since I bought mine. Most notable is a new central screen, completely unfathomable in the few minutes I was able to spend with it. New heater controls, SVR badge in the car by the glove box (too much?), no illuminated kick plates, and more besides. Also had a good look at the rear camera wash and may revisit retrofitting it to mine. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #490090 Sat Mar 05 2016 4:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 30 of 32 <123 ... 29 303132>