RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 3rd Pary Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sterling01

Scotland 
3rd Pary Warranty

Hi, I have just bought a 2007 '07' RRS TDV8. It has 62k and a service history, although the last 3 are not from a Land Rover dealer.

I am keen to purchase a 3rd party warranty from companies like Warranty Direct or Warranty Wise. I would be grateful of any recommendations.

I did speak to Warranty Direct today who quoted my on their Prestige & Performance Secure Care Policy. The guy I spoke to said that the air suspension system was not covered. I found this strange that this was a major part of the vehicle, but not covered? He quoted me £906, but I have read a number of threads on here and it looks like I could get this cheaper as I am already an AA member so would not need WD to cover breakdown recovery.

All opinions, newbie pi55 taking etc accepted

Kenny

Post #459891 Mon Apr 20 2015 5:59pm
PAS

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

hi sterling,just checked my w.d.book & it doesn't list compressor as covered.mine was£720 .13 months for price of 12.£90 inspection fee.my cover is performance&prestige extra care. made 2 claims so far with no problems,about £550 worth.paul

Post #459902 Mon Apr 20 2015 7:15pm
hse-lee

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

they wouldn't cover my suspension either but mine is same year as yours but done 95k miles, and i paid £725 maybe its cause yours is tdv8 but with a low mileage that seems bit steep haggle some more they also tried saying i had to contribute 50% of parts i said don't worry goodbye and miraculously 2 mins later no parts contribution required

Post #459909 Mon Apr 20 2015 8:08pm
sterling01

Scotland 

Thanks guys for the quick replies. I mention to the guy on the phone that I was getting quotes from other companies and he quickly said that if someone quoted less, to call him and he would have a word with his manager to see if they could price match.

I pick up the RRS on Friday, so I'll update on how the negotiations go.

Kenny

Post #459918 Mon Apr 20 2015 8:53pm
snappyfish

United Kingdom 

Interested to know how you got on? Looking for something very similar to your recent purchase soon.

Post #460686 Tue Apr 28 2015 4:04pm
sterling01

Scotland 

I have been playing Warranty Direct off against Warranty Wise. I have been very open to both that I am also getting quotes from the other, hoping that one of them would offer a deal of a lifetime. (I did the same with the AA and the RAC and eventually RAC gave me 50% off the cover I wanted.)

Warranty Direct say they definitely do not cover the air suspension. They wanted £906 plus £40 inspection fee and 40% towards any parts used in a claim. On the phone they said that “the other warranty company easily wriggle out of any claim by telling the customer that the failure was due to wear and tear”. I asked for this in writing, but they refused.

Warranty Wise are at £756. They say that they do cover the air suspension, but I have asked for this in writing. They keep texting with special offers. Last week it was 5% off plus cover for emissions and airbags, because it was St. Georges day. I think I can get a deal at £650 inc emissions, airbags and multimedia.

Will update when I have more info.

Post #460707 Tue Apr 28 2015 7:50pm
wastower

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

I got a free 1 yr warranty from garage when I purchased my 2006 RRS , it was from Car Care Plan and called formula x,
I would have renewed but as I had turned the 100k miles they won't cover.
I had 4 claims, clock spring, turbo, 2 door locks & intercooler, all paid direct to garage with nothing paid by me, so easy.

Then I went with warranty direct this year, £720 for 13 mths with 0%excess but have to pay 50% of all parts and won't cover
Suspension parts, so won't be renewing when it finishes as parts have to be genuine parts, so can't shop about for alternative parts/price.
I have had a Alternater out of them but I had to pay garage and claim back but it only took a week to get a chq from them.

Post #460725 Tue Apr 28 2015 10:46pm
TrevG

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I've got a policy with warranty wise, put the sport in for a service to have the rear door lock replaced under the warranty when checking the front wheels found one of the wheel bearings badly worn this was added to the claim along with the door lock, received back authorisation to go ahead and their part payment towards the £555.00 would be £92.80 leaving me with the £462 to pay I have an excess of £100.00 but still comes up £362 short, when I complained warranty wise said because there were two repairs needed it would come under Consequential failure and replacement of multiple parts they would at their discretion average the costs of the parts and labour, so they halved the parts (using euro car parts prices) and halved the labour, parts replaced were from Land Rover, might have been a better outcome if the jobs went in separately and not opted for an excess, you live and learn...

Post #460758 Wed Apr 29 2015 2:48pm
butz_lufc

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Santorini Black

i bought mine with a warranty already on it (2007) by auto group.

what a load of crap it is!!! its in the garage now needing a load of stuff and some of it should be covered by warranty and they have rejected it. the parts they rejected were a stabiliser bar and rear calliper. not worth the money if you ask me

DO NOT USE AUTO GROUP!!

Post #460783 Wed Apr 29 2015 7:41pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

wastower wrote:
I got a free 1 yr warranty from garage when I purchased my 2006 RRS , it was from Car Care Plan and called formula x,
I would have renewed but as I had turned the 100k miles they won't cover.
I had 4 claims, clock spring, turbo, 2 door locks & intercooler, all paid direct to garage with nothing paid by me, so easy.

Car Care Plan run the Land Rover Extended Warranty scheme too. All done direct with the garage. They've paid out more than the warranty has cost each year for me... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #460786 Wed Apr 29 2015 8:32pm
sterling01

Scotland 

Update : Continued to bounce Warranty Wise and Warranty Direct off each other. Kept getting text messages, emails and calls from both offering "one day only" deals. So eventually I got fed up with all the communication and sent them both the same email telling them the deal I wanted. This included some of the "one day only" deals I had previously been offered.

Single repair limit £5000
Excess £100
Labour rate £75 / hour
No contribution towards parts
Airbags covered
Air conditioning system covered
Emissions failure covered
Multimedia covered
2 months free (total 14 months till June 2016)
If they want an inspection, they cover the cost
£650

I sent this at 9am this morning and informed them that I had sent this to both companies, with the first to reply in agreement, getting the business. Warranty Wise called me at 10:15 confirmed all these details on the call and the same by email whilst on the call and I gave them £650.

Warranty Direct called at noon saying they could not get to £650, £800 was the best they could do. I got the feeling from the questions being asked, that he was trying to call my bluff. Then I told him Warranty Wise had called at 10:15 and had agreed, all of a sudden he said he could speak to his supervisor and was positive he could match the price. I told him he was too late.

Both started off around the £900 mark, 10 days ago. Bid of haggling, not in a hurry and playing one off against the other and I save £250, get the excess dropped from £300 to £100, 4 additional cost option for free and 14 months cover.

Don't get me wrong, there were loads of emails, daily text messages and about half a dozen calls from each company. But the hassle was worth it to get to a deal that I'm happy with. Current - 2014 Range Rover Sport HSE SDV6
Gone - 2017 Audi A8 Sport
Gone - 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8 - Great car.

Post #460849 Thu Apr 30 2015 3:01pm
ijwebb

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Fuji White

Thanks for this information. I've just bought my RRS and was also just starting to look into getting a warranty, this will no doubt save me some hours, and I have a realistic price to aim for.

Post #461951 Thu May 14 2015 5:37pm
simonj007

England 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Warranty Direct.... Can't fault them!

Post #463771 Thu Jun 04 2015 4:04pm
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic40485-15.html 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #463777 Thu Jun 04 2015 4:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1