RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Yay! My first Breakdown.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JCHarris

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Yay! My first Breakdown.

So, was on our way back from East Anglia yesterday accelerating away from a roundabout when the car went into 'restricted performance' and 'gearbox fault' came up on the dash. I had noticed not half a second or so before the fault the revs holding at 3500-4000. Anyway, rang Landrover assist and they came out.

Bearing in mind this car is less than 3 months off a Landrover forecourt;
U2023-86/In Control module network signal calibration data (Transmission)*
U0122-87/In Lost communication with vehicle dynamics control module (Transmission)

P0191 Fuel pressure range/performance (Engine)
P2290 Injection control pressure too low (Engine)*
P1170-00 Fuel volume regulation control exceeded maximum control limit (Engine)

U3003-62/In Battery voltage (ABS)

Now the two stared codes came up again once the faults were cleared and the engine run again. Also a bit miffed about the amount of historic codes on the system. Can I assume these were not removed from the system prior to buying the rolling turd or do they seem to be just 'generic' RRS faults?

No other symptoms by the way. Find out from LR themselves on Monday...cause they're shut today. 2010 TDV8 Santorini Black. Side steps done. Remote parked heating done. Next up...Autobiography body kit.
2007 Disco 3 Java Black. Phantom Body Kit. Gone and not forgotten. Love Big Dog.

Post #456747 Sun Mar 22 2015 10:23am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Historic codes are simply codes that were triggered but are no longer relevant i.e. the problem has cleared (at the time of retrieving them). Wink

Focusing on the P2290, things to consider (in order of ascending cost):

Fuel filter - when was it last changed? Is it OEM? A new one might be a good idea anyway.
Low pressure fuel pump
High pressure fuel pump - keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's not this. Sad

Quote:
P229000 Injector Control Pressure Too Low

Possible Causes:

Fuel leak (high
or lowpressure
system)

Fuel filter/line
fault

Air lock in
injection pump

Action:

There are different approaches to this depending on whether or not the vehicle runs. If the vehicle does not run: remove
the lift pump fuse (fuse 1E of the engine compartment junction box). Disconnect the volume control valve connector
from the rear of the injection pump. Disconnect the fuel spill lines and direct into a suitable container through a length of
clear pipe. Crank the engine to at least 250 rpm for a minimum of 15 seconds. The pump spill flow should be atFuel pump
fault least 160 ml/min. If the spill flow is greater than this, install a new injection pump.
REFER to: Fuel Pump (303-04D Fuel Charging and Controls - TDV8 3.6L Diesel, Removal and Installation).
Clear the DTCs and test for normal operation. If the spill flow is less than 160 ml/min, carry out the low-pressure bleeding
procedure.
REFER to: Low-Pressure Fuel System Bleeding - TDV6 2.7L Diesel (310-00 Fuel System - General Information, General
Procedures). Recheck the spill flow, if it is still less than 160 ml/min, install
a new fuel pump.
REFER to: Fuel Pump (303-04D Fuel Charging and Controls - TDV8 3.6L Diesel, Removal and Installation). Clear the DTCs and test for normal operation. If the vehicle does run, install a new fuel filter and run the engine at 3,000 rpm for 3 minutes. During this, monitor the fuel pressure using a data logger function. If there is an airlock in the pump, the fuel pressure will be low and unstable, but a highspeed run should clear this. If the fault does not clear, check the low-pressure system to the injection pump. Insert a length of clear pipe into the fuel line and check for a steady flow of fuel with no air bubbles. If the low-pressure system checks out, disconnect the fuel injector electrical connectors and check connections. Direct the lines into a suitable container and crank the engine. Compare the flow from the injectors and if there is one or more with low flow, install a new injector to that cylinder.
REFER to: (303-04D Fuel Charging and Controls - TDV8 3.6L Diesel) Fuel Injectors LH (Removal and Installation), Fuel Injectors RH (Removal and Installation). Clear the DTCs and test for normal operation. If the fault
does not clear, install a new injection pump.
REFER to: Fuel Pump (303-04D Fuel Charging and Controls - TDV8 3.6L Diesel, Removal and Installation). Clear the DTCs and test for normal operation

On the U code front, how is your battery? Question

HTH Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #456755 Sun Mar 22 2015 11:03am
PEACHY

England 

Shocked I take the comment regarding the `rolling turd` is pure frustration Big Cry

Personally I have had 5 good years on this forum & the help is first class - but I think I am nearing the end of my mid life crisis - the Sport is by far IMO one of the best looking motors around - both new & older versions but to renew my warranty - £1095 / TAX £500 & ANNUAL SERVICE & MOT £500 = £2000 then add the running costs insurance etc etc - its convinced me the RRS is not the solution for my needs.
I can hear the other members already - ` here he goes again Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter `

What next ? a taxi to work & back every day is cheaper Whistle & probably more reliable Rolling Eyes

Moan over Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #456757 Sun Mar 22 2015 11:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

So what is next Peachy ? Shocked

Post #456761 Sun Mar 22 2015 12:00pm
JCHarris

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Lost for Words wrote:
Historic codes are simply codes that were triggered but are no longer relevant i.e. the problem has cleared (at the time of retrieving them). Wink

Focusing on the P2290, things to consider (in order of ascending cost):

Fuel filter - when was it last changed? Is it OEM? A new one might be a good idea anyway.
Low pressure fuel pump
High pressure fuel pump - keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's not this. Sad

Was told filters were changed on its last service in January, should be OEM as it was done at LandRover.

And Peachy, I was a little frustrated at the time. Called LR assist at 1630 and eventually got home at 2200. I am however very happy with the car. I am aware it is an expensive beast to run Big Cry but I can't see any other vehicle that can give us the same level of comfort with the same level of practicality. I can't actually see myself in any other car. Plus, the mechanic I spoke to yesterday said his company had 5 cars needing assistance at the time (not all LR) and 4 of them had electronic faults. More things you add to these cars the more problems you get I think.

Anyway, what is next Peachy? Audi Q7?? Rolling with laughter 2010 TDV8 Santorini Black. Side steps done. Remote parked heating done. Next up...Autobiography body kit.
2007 Disco 3 Java Black. Phantom Body Kit. Gone and not forgotten. Love Big Dog.

Post #456764 Sun Mar 22 2015 12:15pm
PEACHY

England 

TBH - don't really know - was at a dealership yesterday looking at Audi`s went with a totally open mind - left shrugging my shoulders.
Got back in my RRS & smiled all the way home Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter BUT my head says NO MORE - my heart says just throw away the cash ( RRS ) & be happy with what you've got Rolling Eyes

I don't need 4x4 capability - I don't drive more than 5K miles a year - I spend more time washing it than driving it Laughing

Next up is the VW dealership followed by BMW - Big Cry 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.

Post #456765 Sun Mar 22 2015 12:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Peachy I don't need 4x4 capability , I don't even need four seats , I actually do 4000 miles a year, and yes they aren't cheap to keep on the road BUT what is there out there that compares ? I think if you drive VW and BMW you may not be convinced. My nightmare would be to buy a let's say top spec 5 series and drive off the forecourt thinking "this is nice" , then stop at the first set of traffic lights and a Range Rover of some description pulls up beside me . I find myself looking up at him as he is looking DOWN at me and I am thinking WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!! .................and then I wake up and it's just a bad dream Very Happy

Post #456768 Sun Mar 22 2015 12:39pm
PEACHY

England 

Once upon a time I had the same nightmare - but now I have day terrors - flashing suspension lights - chimes that sound then disappear never to return - have you ever thought - maybe the guy in the BMW looking up once owned a LR product - he's sitting there thinking - look at that mug Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #456778 Sun Mar 22 2015 3:07pm
Terryrrs

United Kingdom 

I have never bothered to listen to my head always my heart. Life is quite short and you should enjoy it as much as possible. What is the point of driving an Eco car if you hate every minute of it. When my car runs out of warranty I will not buy an extended warranty but put the money into my slush fund that I keep for unexpected expense. Wish I had done this forty years ago probably have about £70,000 in there my now with all the warranties I have taken out not only on cars Big Cry
PS. When my wife was pregnant I went out to get a practical car and came back with a 2 door coupe.( Opel manta berlinetta )
Such is life.

Post #456784 Sun Mar 22 2015 4:52pm
Supercharged lad

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Java Black

Peachy just read this thread and what ever you do do not make the biggest mistake of your life without serious thought Sad I have owned all the other cars in the past and let me tell you you will miss your rrs like you can't imagine mate

Post #456828 Sun Mar 22 2015 7:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1