RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > flat battery how to get in car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dannyboy

England 
flat battery how to get in car

drivng home last night battery light came on then off then on again,got home locked it and came back out an hour later and the car apears completly dead ,i need to get something out of the car ,im probably being a idiot but is there a way to get in with the key so i can open bonnet and remove the keys for house out of car Laughing
the rear boot lid unlocked itself and locked itself a few times earlier in the day as well ,any ideas on possible issues
cheers danny Confused tdv8

Post #446898 Wed Dec 31 2014 3:36pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

N/S/F door handle remove the small handle cover behind is the key hole which will unlock that door. 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #446902 Wed Dec 31 2014 3:55pm
dannyboy

England 

ahh i figured it would be somthing stupidly simple ,ill do it when i get back from work , Smile wonder what the issue will be with it ? car is lovely and i assumed it would play up at some point Rolling Eyes Smile tdv8

Post #446903 Wed Dec 31 2014 3:59pm
Tony666

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Battery and alternator might be a good place to start, these cars are very temperamental to voltage.....cold weather might have pushed the battery over the edge!!

Post #446909 Wed Dec 31 2014 5:51pm
dannyboy

England 

its a brand new vatra battery Confused and it started up sweet after i got home but within the hour it was dead Question tdv8

Post #446920 Wed Dec 31 2014 6:23pm
Tony666

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I'm assuming the spec of the battery either meets or exceeds the original? Are you able to measure the voltage at the battery with the engine running? Maybe use some jump leads to start, if you have breakdown cover you could get them to come out and test.......

Post #446921 Wed Dec 31 2014 6:31pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

dannyboy wrote:
its a brand new vatra battery Confused and it started up sweet after i got home but within the hour it was dead Question

Loose battery terminal, or earth point? Question

Post #446930 Wed Dec 31 2014 7:42pm
dannyboy

England 

nah it wont be that easy ,there must be a far more expensive issue Laughing tdv8

Post #446933 Wed Dec 31 2014 7:48pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Take the LR badge off, and replace it with another. Instantly halfs any bill Laughing

Post #446934 Wed Dec 31 2014 7:50pm
JCHarris

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

dannyboy wrote:
nah it wont be that easy ,there must be a far more expensive issue Laughing

Danny, what ended up being the problem?

I have been having regular warnings about the battery and yesterday it came up with "charging system fault" with three warning lights. Took 6 attempts to start, but eventually did.

This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened now in as little as a week of owning the car Rolling with laughter . I thought it may have been because it was sat on the garage forecourt for a while. I then also thought it may have something to do with the Webasto, however, I have only used that twice.

My question is, do I lose my car to the dealer for them to hold on to it for a few days, or shall I just buy a new battery and hope the gremlins disappear? Whistle

Just to add to the mystery, ran the webasto twice this morning and the car started first time without any faults. Seems intermittent faults will be the bain of my private life now, as well as my work. 2010 TDV8 Santorini Black. Side steps done. Remote parked heating done. Next up...Autobiography body kit.
2007 Disco 3 Java Black. Phantom Body Kit. Gone and not forgotten. Love Big Dog.

Post #448604 Fri Jan 16 2015 8:30am
dannyboy

England 

it was the alternator and if its under warranty id deffo get it replaced as touch wood all my electrical issues seem to have Censored off for now ...... tdv8

Post #448644 Fri Jan 16 2015 3:21pm
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

JCHarris wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
nah it wont be that easy ,there must be a far more expensive issue Laughing

Danny, what ended up being the problem?

I have been having regular warnings about the battery and yesterday it came up with "charging system fault" with three warning lights. Took 6 attempts to start, but eventually did.

This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened now in as little as a week of owning the car Rolling with laughter . I thought it may have been because it was sat on the garage forecourt for a while. I then also thought it may have something to do with the Webasto, however, I have only used that twice.

My question is, do I lose my car to the dealer for them to hold on to it for a few days, or shall I just buy a new battery and hope the gremlins disappear? Whistle

Just to add to the mystery, ran the webasto twice this morning and the car started first time without any faults. Seems intermittent faults will be the bain of my private life now, as well as my work.
It dont seem too be your Battery,as your FBH will not start up if battery is low on charge If it would not start until six attemps it sounds like it could be a starter motor problem. Or iff it was turning over fast every time its probably fuel itisme

Post #448651 Fri Jan 16 2015 4:44pm
JCHarris

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

dannyboy wrote:
it was the alternator and if its under warranty id deffo get it replaced as touch wood all my electrical issues seem to have Censored off for now ......

Thanks for the advice. Ill keep my eye on it and the next time it pops up will take it back to the stealers. 2010 TDV8 Santorini Black. Side steps done. Remote parked heating done. Next up...Autobiography body kit.
2007 Disco 3 Java Black. Phantom Body Kit. Gone and not forgotten. Love Big Dog.

Post #448671 Fri Jan 16 2015 7:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1