RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Dynamic Stability Control cutting in on long left turns
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pers1

Norway 
Dynamic Stability Control cutting in on long left turns

My RR Sport car is fitted with DYNAMIC RESPONSE, I have just change the front ball joints after having problems with front suspension knocking noise !

In long left turns the DSC keeps cutting in on my front right wheel, first I thought I had punctured but that was not the case.
I drive the same rout to work everyday and have had no problems before, the speed is about 70- 80 km/h.

The problem started when the knocking noise started more on the right front side than the left.

They have now change some ball joints in the front suspension and said thay had test driven it with no DSC cutting in, "So problem fixed"!
I took it for a long 30 mile test drive and the problem was still there the DSC kept cutting in on the right front tier and the warning DCS light went on in long Right turns

Has anybody here had a similar problem or some advise.

PerS
Norway
Big Cry RR SPORT TDv6 HSE 2007
Buckingham Blue
Ebony Interior
American Straight Grained Walnut
Dynamic Pack HSE
Rear Diff.
20 inch Stormer alloys
Privacy Glass
Premium ICE Pack
Hybrid TV
Personal Telephone Integration system
Tow Pack
Brembo Front Brakes
Bi Xenon Adaptive Head Lights
ADDED on delivery
Grille – perforated with "Titan" finish in buckingham bllue
Twin oval tailpipe finishers
Stormer side vents with "Crome finish"

Post #183006 Thu Aug 14 2008 8:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hoye

Norway 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re: Dynamic Stability Control cutting in on long left turns

pers1 wrote:
My RR Sport car is fitted with DYNAMIC RESPONSE, I have just change the front ball joints after having problems with front suspension knocking noise !

In long left turns the DSC keeps cutting in on my front right wheel, first I thought I had punctured but that was not the case.
I drive the same rout to work everyday and have had no problems before, the speed is about 70- 80 km/h.

The problem started when the knocking noise started more on the right front side than the left.

They have now change some ball joints in the front suspension and said thay had test driven it with no DSC cutting in, "So problem fixed"!
I took it for a long 30 mile test drive and the problem was still there the DSC kept cutting in on the right front tier and the warning DCS light went on in long Right turns

PerS
Norway
Big Cry

Hi,

Maybe this is a special norwegian failure!

I have exact the same with my RRS. The car have been in and out of the workshop for months without any success. However, last week I got the car back again and they had done a lot of minor stuff such as replacing a filter, adjusted steering etc etc. It looks like the car is ok now, but it is more difficult to check it due to the winter road conditions we have now.

If you still have this problem, I would recommend you to call JM-Auto in Arendal and ask Espen for help. He can give you the details of what he have done with my car. Thumbs Up

Post #199617 Sun Dec 14 2008 8:57am
Hoye

Hoye wrote:
pers1 wrote:

PerS
Norway
Big Cry

Hi,

Maybe this is a special norwegian failure!

I have exact the same with my RRS. The car have been in and out of the workshop for months without any success. However, last week I got the car back again and they had done a lot of minor stuff such as replacing a filter, adjusted steering etc etc. It looks like the car is ok now, but it is more difficult to check it due to the winter road conditions we have now.

If you still have this problem, I would recommend you to call JM-Auto in Arendal and ask Espen for help. He can give you the details of what he have done with my car. Thumbs Up

15th December 2008:
Sorry to say, but I had to inform the workshop again today that the problem still exist on my car. The workshop have been in contact with RR hotline several times but I am not sure if they will mange to repair this failure. Anyone out there with the same problem that have found a solution to it?

Post #199849 Mon Dec 15 2008 5:40pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

pers1 wrote:

In long left turns the DSC keeps cutting in on my front right wheel...PerS Norway Big Cry

just out of curiosity.. how did you figure the above? Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #199923 Tue Dec 16 2008 12:10am
mr_moped

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

i had this problem on a BMW 330Ci a couple of years ago. Every time I went round a long sweeping bend the DSC would cut in and start breaking my front wheel. After several trips to the dealer and spending alot of hours trying to figure it out, it was finally sorted. The answer was a faulty YAW sensor under the drivers seat. For those of you who don't know what a YAW sensor is, it's the same device they fit on helicopters to stablise the giroscope effect. This is fitted to cars in the event of the car spinning out of control. Thought it might help! Good luck.

Post #200054 Tue Dec 16 2008 3:27pm
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Mine cuts on on most bends. Must remember im driving a RANGE ROVER sport and not just a regular sports car Laughing .

Anyone managed to do this? I havent had the balls to try Embarassed .

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-YXQWUBtk_A
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vFR1beBkKrQ

On a serious note ive heard of the bmw yaw thing. Uncles bmw had the same issue a few years back. Took alot of convincing the dealer at the time though from what i remember.

Post #200171 Wed Dec 17 2008 4:39am
BigMart

United Kingdom 

Yes we will have yaw sensors ( acellerometers) , I dont know where they are fitted.

The other main inputs for the dsc are steering angle ( on the rack) and individual wheel speed.

If you have a worn tyre on side (i'm not saying you have) or the steering sensor set wrong then the dsc system thinks you are very out of shape .

Your dealer should have checked already but I'm sure there is a test they can do for individual wheel speed while drivig in a straight line.

I've known a couple of cars with reduced power and its been the steering angle sensor set wrong(the ecu wont give you full power if it thinks you wheel is turned hard)

Keep us informed.

Mart Jaguar XF 3.0D Portfolio
RRS TDV6 HSE 2006 , Zermatt , Gone

Post #200175 Wed Dec 17 2008 7:32am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Bow down Bow down on the first video Shocked Cool 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #200182 Wed Dec 17 2008 8:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hoye

BigMart wrote:
Yes we will have yaw sensors ( acellerometers) , I dont know where they are fitted.

The other main inputs for the dsc are steering angle ( on the rack) and individual wheel speed.

If you have a worn tyre on side (i'm not saying you have) or the steering sensor set wrong then the dsc system thinks you are very out of shape .

Your dealer should have checked already but I'm sure there is a test they can do for individual wheel speed while drivig in a straight line.

I've known a couple of cars with reduced power and its been the steering angle sensor set wrong(the ecu wont give you full power if it thinks you wheel is turned hard)

Keep us informed.

Mart

Hi,

Have just been told by my dealer that they will replace the ACE Block which is a module controlling the DSC system. I will let you know the result as soon as the worhave been carried out. Thumbs Up

Post #200224 Wed Dec 17 2008 11:49am
BigMart

United Kingdom 

If the yaw sensors and the dsc ecu are in the block then great....

If not then you might as well put 2 coats of wax on the car , it wont help.

If somethin is firing the valves in the block , changing the valves wont help.

I hope it works out well.

Fingers crossed
Mart Jaguar XF 3.0D Portfolio
RRS TDV6 HSE 2006 , Zermatt , Gone

Post #200226 Wed Dec 17 2008 11:56am
Hoye

Bobby wrote:
pers1 wrote:

In long left turns the DSC keeps cutting in on my front right wheel...PerS Norway Big Cry

just out of curiosity.. how did you figure the above?

You feel and hear it as the brakes turn on ! And if you turn off the DSC this want happen.

Post #200410 Wed Dec 17 2008 6:33pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Isn't this the DSC working? - as you know the system will stop the car by applying it's magic when it feels the car is about to lose itself. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #200412 Wed Dec 17 2008 6:37pm
Hoye

Very Annoyed wrote:
Isn't this the DSC working? - as you know the system will stop the car by applying it's magic when it feels the car is about to lose itself.

In a very nice left turn on ordinary roads with speed not above 60km/h???. Question No this is not normal and the local dealer tested the car with me and they was quite surprised when the experienced this happening.

Post #200413 Wed Dec 17 2008 6:44pm
pelle

Sweden 

What was the end of This story?

Post #448713 Sat Jan 17 2015 10:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1