RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > One year after buying and what went wrong
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Terryrrs

United Kingdom 
One year after buying and what went wrong

Last December I was sought of forced into trading in my RS4 because my wife had problems getting in and out of it. I thought what can I buy. After considerable thought about 10 seconds I decided to look at RRS and took a drive to Hammonds of Halesworth and looked at a RRS black edition which I liked. Told them what I needed in part exchange and if it was acceptable I would then go for a test drive. As you can guess all went well and I had my Christmas present. I had pneumonia at the time and was feeling like Censored not a good time to make important decisions but it cheered me up. I then joined this forum and thought " Oh no what have I done" all these expensive problems and now a list of every thing that has gone wrong.

NOTHING

I do miss the RS4 but would I go back the answer has to be no. The world has changed and there is no place for high speeds on our crowded roads if you have a need for speed the track is the place. I now arrive pretty relaxed even after traffic jams has made it a slowish journey.
PS I have always bought on impulse.

Merry Christmas everyone

Post #445875 Fri Dec 19 2014 10:54pm
JKay

Australia 

Good to hear

What MY did you get and what engine ?

Ps I agree too about the speed thing which is why I've sold my M3 and looking for an RRS next.

I've recently moved back to Australia and it's terrible here, quite a few highways have an 80kmh (50mph) speed limit, and the max is 100-110kmh tops ..... Bit of overkill on the speed limits in my opinion but hey I'm sure others will
Disagree with me.

Post #445883 Sat Dec 20 2014 2:19am
BKHK

Australia 

I agree with you JK, Australians and particularly Perth people drive slower than my old Nanna did in her Fiesta, its pathetic. But I am thinking of going the other way and getting a new M3 Confused

Terry, I wouldn't expect anything to go wrong in the first year. My X6 hasn't gone wrong either, if it did I would be livid!

Post #445888 Sat Dec 20 2014 6:23am
Terryrrs

United Kingdom 

JKay it is a MY13 RRS1 3.0 oil burner and on speed limits it would be nice if you were able to break the speed limit. I looked at my average speed "30 mph". I go to Germany a couple of times a year and people speak of autobahns as a Mecca for maxing your car it is untrue many have limits and are as crowded as our motorways. There are some but you have to know where they are. I maxed out the RS4 on one and the GPS read 168mph. To be honest I did not feel comfortable at these speeds and slowed down to about 120mph.
Terry

Post #445890 Sat Dec 20 2014 8:48am
Terryrrs

United Kingdom 

BKHK It was slightly used I would not have been happy if something had gone wrong but I still remember my early driving days with British cars however I did have a Lotus Cortina which caused me no grief. I eventually went over to the dark side and bought a BMW 2002tii and remained faithful to german cars until now because nothing went wrong actually I lie I did have a BMW that required a short engine in the first year due to bore wear.
Terry
PS My father was born in Surrey Hills Sydney and many of my family live in Perth also if you ever unfortunately end up in hospital you may be treated my one of my son's friends.
Here is my grandfather

Post #445891 Sat Dec 20 2014 9:02am
JKay

Australia 

BKHK if I personally had an M3 here in Aus I would just hand in my license lol.... I wouldn't have the will power to keep my right foot back. I've been pinged by speed guns more in the past 2 months in aus than I ever was Every year in the UK
...looked at an M4 (the new M3 Coupe to me) the other day and I must admit I was tempted. Also seen some decent used E92's for sale Online Twisted Evil

TerryRRS an MY12/13 RRS1 oil burner is exactly what I'll be looking for when I find the right one at the right price....glad to hear that not all of them fall apart....

Post #445895 Sat Dec 20 2014 10:43am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I think its well recognised that the post 2010 cars have improved mechanical reliability. The 2.7 engine's bottom end is a weakness that even JLR accept.

Unfortunately gremlins in the electronics still cause heartache as the cars mature. Great cars when they're right - a nightmare when not.

Hopefully when JLR's own engine plant starts feeding production there won't be a new set of teething issues.

With the dear old EU making new noises about the long term future of diesel cars lets hope JLR hasn't built a white elephant.

Post #445897 Sat Dec 20 2014 11:14am
BKHK

Australia 

Luckily JK, radar detectors are still legal here in WA and my Valentine 1 has been a most worthwhile investment. I am not tempted by the E92 anymore, but I would love an F80 having had a great thrash at a BMW track day recently!

Post #445903 Sat Dec 20 2014 12:31pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

drdelrrs wrote:

Hopefully when JLR's own engine plant starts feeding production there won't be a new set of teething issues.

With the dear old EU making new noises about the long term future of diesel cars lets hope JLR hasn't built a white elephant.

Ingenium will cover both petrol abd diesel applications Thumbs Up

http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-in/...se_090714/

Post #445905 Sat Dec 20 2014 1:21pm
Andyjay123

The world has changed for you with regards to speed. 2006 RRS Supercharged 4.2 HST muthuaflecka!

Post #445908 Sat Dec 20 2014 1:35pm
JKay

Australia 

BKHK wrote:
Luckily JK, radar detectors are still legal here in WA and my Valentine 1 has been a most worthwhile investment. I am not tempted by the E92 anymore, but I would love an F80 having had a great thrash at a BMW track day recently!

Ooh they're legal here are they?? Hmmmm now I never knew that Smile

Post #445924 Sat Dec 20 2014 5:18pm
sagalout

Had mine nearly 2 years now (61 plate) and also found it extremely reliable...at least after the very first day of ownership when it broke down due to a gearbox hose leak!

Awesome cars - you only hear about the bad ones.

Post #445947 Sat Dec 20 2014 8:52pm
BKHK

Australia 

Only in WA JKay, totally illegal in all other states and territories I'm afraid.

VIC is the biggest nanny for speeding but it's bad everywhere here. You are right, a fast car is a waste of space in Oz. Last time I drove in the UK I thought 100 KMH felt fast enough until I realised it was MPH when I was on the motorway Rolling Eyes

Post #445960 Sun Dec 21 2014 12:19am
URX

Scotland 

My first one went into limp mode half way home from the dealers.
The usual wheelarch trims failed..other than that it was 70k of great motoring(tdv8)until the arbs went..not actually that expensive a fix but time for a newer one.
Then I got a my12 hselux. Better in every respect except the 3.0 sdv6 has 1% the character of the v8 but it's noticeably better on diesel. Replacement door handle and more wheelarch trims but that's another 26k of fun motoring....

Post #445961 Sun Dec 21 2014 12:20am
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Your post makes me smile. I have had B5 and B7 RS4's from new. The B5 spent most of its first 6 months in dealer with loads of oil leaks, 27 bent wheels, gearbox support bearing collapse and B7 had lots of electrical failures including rad fans running battery flat and Xmas light dash. Eventually all sorted. Sold B7 after a year as its not a drivers car, even the mrs could hoon it in safety, I still the B5 Whistle it's not just JLR products that have issues Big Cry
There is no doubt that the Sport is very good at what it does just a shame larger percentage have issues that muddies the love, I also believe the dealer network has questions to answer as often the problem isn't solved in one visit.
I miss my Sport everytime I drive the barge, but I take out my frustration on a track
 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #445975 Sun Dec 21 2014 10:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>