Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Used RRS Supercharged - Ownership Advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dgcbev

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black
Used RRS Supercharged - Ownership Advice

Hi All

Today I picked up my 59 plate (facelifted) supercharged RRS, HSE. 40k miles. Paid under 30k which seemed pretty reasonable..but guess most were put off by mpg

Black with Ivory Leather, plenty of kit, sunroof, adaptive cc, and dvd players in the back.

After a couple of hours in it first things I love already are the great ride, the interior and that engine. Such a calming place to be (maybe cos kids were at home) with little road noise and suprising poke and smoothness for a car that size.

So the question is what now...

I have heard that getting a spare wheel protector is a good call, so onto that (its on the street as my garage is too small)...applying to widen my garage. Strange logic maybe, most would get a smaller car rather than a bigger garage.

I bought from LR Stratstone dealer with 2 year warranty, and they serviced before i picked up. But am really not used to looking after this sort of car...ive never had anything other than 4 cylinder engines, and nothing even half the weight.

Are there things i should look out for? and keep topped up to ensure smooth running. I gather it will need plenty of pads and bushes at service/mot time.

And what oil type?

And couple of questions, where are mpg, trip computer info etc? cant find it near speedometer. And how i change settings such as gearbox, can i make it so the gears are held longer in paddle shift mode? at the moment it only goes into D5 or D6 etc and changes back to fully auto pretty quickly.

Advice and experience from other supercharged (or any RRS) owners would be greatly appriciated...

thanks

David

Post #440320 Fri Oct 24 2014 12:55am
martyn05

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

A spare wheel protector is a must, search on the site here and you will find where to get one.

Get yourself a good warranty and find a local indy.

Sorry I can not help you with your other questions, mine is a 06 model. 2006 RRS SC Bonatti Grey (the 55th car/van I have owned)
2005 GSX 1400 K5

Post #440323 Fri Oct 24 2014 7:42am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Mpg and other info is shown at bottom of main dash between speedo and Rev counter just press the end of indicator stork or light stork can't think which one Banging Head
To hold gears longer push gear-lever left into manual mode hope that helps 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Last edited by viper on Fri Oct 24 2014 3:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #440325 Fri Oct 24 2014 9:04am
dgcbev

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Thanks for that help. Putting gear to the left and into S mode works well, thanks. My first automatic so still clinging on to these things.

Post #440329 Fri Oct 24 2014 9:25am
Bungleaio

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

martyn05 wrote:
Get yourself a good warranty and find a local indy..

Car came with a 2 year warranty from LR so I would stick within the dealer network rather than getting another warranty and taking it to independents.

Wheel protectors can be bought from http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic23416.html?

I doubt you will have any issues with it being such a new car, don't worry about trips etc just keep putting fuel in and you won't go far wrong Thumbs Up

Post #440339 Fri Oct 24 2014 2:33pm
martyn05

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Sorry, I must of missed the bit about it coming with a 2 year warranty from LR Embarassed 2006 RRS SC Bonatti Grey (the 55th car/van I have owned)
2005 GSX 1400 K5

Post #440356 Fri Oct 24 2014 5:25pm
V8SC

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

martyn05 wrote:
A spare wheel protector is a must, search on the site here and you will find where to get one.

Get yourself a good warranty and find a local indy.

Sorry I can not help you with your other questions, mine is a 06 model.

..as martyn05 says. Otherwise, welcome to the club ! enjoy Thumbs Up Carl

Post #440377 Fri Oct 24 2014 9:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1