RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 2011 RRS remap to 295 bhp
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jasper ham

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
2011 RRS remap to 295 bhp

Hi all, just thought I would share with you my recent mod. I know quite a few of the forum members have had their RRS remapped and others that have been asking about the benefits and local company's that do this. I had mine done at http://www.more-bhp.com/visit_more_bhp.html they are based in Crewe but have a number of dealers around the country and some in Europe. They came highly recommended by a friend of mine that has had a number of diesel remaps by these guys on Audi/ VW so well thought of on the other forums. I drove it down on Sat morning and as the motorway was clear I conduct a fuel economy test. I approached a section of the motorway at a steady 60mph and as I passed under the bridge I engaged the cruise control to hold it at 60mph and reset the trip. After driving for around 12 miles I took a further marker from another bridge and checked what they MPG had averaged, it came in at 30.2 MPG, I then proceeded on to More BHP in Crewe to discuss the remap. I met a guy called Jason who is the MD and a very nice guy, he talked me through what they were going to do, and then set to work. After about 15mins I wandered into Crewe for a bacon butty only to return 1hr 20 mins later to see how they were doing ...... Jason smiling said, all done and would I like to test the car before paying? So we went for a run around the back roads, I can honestly say it has transformed the RRS into a much more drivable machine. The mid range pick up from the increased torque is superb, and the car is so much more lively. Jason was saying he loves doing RRS diesels as they just transform the car and he always receives a great response from the owner. So £299 inc vat later I set off for the drive home, with a very responsive car. The next morning I was down the same stretch of motorway on a day out so decided to check that this extra power had not impacted on my MPG as Jason says it should improve! So exactly the same as the day before I reset the trip under the same bridge on cruise at 60mph, 12 miles later and under the next bridge marker I took the MPG reading .......... 34.2 MPG so around a 12% increase in MPG which has really pleased me. So my advice is, if your thinking of this mod then do it, you will not be disappointed. I have no connection with More BHP just heard good things about the work, and I would say £299 is a very good price for this work.

Post #428261 Wed Jun 25 2014 12:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1