RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > How the Modifications Start.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
How the Modifications Start.....

So a few months back, I got my first RRS and joined the forum here to get a heads up on some stuff. And a great community and mine of information it is too. Thumbs Up

I have always been a fan of original unmolested cars. So I bought this low mileage one owner example.

Pretty reasonable car up to now, a few repairs, but nothing beyond what I expected and not discussed ad infinitum here. Timing belts still to do, but already done is AC repaired, suspension compressor, anti roll bar bushes, gearbox flush, software updates. The usual. Oh, and dash mat added. Mr. Green

I read some of these topics about blokes upgrading grilles, lights, side vents, wheels etc. Then others upgrading tailgate strips and other small details that most people wouldn't notice, and I thought they were out to lunch.

I fought it. But then it started........

I need side steps don't I? I dont know why I do, but I just want some coz they look cool, so I bought them. "Are they more practical somehow?" my wife asked. I assured her that climbing in wearing heels might give her some advantage or added modesty with short hemlines. I have no clue if this is the case, I winged that, but my nine year old lad assures me they are a "must have" anyway. Rolling with laughter

My wheels are a bit grubby and tyres are not so long away, so I picked up a set of wheels and tyres from a member here. The idea is that the new tyres I need soon combined with my grotty wheels, compared to what I paid for the new set, minus what I might get for the old ones, and didn't pay to refurb the old ones make the new ones look a good deal. And that is probably the case.

So now I find myself looking at different coloured repeaters and leather steering wheels. Perhaps back and front lights with the LED's in. Do I need them? Not really. Do I see them? Not really. Do I drive at night? Very seldom. So who am I hoping to impress if I spend the grand or so I need to to do that stuff? Probably nobody, but the car looks cooler when sporting the cool lights, eh? Whistle

If I start, where does it stop?

On one hand, I don't see the point of buying an older car and then spending thousands to make it look like a newer one, when you could just spend the extra money and buy a newer one anyway. Or did I miss something with the value jump in the 2010+ model?

So here is the question: What have members spent on upgrades and updates. And why?

Post #426598 Mon Jun 09 2014 2:23am
monty19

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

only thing i did was to colour code, much prefer it that way

Post #426600 Mon Jun 09 2014 4:59am
SRE

Spain 

Agree, colour code, it makes the car that much better to clean, no need for that black liquid boot polish stuff. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #426606 Mon Jun 09 2014 6:36am
PEACHY

England 

Don't start it won't stop - I've spent thousands & yesterday had a short sharp shock - coming down to earth with a bump.Went to look at a 12MY Sport although the sales reps was very impressed with my RRS they said no way could they get anywhere near what I'd want as a part ex on a 43k sale.
I started because I like tinkering, then it became a mission Big Cry strange thing is though even though I liked the new Sport I was looking at - I would want My current wheels - side steps & mudflaps put on straight away another £1500 give or take. The spare was a safe saver & I have a Blackvue fitted so again more expense even on a relatively new car Rolling with laughter

Decisions Decisions. 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #426613 Mon Jun 09 2014 9:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Well, I fought the temptation, but it has started. Wheels and side steps already. Mr. Green

Old wheels are in the powder coaters getting the full refurbishment, I haven't decided if to keep or sell them yet. I suppose if only for space, they will need to go.

Those door handles look a bit naff in grey........

Post #428380 Wed Jun 25 2014 7:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1