RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Are they really THAT bad?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

wemeadows

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Fuji White

The trick is to get a good one and therein lies the rub (and roll of the dice).

I had a '95 RR Classic for 18 yrs and it was the most reliable vehicle that we've ever owned (over Merc, Cadillac, BMW, Volvo, Jaguar, others). Repairs on it were cheaper than many of the other makes.

So far, the '13 Sport is doing what it should trouble free over the last 5 months or so...no "new car" issues to date (although I will say that the seat memory gets confused sometimes).

Free advice: get it checked by a mechanic who knows RR and you trust, go over the service history with him, get a warranty even if it passes the prior two.

I've heard from my service guy that the first model years of many LR series (such as the 95 P38s or early Sports) can be a bit dicey...best to buy the latest model year you can afford in a series. His advise on used Sports is '09 or later.

But yea, they're complicated and expensive to operate and you will be visiting the shop and replacing tires and breaks more than you'd like.... In balance, they are wonderful vehicles, luxurious, capable, safe, and a pleasure to drive and ride in. 2013 RRS HSE Lux, Fuji White w/Silver Pkg, 5.0 V8
Gone, but not forgotten: 1995 RR County Classic SWB, Arctic White

Post #399532 Tue Oct 22 2013 9:44pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

simple1 wrote:
Boom. Your shot Codmiester. Bow down Rolling with laughter .

Yes, I was expecting someone to have a go! You certainly have been through the mill with yours, and as you said, mechanical problems do happen! Maybe I have just been lucky, But i have just worked out some reliability stats in my 26 years and rather embarrassingly low 9 daily daily drivers.

Breakdowns - 1 , distributer arm broke on a Kadett Coupe GTE (fixed at roadside as I always carried spares like that)
Recurring problems - 3, brakes needed adjusting on an '81 mini every weekend.
my Merc ML kept jumping out of first at traffic lights (just about the only manual the dealer had come across and they could never fix it )
The RRS has only had a new door lock recently

Maybe I just haven't had enough cars to form a history of rubbish ones Laughing

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #399535 Tue Oct 22 2013 9:51pm
Concept

Hmm, still wavering.

Thanks for all the feedback, think I need to reacquaint myself with the Q7 to satisfy my mind.

Post #399648 Thu Oct 24 2013 8:45am
Corns-88

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Buy the audi and you will always wounder if you made the right choice. Buy a sport and within a couple of months no matter how many times it goes in for repair, you will KNOW you made the right choice. 07 tdv8 stornoway grey at home tucked up
x type jag work and back hack
x5 Gone - never fully loved or cared for
Disco td5 gone - saved a fortune on ear plugs
Freelander gone - one of the first and worst
early disco gone- A tractor in a fur coat.

Post #399663 Thu Oct 24 2013 1:47pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Buy the Audi and bet you a good steak dinner that you will trade it in within a year. Having owned many Audis, they are great cars but totally soulless. 145000 miles in a 2.5 TDI Allroad was the exception oh and my baby (B5 RS4). Having put up with 6 years of heartbreak, there is nothing that comes close to a Sport. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #399684 Thu Oct 24 2013 4:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MXSRR

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Sumatra Black

I agree that Audi's are quite dull, apart from the RS TT and the R8, when I say dull I mean that there is no sense of occasion felt on the daily drive. The RRS on the other hand is in a different league- smooth quiet etc... and it makes every drive feel special... just my tuppence worth MY2007 RRS TDV8 Black - tinted glass - side steps- stormer grille - 20" diamond cut alloys - alpaca leather - TV/DVD pack - some blingy chrome bits & bob's

Post #399687 Thu Oct 24 2013 5:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12