RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Dynamic Response on which model ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Laurent T

France 
Dynamic Response on which model ?

I have a hard time understanding what models will receive in Europe the dynamic response. I've tried to configure a SDV6 in top spec Autobiography with Dynamic Pack, but the Dynamic response does not appear in the final summary, whereas it is present for a similarly speced V8 Supercharged. I cannot find where to add the option, which is strange because the offical specification pdf file show that active anti-roll (which is the Dynamic Response as far as I understand) is available as option with this engine. What I am doing wrong ?

Post #379583 Thu Apr 04 2013 3:59pm
mse

United Kingdom 

If you have Terrain Response 2 Auto it will have Dynamic mode...it will be there - the configurator isnt that good...just download the catalogue Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379590 Thu Apr 04 2013 6:18pm
DBA

Macedonia 

mse wrote:
If you have Terrain Response 2 Auto it will have Dynamic mode...it will be there - the configurator isnt that good...just download the catalogue

I think he meant Dynamic Response Program, which uses the air suspension to help reduce roll.
TR Dynamic mode i guess is used to stiffen suspension and steering to sharpen the drive on demand as on the Evoque.

It would be more usefull, if LR had more infornation on these technologies and provude some concepts if they work. Maybe some instructionall videos...

Post #379596 Thu Apr 04 2013 7:18pm
mse

United Kingdom 

DBA wrote:
mse wrote:
If you have Terrain Response 2 Auto it will have Dynamic mode...it will be there - the configurator isnt that good...just download the catalogue

I think he meant Dynamic Response Program, which uses the air suspension to help reduce roll.
TR Dynamic mode i guess is used to stiffen suspension and steering to sharpen the drive on demand as on the Evoque.

It would be more usefull, if LR had more infornation on these technologies and provude some concepts if they work. Maybe some instructionall videos...

I know, which is part of the terrain response system (as is the same on the current cars Thumbs Up ) Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379611 Thu Apr 04 2013 11:52pm
Laurent T

France 

Thank you for those feedbacks. Indeed the catalogue is showing some options and details you cannot find in the configurator. Dynamic verisons include as standard the active body roll control and if you spec an HSE with the SDV6, you can get as option the On / Off Road Pack which includes twin speed transfer box, Terrain Response® 2 Auto (including Dynamic program), Dynamic
Response™ (which is the active roll control I was looking for) and Torque Vectoring.

Also, I noted some differences between UK and France on the line-up. Looking at the French configurator, you have two Autobiography levels : "standard" (only available for SDV6), with silver finish and dynamic (SDV6 & V8 Supercharged) with the same black finish as the Autobiography you get in UK. This is not the case in UK and I don't know what you think, but I much prefer the silver finish to the black one and I think it is a pity Land Rover is reducing the choice in this manner.

Post #379623 Fri Apr 05 2013 8:52am
mse

United Kingdom 

The UK usually gets more and better specs, for a number of reasons. I cant say the specs of the new RRS impresses though Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379679 Fri Apr 05 2013 4:47pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Nope! Rubbish spec's for such an expensive vehicle!

To get the Dynamic Response pack and a low range box you will hane to go for the Dynamic HSE model, which at £65,000 is the same price a a 3 bed detached villa, with its own pool in southern Spain............ Whistle

Oh.........and that's before you add things like privacy glass etc etc........

I really do think that LR are way off the mark with spec and pricing on this one, and don't forget - in 2014 the new RRS will be fitted with a completely new range of 'Hotfire' engines, which will immediately impact on the resale value of the new MY2013 RRS.

Jim

Post #379681 Fri Apr 05 2013 4:54pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I think you missed my point in the above post or my general points.

Im saying UK spec is usually better than ROW specs. Im not saying that the current offering is better - im with others on here (read posts) that say the spec and price options for the UK market seems wrong and i will be considering options - unfortunately that is looking likely to make me move away from the sport.

Spain...i though property was about £30 now...hasnt they country gone bust? Rolling with laughter Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379688 Fri Apr 05 2013 5:20pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

What are these "hotfire" engines and why do you think they'll impact resale of the early 2013 RRSs? Are they significantly better (more powerful/economical)?

Post #379692 Fri Apr 05 2013 5:49pm
jim4244

Hotfire engines will be specifically built for the 'new' LR range and will be placed in all their models from 2014. LR are building a new engine plant that will only manufacture these engines.

The engines will offer vast improvements in emissions, performance and MPG.

There is also the new 9 ZF gearbox which LR have developed, which will appear in the MY14 Evoque from this coming August / September.

So it is quite conceivable that you may buy an 8 speed new model RRS with a current production SDV6 engine, only for it to be replaced on the MY15 (Sept 2014) with the new 9 speed box and a new Hotfire engine.

Watch the value of your MY13/14 'New' RRS tumble!

Jim

Post #379697 Fri Apr 05 2013 7:25pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I doubt that to be honest - yes JLR are building a new plant in Wolverhampton to make its own engines, but this isnt a new concept and to say values of the current will tumble because of that is a little extreme Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379740 Sat Apr 06 2013 10:10am
jim4244

If given the choice which model would you buy - the new up engined one with a 9 speed box or the old 8 speed SDV6?

Just remember that JLR doesn't give a toss about the UK market. All future sales campaigns are geared up for the USA, China, Far East and the Middle East. With the US JLR have to improve the emissions of their diesel engines as currently they do not meet the strict emission requirements in some states, hench the new engines and gearbox.

Jim

Post #379746 Sat Apr 06 2013 10:35am
mse

United Kingdom 

Thats not true either...the UK is still one of the most significant markets

And also remember that 2nd hand cars tend not to be bought by people considering the new car engine, there are also other factors at play Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379750 Sat Apr 06 2013 11:27am
jim4244

You are not an ex Crab Officer are you MSE?

Jim

Post #379752 Sat Apr 06 2013 12:08pm
mse

United Kingdom 

i would comment if i had any idea what you meant Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379789 Sun Apr 07 2013 1:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>