RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Not so bullet proof TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 22 <123 ... 567 ... 202122>

simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Oh yea. Told you am useless with anything complicated Rolling with laughter 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #377869 Fri Mar 22 2013 8:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Laughing Laughing

Just incase other ppl want to view the Quattro UR Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #377872 Fri Mar 22 2013 9:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simple1

Now why can't I do that? Rolling Eyes 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #377874 Fri Mar 22 2013 9:09pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

DCI Hunt hit the nail on the head Thumbs Up

Fire up the quattro Bow down

Laughing Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #377885 Fri Mar 22 2013 10:24pm
simple1

Had it since 1985, when it was 3 years old. Begged and borrowed to buy it, thanks Grandad, and been faithful servant ever since. There is no car that sounds similar. Bow down Bow down 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #377889 Fri Mar 22 2013 10:35pm
simple1

Month three has just started and still no engine or sign of one. After all the promises and reassurance from LR head office about how important their customers are to the business, they can't even return phone calls as promised with an ETA. As you may gather, I am starting to become just a tad angry with being promised the earth and getting fairy liquid bubbles Evil or Very Mad
Oh well, got a long weekend to chillax, overdose on chocolate, then the rest of the week to get angry again as the only person in the entire LR factory who knows what is going on is on holiday until 8th April. Great Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #378958 Thu Mar 28 2013 4:51pm
BigCat8810

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I bet Daniel Craig did not have those problems with the one he drove in NY this week!

Sorry to be flippant, must be a nightmare and LR should be delivering efficient updates to you even if they don't have a replacement engine, no excuse for ignoring your communication.

Given the reasonable readership of this forum in terms of owners and prospective owners LR not doing themselves any good on the PR front.

Enjoy the chocolate! --------------------------------------------------------
RRS TDV8 Black/Black (Gone)
RRS TDV8 Stornaway (Gone)
RR Vogue TDV8 (Gone)
RRS 4.4V8 (Gone)
Defender 110 300tdi (Stolen, much missed)
RR Vogue V8 P38 (Gone)
LR 90 TD (Gone)

Post #378959 Thu Mar 28 2013 5:06pm
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

I think they are so focused on potential NEW owners that they aren't too bothered with the old ones. I am in Dubai at present and the sheer number of RRS and FF is amazing. My bet is only tiny amount of these owners read this forum or are "enthusiasts". I fear that we are diminishing in number and importance....for the short term. Sad SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #379043 Fri Mar 29 2013 4:20am
simple1

Well........ You guessed it, no engine this week! After a worldwide dealership trawl, there are still no TDV8 engines to be assigned in the entire network. Rolling Eyes
After yet another chat with exec office they are still unable to give an Eta.
This is fast becoming a joke, and getting bored of posting same Censored every week. Crying or Very sad 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #379527 Wed Apr 03 2013 7:49pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Why don't you tell L/R that you wish to move on now and wish to sell the vehicle to them for what it was worth before the engine went pop. It is costing you far too much in depreciation and therefore leaving a big gap in your finances for you to be able to get back into another sport the longer this unacceptable issue goes on + it will save them money in courtesy cars. I would not put up with this a day longer. Mr. Green Time to put your foot down methinks Simon. Thumbs Up

Post #379529 Wed Apr 03 2013 8:17pm
simple1

Gave them back their loan car weeks ago as it was useless other than a form of transport. Can't tow or drive off road even though I did try Whistle how Nissan quashki got tow car of the year is beyond me.
I did look today at alternative cars and their is one Cairns blue one out there with zero spec, mine had just about every option on it when ordered. But I agree with you Ade, it's time something constructive was done by LR other than blowing bubbles 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #379532 Wed Apr 03 2013 8:27pm
Markos

Slovenia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Simple I have to tell you that sadly you are not the only one with that problem. On Friday I saw one RRS TDV8 with a blown engine and no ETA for a new one....and there was also one 2.7TDV6 and the engine for that one should arrive in one week time...so problems only with V8's 2008 RRS TDV8 HSE, Java black, Alpaca,.....

Post #379535 Wed Apr 03 2013 10:15pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Cant they take your engine (you do have an engine i assume), rebuild/refurb it and return it to you Question Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379537 Wed Apr 03 2013 10:18pm
simple1

It has been explored by dealer but they felt it will take three to four weeks to remanufacture. The dealer does not want a car stuck on a ramp in bits for weeks as obviously to remove engine the body has to come off. It is also easier apparently to have donor and receiving engines side by side rather than stripping and then later refitting. But this may soon become the only other option and in general terms, all they need is the block as all other components are replaced so they tell me. I'm not sure how much use the block will be bearing in mind it has siezed solid. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #379539 Wed Apr 03 2013 10:31pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Ive seen the engine out without the body being taken off, i think its been discussed on here...but it sounds like your at the place now to just get it done and have the re manufacture your engine...i mean its taking up space waiting for the engine!

They could always lower the body on after the engine is out and refix to make it a roller...ive seen that on D3's Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #379542 Wed Apr 03 2013 10:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 22 <123 ... 567 ... 202122>