RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Site News & Feedback > how to get post deleted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

codfather wrote:

if he wasnt driving, then he was holding the camera, which makes him just as guilty!

NOPE ..... Sure he also said in the original thread at the time (now edited to : "I love kahn") it wasn't his video either. Rather he found it on the net and thought he should show people what kahn or in this case cosworth do with customers cars.

Reading between the lines, mechanical mind is a disgruntled kahn employee who decided to get some vengeance by highlighting some of Kahn's practices. That has now apparently come back to bite him in the back side.

If the above is the case then I applaud the guy for bringing this to our attention. He could have however, approached it slightly better. I would certainly not be going anywhere near Kahn with my car.

Had he been the driver of the car then like most of you I agree he needs hung from the gallows.

Post #357680 Mon Sep 24 2012 10:07am
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Ahh, i only saw the post after it had been edited to "i love Kahn" and the video had been removed!
funnily enough i am taking the wifes abarth in for a service today, and have recieved a text asking to note the mileage when it comes in, Uncle Arnold must have been suffering from the same sort of thing as Kahn, the easist way to avoid this would be to only have the service manager road testing the cars, and not some 19 year old apprentice!
cheers
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #357681 Mon Sep 24 2012 10:18am
x5pea

codfather wrote:
Ahh, i only saw the post after it had been edited to "i love Kahn" and the video had been removed!
funnily enough i am taking the wifes abarth in for a service today, and have recieved a text asking to note the mileage when it comes in, Uncle Arnold must have been suffering from the same sort of thing as Kahn, the easist way to avoid this would be to only have the service manager road testing the cars, and not some 19 year old apprentice!
cheers
dave

Really that's a strange thing to communicate to customers. I agree I'd expect AC to manage that themselves if there was a problem.

I once got a speeding ticket after putting my car into a LR garage Laughing took me about 30secs to realise it was in their care at the time. LR responded sensibly and killed the complaint before i got the chance to get worked up, with a free service. Which I took full advantage off a while later

Post #357683 Mon Sep 24 2012 10:25am
codfather

youd think so, but it is probably just to put customers minds at rest (maybe it is just the abarth dealer, i will ask them later anyway!) MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Post #357685 Mon Sep 24 2012 10:39am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Another thing to check if your alloys are in mint condition, point this out the the service manager because some of the monkeys taking the wheels of a car just lay them down on the face causing them to get scratched or have been know to kurb them whilst out test driving the vehicle Whistle Its difficult to prove once the damage has been done afterwards if you havn't mentioned it to the service manager when dropping your car off.

Post #357686 Mon Sep 24 2012 10:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I took photos of my mileage during my 2 months of issues this year - my car gained 100 miles on its last stay with the dealer and when I asked for an explanation I was told it was road testing and a diversion due to roadworks Evil or Very Mad

I now wish I had fitted tracker instead of changing insurance companies Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #357687 Mon Sep 24 2012 10:49am
x5pea

muddywheels wrote:
I took photos of my mileage during my 2 months of issues this year - my car gained 100 miles on its last stay with the dealer and when I asked for an explanation I was told it was road testing and a diversion due to roadworks Evil or Very Mad

I now wish I had fitted tracker instead of changing insurance companies Embarassed

100 mile road test due to a diversion ? they go via the euro tunnel

Post #357689 Mon Sep 24 2012 11:09am
Beancounter_74

England 

muddywheels wrote:
.........my car gained 100 miles on its last stay with the dealer and when I asked for an explanation I was told it was road testing and a diversion due to roadworks Evil or Very Mad

Shocked so that's circa £25-£35 of fuel, depending on how you drive.....I assume they gave you the cost of this back Whistle ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #357690 Mon Sep 24 2012 11:15am
codfather

Ady 555 wrote:
Another thing to check if your alloys are in mint condition

this is my wifes car we are talking about! women at 17" rubber bands dont mix! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Post #357691 Mon Sep 24 2012 11:25am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Laughing Laughing Say no more Whistle

Post #357692 Mon Sep 24 2012 11:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

BC - they did fill the tank but I am more concerned that some oik has been for a jolly in my car and probably revved the nuts off it Sad

I still haven't got the warranty they promised either - now in the hands of LRCS again Rolling Eyes

Loving the car again though Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #357693 Mon Sep 24 2012 11:48am
Beancounter_74

England 

Fair enough, but as you say, that's a bit of a mickey take......maybe look out on youtube for a video if it being ragged around Whistle Laughing

Good to hear you're back enjoying the car, just a shame that the dealer seems to be wiggling out of their promise........I really would become their worst nightmare now, pick a time to go down there and do not leave until you have the written agreement to the extended warranty in your hand Wink Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #357696 Mon Sep 24 2012 12:08pm
x5pea

Beancounter_74 wrote:
I really would become their worst nightmare

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #357697 Mon Sep 24 2012 12:16pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

^^^+1 Because before you know it the guy who promised it to you will have moved on and no one else will know anything about it Whistle

Post #357698 Mon Sep 24 2012 12:17pm
crookedm

x5pea, I see your point and understand why you think I'm being a Censored . However I'm under no illusion who was driving the vehicles. Just because he says he wasn't driving it doesn't mean he wasn't, he knows his actions where wrong hence protesting to much!

As for taking my anger out on him, that's incorrect.
All I have done is said he deserves to be punished for
a. Reputational damage
b. careless driving.

If however it wasn't him driving as you insist then point a. still stands.
It does seem all very immature behaviour from a disgruntled employee. There are stacks of people who'd happily do this guys job and cherish it.

Why don't you employ him if you think so highly of him?

Post #357701 Mon Sep 24 2012 12:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>