RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Riots in London
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>

BKHK

Australia 

Seriously, why hasn't the Army been deployed? Its obvious even from here that the Police can't cope. Not a good advertisement for the forthcoming Olympic City or the UK in general. Tottenham looks a bit like Mogadishu now.

That wimp Cameron needs to grow some balls or maybe the UK needs to transition to soon to be majority Black Rule like South Africa.

Post #309112 Tue Aug 09 2011 6:01am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The police are waiting at Homebase today to arrest the looters who are coming to buy a wall mount for their new TV! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #309116 Tue Aug 09 2011 8:16am
rrspoland

Poland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

I am looking at the news from here in Poland and can't undestand what I am seeing. can someon explain why the police doesn't do anything? what civil rights have to do with it?
Is the police now designated only to fine drivers for speeding and in such situations, which are happening now they have no rights/will to do anything?

I am sure there must be an explanation... My name: Patryk
RRS 4.2 s/c Rimini Red

Post #309119 Tue Aug 09 2011 8:30am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

So 300 were arrested last night............... arrested, false names taken and then let out. We badly need some salt mines in this country (it's forecast to be a hard winter so they will have plenty of work too).
I heard Lord Harris on the radio the other day after one of his carpet stores was destroyed, he was spouting off about how there is no employment for these people - then the interviewer asked if his company would employ any of them and he had no answer 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #309130 Tue Aug 09 2011 9:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Part of the reason for lack of work in courts and SWMBO's redundancy notice is that very few offenders are ever getting charged and taken to court now,it's highly unlikely that many of the offenders arrested last night will be charged,they'll just get a slap on the wrist,cautioned or even if convicted will receive Community Service Orders and then not bother showing up,if they do get fined they'll just have to rob another pensioner to pay the fine.
Did anyone watch Mother Theresa being interviewed this morning,is she on a different planet to the rest of us????
Get the water cannons and tear gas out and if that doesn't work just give them an hours notice and get the armed response units out and start using live rounds on any looters.
Anyone arrested found to be non UK nationals on refugee status returned home on C130's and a parachute. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Last edited by ChrisP on Tue Aug 09 2011 10:48am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #309135 Tue Aug 09 2011 10:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Quote:

I am looking at the news from here in Poland and can't undestand what I am seeing. can someon explain why the police doesn't do anything? what civil rights have to do with it?
Is the police now designated only to fine drivers for speeding and in such situations, which are happening now they have no rights/will to do anything?

I am sure there must be an explanation...

Back in 2005 when the bombers in London struck, many of the emergencey services were deployed but could not assist or enter the tube stations due to concerns for their health and saftey. Since then it seems that our country has become a much more dangerous place to live with many incidents reported in the press where front line emergency services have been unable to respond due to the danger they might face. These incidents have not been on the level of a full scale riot so what chance do we stand.
The police force can hardly be motivated though by the courts view on human rights which seems to provide criminals with a free get out of jail card.

My view is that riots show how angry people have become with our current situation, banks, goverment, councils, and media organsisations all taking what they want with complete disregard to the general public and thier wants and needs.

Is our situation here really any different to other parts of the world where troubles have flared up in recent times, or the reasons why it has.

Post #309137 Tue Aug 09 2011 10:15am
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

Deploy a few of these;

Rolling with laughter GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #309142 Tue Aug 09 2011 11:17am
andy r

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Zambezi Silver

Impressive weapon but would'nt help much, imagine the mess.

It saddens me to see all this going on and the fact that someone needs to grow a pair and get on with it. The police are employed and trained to deal with these situations so they need some leadership to push forwards, as for the Army, where are they ????? I can only pressume that the powers that be are taking the softly softly approach to appease the situation and prevent it spreading further. 08 2.7 RRS "S"
Td5 110......very modified
RS 5
Kawasaki ZX12R Censored me, it's quick !

Post #309143 Tue Aug 09 2011 11:36am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

andy r wrote:
as for the Army, where are they ????? I

What is left after the horrendous Defence cuts is no doubt doing a red thin line act somewhere up the khyber Pass to impress our yank cousins, its only an extension of US policy now we know to give it a more international feel... IMHO based on the current numbers it is no more than a defence force that should maybe pulled back to homeland for defence only ... I am sure cracking a few heads in London/Manchester and Bristol would be great crowd control practice Thumbs Up Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #309149 Tue Aug 09 2011 11:48am
kahndesign

i dont buy the broken home and poor society rubbish, not for a single second.

i grew up on a council estate in inner city glasgow, my dad left when i was 6.
i would never ever in a million years contemplate the actions of these people. smashing up an area is one thing but smashing up your own area, where you have to walk through on a daily basis? what is the point.

its just mindless violence and a massive bandwagon. we have plenty of army troops and ta troops in this country. send them in. surely thats what they are paid for? protecting the country?? or am i wrong.

half the problem in this country is that we are to concerned with what other countries are doing. lybia, afganistan etc etc. its a joke.

Post #309152 Tue Aug 09 2011 11:58am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Thought i would post this just in case any members have been effected by the riots

Quote:
You may be aware, losses caused by rioting can be recovered from the local Police Authority in whose area the damage occurred under the Riot Damages Act (1886). Claims for the recovery of such losses are known as subrogation claims and must be made within a strict 14 day deadline.

Should any of your customers/policyholders suffer loss or damage as a result of the recent riots, please be aware that insurers require immediate notification in order to lodge a claim in writing with the relevant Police Authority within the deadline.

A full definition of riot is included within the Public Order Act (1986). One of the key elements is “12 or more persons must be present together and use or threaten unlawful violence for a common purpose and the conduct of them (taken together) is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety”.
Please advise your customers and policyholders to contact us as soon as they are aware of any damage or losses caused by rioting. There may be some restrictions in place preventing people returning to their premises but if we have an early notification of a possible claim we will be better prepared to help your clients.

Post #309155 Tue Aug 09 2011 12:14pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

DRDILL wrote:
My view is that riots show how angry people have become with our current situation,

I agree 100% but they could focus their anger in a much more constructive way. I said to my wife a few months back that it wouldn't be long until civil unrest when gas companies increase bills by 20%, food and petrol all going up and companies reporting record profits! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #309157 Tue Aug 09 2011 12:23pm
andy r

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Zambezi Silver

Very Annoyed wrote:
DRDILL wrote:
My view is that riots show how angry people have become with our current situation,

I agree 100% but they could focus their anger in a much more constructive way. I said to my wife a few months back that it wouldn't be long until civil unrest when gas companies increase bills by 20%, food and petrol all going up and companies reporting record profits!

So it's your fault then..........

I cant make up my mind what has actually fueled this situation 08 2.7 RRS "S"
Td5 110......very modified
RS 5
Kawasaki ZX12R Censored me, it's quick !

Post #309159 Tue Aug 09 2011 12:40pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

The main issue is that there is no deterent to stop this, get caught and probably a slap on the wrist.

Go back 15 years when youths found it great fun to steal cars, they then decide to call it "joy riding" well it was a great joy for those that had their cars stolen. Had this been nipped in the bud by giving long prison sentences at the start the novelty of joy riding would not have seen so attractive.

Let me put it this way, somebody takes a £40K car and then burns it out after "joy riding" the insurance company and ultimately you and me have to pay, if the same youth walked into a bank and stole £40K they would have been banged up for 10 years, stealing a £40K car should carry same sentence as stealing £40K from a bank, the youths would soon have realised that 10 years is a long time to be away, but no what did the do gooders of the country do, they started to take these youths and engage with them at car mechanic classes, all this did was teach them how to steal them more easily. Shocked

Quantanamo has a few empty cells these days, should start filling it with a few rioting scumbags. Thumbs Up

Post #309166 Tue Aug 09 2011 2:04pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I'm not sure how much Mother Theresa was hoping to save with her cuts in police and other court related spending but she's in for a shock now I think,just read that because it is classed as a Riot if anyone who has suffered a loss claims within a statutory 14 days the cost must be met from public funds rather than insurance companies having to shell out,think that is probably grounds for her spending more time with her family Thumbs Up
Hopefully they might now reconsider the across the board 20% cuts they were planning which has resulted in SWMBO receiving her redundancy notice whilst we were on holiday last week.
Interestingly had somebody been doing their job properly and contacted the family of the shot alleged gangster to offer them some counselling and support as they should have done this all might have been averted. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #309169 Tue Aug 09 2011 3:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>