RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Riots in London
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Jonny Fresh

England 

Seriously I have been engrossed in work lately and not seen any news..........what started all these riots? Is it just social unrest? The benefit claimers wanting more? What is it exactly people are protesting against/rioting for???

London, bristol, birmingham, liverpool..............is my beloved city next?

Post #309171 Tue Aug 09 2011 3:31pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

No,I'm not saying it's somebody's fault,just saying that if they had it may not have happened as the demo by the family who hadn't had any contact after their sons death is what triggered the riots.
Up until recently each city had it's own dedicated small Victim Support team who quickly ring every person has has been affected by a crime to offer help,this is now being wound down to save money so people who have been in any way affected after being raped,mugged,robbed or burgled will as a result get a much less personalised response,they should also get support from a police Family Liason Officer,it's not their fault if this hasn't happened it's the budget holders who are making the swingeing cuts to further their career progresss through the polical ranks.
I'm quite old and can remember the Thatcher years,very cleverly she gave the police huge pay rises as her 1st move as she knew she would need their support to batter the miners and boy did she get it,unfortunately Clegg and Cameron wouldn't have been oop north at the time to witness what they did as they were probably still on their playing fields at Eton.
I'm still at a loss to understand why the Met could mobilise enough officers to batter the Countryside Alliance and Student Fees protestors when asked but just stand impassively and watch as London was raized last night,the conspiracy theorist part of me would put it down to their resistance to the 20% manpower cuts currently underway across the CJS.
My daughter is in London at the moment job hunting and temping and living in Clapham so as you can guess I didn't get much sleep last night in case I was summoned to pick her up,I felt like Liam Neilsson in Taken. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #309174 Tue Aug 09 2011 3:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
panda

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Evil or Very Mad Have 2 factory units in Edmonton and was told that they are going to target the estate tonight, what can you do? nothing just hope it's still there tomorrow. Evil or Very Mad 

Supporting the London Air Ambulance with my Brothers

Post #309175 Tue Aug 09 2011 4:06pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

One of the guys on FullFatRR is out in Essex and has been advised to remove all high value assets from his transport company tonight as there are expected acts of unwarranted criminality in his area. He owns a small bus company, it's a bit hard to remove buses and hide them somewhere safe........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #309177 Tue Aug 09 2011 4:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Endjin

Scotland 

What is happeining in various cities across our country is quite simply criminal thuggary and has got nothing whatsoever to do with the issue of a police shooting. 99% of those people taking part in the riots couldn't give a flying f Censored about the guy that was shot. It's just an excuse for thugs to wreak havoc. We are (and have been for a long time) far to soft on crime in this country. I find it staggering that some people are pointing the finger of blame at the current government.... Just how naive can these people be? How short are your memories? Wether you agree or disagree with the measures the current government is taking to try and deal with the ecenomic disaster that has affected this and other countries, you cannot forget that the previous government got us in this mess in the first place and that it was always going to be a thankless task for whomever took over to try and resolve. In a large part, this stems from the Blair Years of a nanny state that has bred a generation of people who think that it's their god given right to have everything handed to them on a plate! Well, sorry, but there is NO excuse for the actions that these scumbags are taking. Many people in this country live in difficult and downright horrid conditions but it's to their eternal credit that the vast majority show restraint and try and deal with their problems whilst remaining within the law. The Police are in a no win situation these days due to the "human Rights" issues that blurs every move they make. They are there to protect the lives & property of the law abiding public and for those that threaten this the Police should be given every resource available to deal with them. In a situation like we are seeing unfold in certain cities over the last few days if that means declaring marshall law and bringing troops onto our streets then so be it! How long will it be before these scumbag rioters end up killing a family when they become trapped in a burning home? There have already been stories of some very close calls. This needs to be stopped and it needs to be stopped with an Iron fist...... not by trying to pander to the needs and wants of a criminal minority!

Just as an aside, It has now been reported that this is spreading very wide and even Grampian Police are acting on information that there are moves afoot on Facebook, Twitter etc. to organise rioting in Aberdeen!! As I said it's just an excuse for thugs to flex their muscles.... 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #309179 Tue Aug 09 2011 4:24pm
dazsear

England 

1)I'll be interested if the govt will look back at the police cuts (there are reports of 16000 less cops & 16000 less support staff) and think......D'oh

2)Perhaps all those people that question the police retirement age by putting it up to 55-60 should also consider their effectiveness in such situation.........dads army springs to mind!

3)I would like to see the police go in very hard, I know my mates on the front line certainly want that but as usual they are holding back because of their orders, such orders will originate at No.10
SAYING THAT....
I will put money on people saying the police should have been softer the moment they start to get tougher.....so it's back to the old situation of damned if you do, damned if you don't!

4).............I could go on for ever but now is the time to bite my lip while my blood boils!

Daz Mad 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #309185 Tue Aug 09 2011 4:47pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

dazsear wrote:

I will put money on people saying the police should have been softer the moment they start to get tougher.....so it's back to the old situation of damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Not me on these scum, all guns blazing, could't care less if they killed them, as long as there is ample warning, "in one hour we are going to start shooting you", then if the are still there, open the taps

Post #309186 Tue Aug 09 2011 4:52pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Daz, I know it's not much but, For what it's worth, when the chips are down I have the upmost respect for the rank and file Police Officers that put their lives and wellbeing on the line to protect people like me & my family.
For the most part they do an excellent job under very difficult conditions. Respect to you all & I really hope that they are given the support they need to deal with this particular situation. Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #309187 Tue Aug 09 2011 4:54pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Daz I think every right minded person supports the police on the front line especially having obviously been given orders from the new Commissioner who was clearly terrified to make the wrong decision the first week in his new job with everyone else on their holidays.
What i think most people would like to know is why those orders were given and suitable resources deployed?
Mother Theresa is clearly delusional if she really thinks that they will listen to reason and the softly softly approach will win hearts and minds,they only thing they understand is consequences which should be proportional by giving Commanders at the very minimum water cannon,tear gas and if required rubber bullets as a last resort.
I was in Milan recently when a group of anti fur protestors occupied a fur shop next to the Duomo,within minutes only about 10 anti riot police arrived tooled up like Robocop and politely asked them to leave which they did compliantly within seconds as they new exactly what would happen if they didn't,it just needs a show of strength i.e. speak softly and carry a big stick ......,works for me Thumbs Up MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #309196 Tue Aug 09 2011 5:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just listening to R4's PM programme and it appears a lot of places are closing early and removing stock, boarding up etc. The people organising these riots are getting their way, they are disrupting everybody's life, just what they want. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #309197 Tue Aug 09 2011 5:44pm
dazsear

England 

The problem as I see it is the police are worried they caused the problem by shooting a gangsta.......whatever

So...they don't want to inflame the situation by being seen as going in heavy handed, trust me when i say it is impossible to detain people who want to fight you by being softly, softly....you get hurt. The only way to detain such people is to use a greater force but then it's always shown out of context and we are then seen to be bullies!

I expect to see different tactics tonight since we are facing bad press being soft, we might as well get bad press giving the thugs a good kicking to protect the good people of England!

I also expect to see the press giving the police a hard time tomorrow..........lucikily it's what we are used to!

Hey ho, I am currently at my holiday retreat of Anderby Creek on the Lincolnshire but expect my leave to be cancelled if things carry on.

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #309198 Tue Aug 09 2011 6:06pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

I couldn't agree more Dazser.......the only way to really deal with these type of people is to hit them harder. I would love to see the police cotrol the situation properly. Thumbs Up

Post #309199 Tue Aug 09 2011 6:12pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

I suspect the police know that the looters are probably in some way linked to organised crime, and as such a few of them may be packing heat! If you put armed police or the army in it would end up like the gunfight at ok coral!
You then get countless inquierys as to why somebody's kid got shot! Then the police would look even worse!
It has all been well orchestrated , almost as if someone has been waiting for the first protest to happen. MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #309200 Tue Aug 09 2011 6:15pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

I live in Ealing, but am in Dubai or 2 weeks working, and of course worried about my house, neighbours and cars etc....and I live right next to the town centre....

Worried and I'm not even there......

Post #309209 Tue Aug 09 2011 7:16pm
panda

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

NickM I am in Chingford if you want I can have a drive over tomorrow or whenever and look for you.
Just had neighbour knock on door big plume of smoke towards M25. Could see Sony building smoke earlier this looks a bit nearer, there were groups gathering in town centre wonder if fires there??? 

Supporting the London Air Ambulance with my Brothers

Post #309215 Tue Aug 09 2011 8:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>