RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > [FAQ] WARNING - DOES YOUR FRONT SUSPENSION KNOCK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 27 of 32 <123 ... 262728 ... 303132>

bradtarga34

Dropped mine off on Monday and just got the nod that the car is ready for collection. 8000 on the clock, and anti roll bar bushes replaced and link rods. I hope this won't be a regular occurence, or if they have modified the parts since they have been fitted from the build date... Can't wait to pick it up and see if it makes a difference to the handling, and looking forward to just hearing that lovely V8 sounds and nothing else! Off to Cumbria for New Years, so reassuring that it is all sorted, well for the time being anyway, and I have my new Conti Winter tyres as well, so all ready for whatever the weather can throw at us Very Happy

Post #283097 Wed Dec 15 2010 3:04pm
Rudskibaliblu

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Taking my 59 plt 3.0TDV6 in for the 3rd time next week have been told both times it's normal and that it's the mass damper taking up the slack Evil or Very Mad Just test driven my mates no knocking so I'm not leaving without results or a promise to replace parts, can anybody confirm that its the tie rod ends, roll bar bushes and mass damper that will need replaced or is there more? Just sick of having to do a 90 mile round trip to be fobbed of by some bullshitting technician Censored Think I might ask to test drive one of the RRS demonstrators that day aswell just to see if that does it. Is there anything else I need to know without having to read every thread on this.

Cheers Now gone Orkney grey SDV6 HSE with body style kit contrast stitch ebony leather, privacy, black piano, 22" Lowenharts for summer, 20" with Leon LTZ for winter.
Here 110 black edition defender.

Post #283122 Wed Dec 15 2010 7:16pm
Benidorm Mick

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

hey man. had my 08 done in april. rear bushes. front mass damper fitted. took it in again after 3 months, steering rack fitted, now knocking like a bag of spanners again from the front. major fault in RRS up to 2010 as far as i can see.

Post #283123 Wed Dec 15 2010 7:27pm
bradtarga34

Car is unbelievably quiet and seems more responsive to steering input, I think the gradual deterioration with the suspension was not quite realised... Service department reckon that they have fitted new spec bushes, but will have to wait and see... VERY happy now all sorted, just a shame these issues chip away at you confidence with the car, but I just love it to bits

Post #283145 Thu Dec 16 2010 12:18am
RRS_PAT

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Hi All,

I have a 2006 TDV6 HSE that I don't think has DSR that I am the new owner of. I have the knocking which is the final noise that I need to get rid of (Having followed advice on noisy tailgates etc from this forum). I was wondering has anyone had the relevant TSBs LTB00123 and LTB00241 I think) undertaken out of warranty and a rough idea of the cost and a view if I should go down this path or just turn the stereo up Wink .

The noise is annoying but I don't want to take it into the dealer and end up throwing my money away - especially as the noise seems to return (Not sure if this is just the DSR part of the issue).

I've tried phoning LR cust support but as it is out of warranty and not a recall they won't do anything.....

Your views/advice welcome Smile 2011 Autobiography Santorini Black

Post #283163 Thu Dec 16 2010 10:06am
Benidorm Mick

Sell it mate. It'll put you in an early grave Sad

Post #283164 Thu Dec 16 2010 10:20am
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

As the originator of this topic and after nearly 50,000 viewings I would like to announce that I have finally given up and sold my Sport. Like others I tried everything going to cure the knocking suspension whilst the car was under warranty. The last straw was when two months out of the factory warranty and with Land Rover's own extended warranty, Land Rover refused to replace the anti roll bar bushes claiming "wear and tear" and suggesting I "put up with the banging and crashing until the bushes are worn out" when they might reconsider replacement! Rolling with laughter

To anyone reading this and thinking about purchasing a Sport fitted with Dynamic Response DON'T DO IT. And yes it does need shouting. You are justified in your concerns and will regret not taking heed of all you have read about this topic and its subsequent posts.
A shame really. A great car spoilt by a simple design fault that has not been accepted as such and so never addressed properly. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #286773 Mon Jan 24 2011 7:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Benidorm Mick

Totally understandable decision friend and one i fear i will also have to make. What did you buy? What's the best of the rest. X5? Porsche? VW? What'dya think?

Post #286839 Tue Jan 25 2011 11:02am
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Benidorm Mick wrote:
Totally understandable decision friend and one i fear i will also have to make. What did you buy? What's the best of the rest. X5? Porsche? VW? What'dya think?

I visited all the usual dealerships and BMW were the only one who took an interest in my own casual interest in their X5. They even offered to get a specific demonstrator model in for me to try, despite me telling them I was set on buying a FFRange Rover. After driving the demonstrator I managed to get into a new FFRR for a couple of hours and decided the BMW was a better drive, cost less and with the bonus of a dealership knowing how to treat customers new and old. As a result I ordered a X5 Msport xdrive40 and deleted the sport suspension option (don't want any more knocking noises from suspension systems) giving 303 bhp, 0-60 in 6 seconds, £225 annual road fund, 38 mpg, servicing for 5yrs for £350 total and hopefully a damn sight more reliable than the Sport.

Incidentally, I lost count how many days my Sport spent in the dealership, but it must have been approaching a total of 50 days in the 38 months I owned it from new. Many, many trivial faults. As I said previously, a good car spoilt by design faults, poor quality and a bad response to these by Land Rover. Numerous people warned me what ownership would be like, but I took no notice. Their fears proved to be founded. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Last edited by rrsjo on Tue Jan 25 2011 12:45pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #286846 Tue Jan 25 2011 11:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Benidorm Mick

Yep it's a shame. The RRS is a beautiful car but there's only so mauch a man (or woman) can take. I was also told about reliability issues before i bought the car but as my wife will testify, i never listen to anyone Embarassed
Anyway, good luck with your Beemer Thumbs Up

Post #286859 Tue Jan 25 2011 12:27pm
rockhoppers1964

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Java Black
More knocking

Got an 07 plate 2.7 HSE with DSC.
Was fine when i first got it, but now it is starting to knock like mad, and driving me mad !
Its the small bumps that make it knock, the bigs ones seem to have little effect.
Taking it in to the dealer on Wednesday so they can look at it, but i fear it will be ARB bushes and the software update that is often mentioned on here.

So how anoyed should i be ?
So i kick up a fuss and demand that they fix it FOC as it is a latent defect ?
Or just suffer in silence and pay the bill ?

Andrew Andrew
-----------------------
RRS HSE Lux 2011, Black and all the toys.
RRS HSE 07 TDV6, Black, Privicy Glass, Sunroof, DVD, light guards, side steps - Gone
Freelanders TD4 - Gone
Discovery TD3 - Gone
Army Lightweight - 2.5 - Gone but not forgotten
Range Rover Classic - Gone
110 County - Gone
90 Safari - Gone
Series 2A - Gone

Post #300389 Mon May 23 2011 1:19pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Before reading this thread, I had noticed a slight knock/thump from the front suspension on my 58 TDV8 with 29k, at slow speeds over pot holes/poor road services. Having had a D3 before, this was a bit suprising. It's not appalling, but have L/R arrived at a permanent fix yet? If so, I would have thought a recall would have occurred. The thread has has gone a bit quiet....so is there a final solution - or have you all packed in?!

Post #306856 Wed Jul 20 2011 11:06pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I believe there are new brackets for the front AR bushes due out shortly _ check with your dealer.

Post #306905 Thu Jul 21 2011 5:39pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I believe there are new brackets for the front AR bushes due out shortly _ check with your dealer.

Post #306906 Thu Jul 21 2011 5:39pm
911-RRS

United Kingdom 
Looking at buying a RRS TDV8 - But has there been a fix??

Hi Guys/girls,

I sold my 911 C4S CAb last night and seriously looking at a RRS TDV8 2007/2008. I've had a porsche Cayenne Turbo before - Great car but it was just too thirsty and hated the Turbo lag.

I like the presence of the RRS, the power once remapped and the fact I can put two huge German dogs in the back.!

The only thing putting me off is the Suspension issues here - I know it is a long running post but has there been a fix either by independants or LR Dealers?

James

Ps if the issues an be rectified has anyone got a RRS TDV8 in Silver with sunroof, side steps & 20" wheels for sale? Budget £26k

Post #306966 Fri Jul 22 2011 9:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 27 of 32 <123 ... 262728 ... 303132>