RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > [FAQ] WARNING - DOES YOUR FRONT SUSPENSION KNOCK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 26 of 32 <123 ... 252627 ... 303132>

ontheridge

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Should I expect to see the mass absorber fitted to my Jan 2010 built RRS S/C.

Anyone with a similar build, if you can confirm one way or the other.

Cheers MY2010 RRS 5.0L S/C - finally has arrived, out with turbo lag, in with the neck breaking V8!!!
Santorini Black, Ebony & Contrast Stitch, Black Grand Lacquer Trims, Sunroof, Tint, Tow-Pack.

"06 D3 TDV6 - now with the wife"
"07 Malibu Responce LXI 340hp - ski boat"
"08 BMW F800GS - adventure bike"
"09 KTM 400EXC - trail bike"

Post #263602 Tue Apr 20 2010 11:25am
Micrometer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

No you wont have them fitted.

I believe they weren't fitted at Solihull until the second week of Feb - ask the dealer to fit them prior to picking the car up. Trust me, i'm an Engineer!

Post #264591 Thu Apr 29 2010 10:54am
Hulmey14

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

You guys have got me really worried, I'm new to the forum and to RRS. Im due to take delivery of a 13000mile RRS 2.7TDV6 next Monday . Im reading these posts and know the minute the wife drives it and hears a knocking noise she will be knocking my b Censored cks together. Ive tried for two years to convince her to get rid of the M5 and she has finally come round . The last thing I need is for her to start driving her new car and she hears a knocking noise. especially as its coming up from Saxton4 x4 in london and I haven't seen it yet. It has full LRSH , if it has had problems and been in a dealership would I be able to find out before its delivered. Its still under warranty and Ive managed to get a 12month extension as part of the deal so that might work in my favour . any ideas on what i should do would be appreciate .

Post #266220 Sun May 16 2010 1:42pm
SR71

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Knocking....

First post so go easy on the newbie....

Mr. Green

I'm curious as to the latest with this issue as someone who has just purchased (holding deposit) a MY08 TDV6 HSE.

Is there any idea as to what percentage of vehicles are afflicted by the matter? I count at least 7 TB's on the LR TOPiX website that deal with the matter...

I'm hoping the car is a good one but the ownership experience has, to some extent, been spoilt already by the worry.

I was intrigued to discover on phoning LR UK yesterday in an attempt to discover what warranty work has been done on the vehicle in the last 2 years to discover they cannot tell me that information.

Apparently unlike Audi who I have dealt with when the RS4 has needed the odd item covered under warranty, there is no central computer with this information on it. Is that correct?

Thus, in an attempt to discover whether the vehicle has been in and out of a dealership over the last 2 years with Dynamic Response faults, I am reduced to a situation where I have to trust the dealer's response, someone who has a huge vested interest in selling me the vehicle.

In addition, if the dealership has not been the one servicing the car in the past, it appears there is no way for me to track down the history of the vehicle?

The service history appears fine, the previous owner bought another RRS, and there is 12 months of OEM warranty left on the vehicle so am I worried unnecessarily?

Thanks for any advice.

Post #274190 Wed Aug 18 2010 10:37pm
Benidorm Mick

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
IT'S COMING BACK :(

Hey guys. Had all the stuff done to the front and rear back in April. Dampers, mass absorber, anti roll bar bushed, the lot. Cars done about 5k since then and the knock is coming back. My experience the first time tells me it will get progressively worse. Anyone else had this or having the same problem??? Crying or Very sad

Post #274206 Thu Aug 19 2010 8:59am
AudiRoyal

Czech Republic 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black
Re: IT'S COMING BACK :(

Benidorm Mick wrote:
Hey guys. Had all the stuff done to the front and rear back in April. Dampers, mass absorber, anti roll bar bushed, the lot. Cars done about 5k since then and the knock is coming back. My experience the first time tells me it will get progressively worse. Anyone else had this or having the same problem??? Crying or Very sad

I have two RRS:

1.) RRS, 2008, TDV8 - after 4k i had a problem with knocking. I was going for the service until I made 60k almost every 5-7k. I sold the car in the end.

2) RRS, 2010, TDV6 - after 11k i had a problem with knocking. They fixed it, now I have 19k and no problems. I really don't know what they fixed.

However, I can say that 2010 is a much much much better car than 2008. Now, I am thinking of getting 2010 supercharged, my friend has one with 15k and zero problems, it never knocked.

Navigation and bluetooth are a little bit some times, not an a major issue though.

I used to hate this car after my TDV8, now I again love the car.

Post #277036 Thu Sep 30 2010 4:24pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Mine knocks but is three and a bit years old and 37k mileage.

Is it even worth asking them.

Decided this year I will give service and MOT to local garage.

My last LR service was an absolute shambles.

Bill included a free wash!!! Looked for my car but was not there.

Rolling Eyes Not only had it not been washed it had failed it's MOT and they were clueless. Car was still at MOT station and filthy dirty Big Cry  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #277055 Thu Sep 30 2010 8:37pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Oh how I don't miss this puppy...........and relax Mr. Green L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #277070 Thu Sep 30 2010 10:51pm
AZIZBBU

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

MINE KNOCKS Sad

Only realised mine knocks when i went down a country lane that went from tarmac to country lane.
Raised the suspension because the wheel tracks were deep and didnt want to leave impressions of the motors undercarraige in the lane.

Then the road levelled up a bit and we started rocking all over the place, all i could here was thump thupm of the suspension.

Then when driving slowly back home on tarmac turning into my road and the freakin suspension squeaks like when my mate opens his wallet when buying a round of drinks. Crying or Very sad

So annoying because all i want to hear at this time is the vroom of the V8.

The mistress is on a 58 plate so have approx 11 months warranty left.

Any advice given will be appreciated to sort this problem out Thumbs Up TDV8 HST STORNOWAY ON A 58
Full Alpine multimedia install
Road Angel Pro
PS3

Post #278544 Sat Oct 23 2010 1:14pm
HTB

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Two weeks into owning a 59 TDV6 and the car was squeaking like a pram and knocking.

Took it back the dealer last week, pointed out the issue, the technical updates and my thoughts on tie rod ends, roll bar bushes etc. (for what it was worth). All replaced and mass damper fixed under warranty.

if your car is doing it, get it in to the dealer!

Post #279505 Thu Nov 04 2010 8:14pm
AZIZBBU

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

Hi HTB,

Did the repairs done to the RRS work?
How long did the dealers keep the RRS?

Cheers,

AZIZBBU TDV8 HST STORNOWAY ON A 58
Full Alpine multimedia install
Road Angel Pro
PS3

Post #279506 Thu Nov 04 2010 8:19pm
Vadim

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I think I can hear a very slight knocking sound but only in the morning, after the car's been stationary for a long time. I noticed it since the colder weather. However, it disappears for the rest of the day after a 10 min drive... Not sure what that it could be... Vadim A.

Post #279862 Tue Nov 09 2010 9:35pm
Valleyforge

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Knocks like mad, then seems to quieten down after a few miles. Getting worse so must get looked at before extended warranty runs out next Jan.

Now - question - how does this ARC thing actually work ? ie the bit that lets the suspension fully articulate in low ratio / rock climb (easy on a D2 - you could see all the workings ...) - but locks up to give a solid roll bar for road work ?

Is it that bit that clunks away ? Looking at the ARB bushes there's no sign of wear or movement.

2006 HSE with DSC.

Interesting to see the TSB detail - 4 hours + high cost of parts !

Cheers
Tony D2 - D3- RRS onwards & upwards !

Post #280471 Wed Nov 17 2010 1:50pm
Vadim

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I see, so when a car develops suspension knock it begins knocking slightly, but calms down after few miles each time you drive it. But it gets much worse over time?

This is exactly what I might have, I can hear it knocking slightly, but it goes away after 5-6 miles drive. The problem is the knocking noise is just a tiny one at the moment and I 'm afraid the dealers will not hear it when testing at this stage. I think I might have to wait for it to develop further? Vadim A.

Post #280493 Wed Nov 17 2010 7:43pm
dmmoorhouse

Hi,

Just thought I would chip in. I am running a 2008 TDV8 which had the full monty done on the front end 6 weeks after I bought it - with about 18k miles on it. I have had the same experience as benidorn mick, its just been back in again on 25K miles to have more front knocking sorting out again.

For my two pence, am not that bothered while i am in warranty, but I am not sure I want it after its warranty runs out!

Post #282093 Mon Dec 06 2010 1:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 26 of 32 <123 ... 252627 ... 303132>