RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 6 months warranty to go !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

buster11

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
6 months warranty to go !

Just bought a lovely TDV8 Bonatti Grey and delighted with it, Thumbs Up but I have a few questions which might help me.

The car has 23k on it, the last owner who is well known to me is very fastidious, but it was last serviced 5 months ago. I want to get it to the dealer before the warranty runs out and sort out any niggles / check that any recall works have been done. Milestone

I have heard knocking noises when driving the car which seem erratic, i.e. you expect one when you go over a speed hump, but it dosent happen, it seems to be more general road bumps. I have read on this forum that there is a fix for this, how do I describe it to the dealer - or do I just mention the knocking ? Also I have a worn leather seat, which has been casued by entry to the car, I expect it is quite normal, but how do dealers deal with this under warranty - is it considered 'fair wear and tear' or will they look to do something about it ?

Apart from these minor niggles, I absolutely love it, but would be grateful on any advice on what I should be checking has been completed under normal warranty work.

Post #251942 Tue Jan 26 2010 1:29am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

contact a dealer's service manager and explain that you have just bought the car and want it checked over and instruct them to check all the TSB's and updates have been done, and tell them you especially are concerned there may be a problem with the suspension and especially that you suspect the bushes are worn out.................... he might not like it as he didn't sell you the car but the warranty is Europe-wide so there isn't a lot he can do about it! If you can bear to get the car up to London then Lookers Park Royal's service is very good, but you must tell them you are a member of this forum and what your forum name is. Are you sure that your car is Bonatti Grey? 2007MY TDV8's I'm sure were Stornoway Grey not Bonatti. You can check by opening the bonnet and looking on the left side of the radiator on the stick on VIN plate which also has the paint code on it 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #251943 Tue Jan 26 2010 2:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
buster11

Thanks for the reply Tim, I do seem to recall reading something about suspension and thats confirmed my thoughts. I did pop into my local RR dealer today, but alas they were too busy to come out on a road test, so I will go down that route with them. I dont get up to London very often, but thanks for the tip.

Couldnt find a Stornorway Grey on the icons, so settled for the next best !! Very Happy

Post #252019 Tue Jan 26 2010 6:53pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Also re your seat query - some on here have had the seat squab (i think it is) replaced under warranty - at 23K more than reasonable request....

Thumbs Up

Post #252022 Tue Jan 26 2010 7:08pm
buster11

Thanks again for the info on the seat.

In respect of the bushes, if they are worn then presumably these can easily be replaced under warranty. However it begs the question - were these a recognised fault and have now been replaced with an item of superior quality or design which will endure for a reasonable time, or is this likely to become a 'regular' service item that might need replacing ?

if so what are the likely costs of replacement in the future ?

Dont get me wrong, I am quite prepared to spend money, as my existing cars and previous were hardly cheap to maintain, but its just nice to know what your getting into !

Post #252097 Tue Jan 26 2010 11:27pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

there is a huge amount about the bushes problem in the technical section IIRC there is what LR call a TSB about them. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #252099 Tue Jan 26 2010 11:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
buster11

Oops Embarassed

Must have missed that bit, i'll get reading ! thx

Post #252103 Wed Jan 27 2010 12:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1