RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Impressions of 2010 Supercharged compared to previous model
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

949BFN

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Embarassed 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #246738 Fri Dec 25 2009 1:32pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Wow think i will stick to the diesel!!!!!

Post #246744 Fri Dec 25 2009 5:53pm
949BFN

Do NOT take the S/C for a test drive then. 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #246745 Fri Dec 25 2009 6:44pm
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Nice comments though not really encouraging to move from 2007 supercharged to 2010 any else has some positive comments 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST Silver

SOLD-V8 Defender 90

Post #247032 Tue Dec 29 2009 1:12pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

sportman wrote:
Nice comments though not really encouraging to move from 2007 supercharged to 2010 any else has some positive comments

Out of interest which comments are putting you off? The fact the car is so fast its uncomfortable for passengers? I think the interior is a huge step forward, that engine sounds fantastic and none of the comments has put me off the car at all. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #247051 Tue Dec 29 2009 2:39pm
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

RichardM wrote:
sportman wrote:
Nice comments though not really encouraging to move from 2007 supercharged to 2010 any else has some positive comments

Out of interest which comments are putting you off? The fact the car is so fast its uncomfortable for passengers? I think the interior is a huge step forward, that engine sounds fantastic and none of the comments has put me off the car at all.

I have gone from the TDV8 to the SC... on a 70mp CC run 24mpg was the average, yes if you want fast, fast, fast mpg will drop to 14ish... but then you are taking Porsche Carrera 4 specs (I have a friend who only gets 15ish with 0-62 in 5.1)..... Whistle if you want sapce take a look at the M5 touring;
M5 Touring £67,905 Petrol 35% 348 19.3 507 4.8

If you drive miles and miles then stick with a deisel.... if not SC all the way Thumbs Up

Or if you want to go crazy, for £97k buy yhr Audi Q7 V12 diesel with almost the same performance as the SC with a combined mpg of 11.3 Shocked GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #247052 Tue Dec 29 2009 3:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Regarding the "controversial" MPH - KM/H digital speed display on the lower right corner of the TFT display: Does it show by default on European cars or does it need to be enabled through a menu in the user settings? Apparently that information is missing from the display of North American cars (only the selected gear is shown on the opposite corner), and over on the US forum we are all trying to figure out why? Laughing

PS: I don't own a 2010, just trying to get information for some US owners. 

Post #247214 Wed Dec 30 2009 10:30pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

really good review

im thinking TDV8 next Laughing

Post #247215 Wed Dec 30 2009 10:41pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

umbertob wrote:
Regarding the "controversial" MPH - KM/H digital speed display on the lower right corner of the TFT display: Does it show by default on European cars or does it need to be enabled through a menu in the user settings? Apparently that information is missing from the display of North American cars (only the selected gear is shown on the opposite corner), and over on the US forum we are all trying to figure out why? Laughing

PS: I don't own a 2010, just trying to get information for some US owners.

Mine shows the digital MPH all the time and I've not seen any option to enable/disable it. I can switch it to KMH though. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #247216 Wed Dec 30 2009 10:54pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Thanks Richard, must be the same reason why in North America we cannot operate the satnav with the car in motion, why we can remotely open the windows of a MY2010 - but not close them... Rolling Eyes 

Post #247218 Wed Dec 30 2009 11:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

because you have too many idiots who employ lawyers to sue Umbertob - potential for product liability cases scares the bejesus out of European companies! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #247221 Wed Dec 30 2009 11:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
949BFN

“So summarise: Currently the ridiculously powerful and awesome sounding V8 is the star of the show, but I’m concerned that once we get used to that, the lasting and overwhelming experience is going to be the noisy / knocking suspension and road noise / harshness in the road surfaces that is being transferred to the steering wheel and cabin. I’m actually convinced that on long trips and in day to day use, those aspects will become very annoying and the cause of lots of fatigue.”
I’ve now done almost 9,000km with my vehicle and think I’m more in love with the engine than the day I took delivery. This is one awesome vehicle. The engine is so powerful, one doesn’t get used to it as initially feared. I’m used to the direct steering by now and have grown to like it. The ACC on the 2010 model is definitely an improvement – much more gentle, reducing speed more gradually compared to the previous model and very seldom breaking for no reason.
I still having a hard time getting Land Rover to enable the “Destination on the Move” input and still believe it is a ridiculous “feature”, taking into consideration that we can use other similar (or more) distracting functions like searching the address book of your mobile phone, or looking up a song on the iPod. And what makes it more stupid is that we don’t even have the extensive liability law suits the Americans are used to.
I’m also still believe that you cannot have an integrated Navigation/Radio system like we have on the new model, without the navigation instructions being replicated somewhere, e.g. between the speedometer and the tacho, for the simple reason that none of the other functions can be used without losing visual navigation instructions.
I’ve only had one issue with the car so far – the problem of the back windows opening themselves when the auto close function is used. It was rectified by the dealer. Oh yes, and the not-of-much use light in the loading area stopped working (Took me a while to notice, which says it all), which issue was also fixed when the dealer sorted the windows. During this weekend, the navigation changed after a refuelling stop to imperial units (from metric) and it took me a while to figure that one out. The “Units” setting in the vehicle setup (displayed in the speedometer cluster), was still set to “km; l/100km”. After changing it to “miles; mpg”, closing the setup display and then changing it back to “km; l/100km”, all values returned to metric again (even in case of the navigation) and have stayed like that since.
I believe my ownership experience is best described by the following: I did a 2,000 km round trip this past weekend, which I have to do again in two weeks. I had to decide on my return whether I’ll be doing the trip in two weeks in the RRS, or in my Audi A8. I immediately had at least 3 reasons why I have to do it in the RRS (all very superficial reasons). My A8 has only left my garage once since I took delivery of the RRS (and remember, I traded a 2007 RRS S/C on the 2010 model), and that was the day the RRS went to the dealer to sort the rear windows issue. I am going to sell the A8, since its gathering dust (and at the same time losing value like a Boeing 747 loses altitude with all 4 engines quiet). 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #262831 Mon Apr 12 2010 7:33pm
ontheridge

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Picking up the 2010 S/C 3pm tomorrow, looking forward to comparing notes and having the awesome V8 sound ringing in my ears. Razz MY2010 RRS 5.0L S/C - finally has arrived, out with turbo lag, in with the neck breaking V8!!!
Santorini Black, Ebony & Contrast Stitch, Black Grand Lacquer Trims, Sunroof, Tint, Tow-Pack.

"06 D3 TDV6 - now with the wife"
"07 Malibu Responce LXI 340hp - ski boat"
"08 BMW F800GS - adventure bike"
"09 KTM 400EXC - trail bike"

Post #262965 Wed Apr 14 2010 12:05pm
949BFN

Coming from a diesel, you are going to be overwhelmed! Congratulations in the meantime. 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #262991 Wed Apr 14 2010 5:37pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Great review Bow down Bow down

Putting all that positivity to one side, you failed to mention the lack of whine from the once great supercharger Big Cry Big Cry Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #262995 Wed Apr 14 2010 6:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>