RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > what a difference AVOIDING STRATSTONES+GOING 2 LOOKERS MAKES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
what a difference AVOIDING STRATSTONES+GOING 2 LOOKERS MAKES

Usual setup.. things are wrong with the car (very bad creaking/squeaking over bumps and the starter motor works only intermittently).. usually I would have taken the car to Stratstones (East London or Newport South Wales), had some numpty on the phone making excuses as to how the issues are characteristic of the car and not covered by warranty, followed by... oh... another 12 or 13 visits back and forth (because it's so pleasurable wasting my time doing it.. it's not as if i NEED MY CAR after all) repeating the same bullshit phonecall exercise before they finally capitulate and fix the problem (usually after I rope in the dealer principal and some heavy weights from Landrover)... while getting f*cked for a 'courtesy car' charge, £20 for screenwash top up and my missus scared half to death with a "oh your brakes are so worn you will die so you must replace them NOW" scare tactic....

But time for a change.. let's go to Looker's Park Royal (formally Charles Hurst). SPEAK TO JAMES (Sales) AND WAYNE (Service) ***ONCE*** TO EXPLAIN THE PROBLEMS. Leave vehicle. 2 days later - problems solved. No lame excuses or half arsed 'characteristic' fob-off. No to-and-fro with the warranty eligibility or not. Just smart, quick service with a highly commendable attention to detail and professional attitude. Kind of like the "service" we all got when parting with the £50-60k to buy our vehicles in the first place, but EVEN BETTER (you know.. before we then got treated like c*nts by our respective dealers.. esp Stratstones.. who almost universally go out of their way to avoid being helpful in any way, shape or form, esp if there's no money in it for them).

SO REFRESHING. THANK YOU LOOKERS. YOU NOW HAVE MY FUTURE CUSTOM HOOK LINE AND SINKER!! It's not rocket science..... Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Post #263007 Wed Apr 14 2010 7:18pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Mate, they are incredible....as good as it gets by a long way...... Thumbs Up

James is the FF in FFRR it has to be known.... Laughing He is King mate, best bloke in the land of LR Thumbs Up

Post #263009 Wed Apr 14 2010 7:25pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

it's a very powerful thing good service. Yes it's frustrating that things go wrong in the first place, but that is part of the reason we buy new, because the warranty covers such events. Then the path goes one of two ways - either the warranty is honoured without fuss, and other than the small inconvenience while the problems are fixed, faith is generally restored and you feel good about the car again. You know like that feeling when the turbos come online in the TDV8 as you roar up the motorway slip road!

The other way the path can go is that you get an arsehole like Stratstones ABC who drag their feet and more or less go out of their way to be A BALLACHE. This multiplies the original feeling of frustration and hard-done-by-ness and makes you feel crap about the car/brand. Like you feel when you hear the suspension knock for the 1000th time.

Lookers have restored faith 200%. They remind me of Bell & Colvill when I used to own Lotus's.

Top of the class!

p.s.
no comment on James FF ness!! Cool

Post #263014 Wed Apr 14 2010 7:44pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Might have to look in to a cruise back down to LookersPR, first service due in couple of months

But by the time I have taken the Mrs shopping it might be the biggest mistake ever Rolling Eyes

Post #263020 Wed Apr 14 2010 8:32pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Pinks....Poundland costs the same down here as it does up there mate!!! Laughing

Post #263022 Wed Apr 14 2010 8:41pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Laughing but I don't need anymore plastic storage boxes so I'll have to take her to Next instead

Post #263023 Wed Apr 14 2010 8:45pm
Lookers Park Royal

Thanks for the note RRSBoy, we like to try to be as helpful as we can. It is generally more productive to look for reasons to assist as opposed to look for reasons not to. Thumbs Up

I'm almost flattered by my friend NickM in a back-handed-compliment kind of way! I'll see what I can find to leave in your boot next time the cleanest RRS in the land visits us! Whistle

NPinks, it would be good to meet you if you fancy coming to 'the smoke' when the FL2's service is due. I can reccomended Westfield Shopping Centre which recently opened near us. It's a very posh version of Lakeside. I think it's where NickM got his LV Manbag! Confused

Cheers guys Embarassed

James Thumbs Up

Post #263033 Wed Apr 14 2010 11:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NickM

United Kingdom 

Indeed, it was from LV there! Laughing

Westfields is great - and it has the best Vue cinema in the land too - they have 3 luxury cinemas, not cheap, tickets about £17 each, but leather recliners, bar, tables etc....

Shops are great, and fabulous places to eat too....

Biggest Prada and Louis Vuitton shops, outside of Bond St too....

Post #263049 Thu Apr 15 2010 6:37am
Jonty

Location: Sat with my head in my hands wondering what the hell I'm doing

United Kingdom 

@ NickM, you're sounding scarily like SP Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Current: I can't say...Oh the Shame!
Gone: 2003 Audi S4 - 340BHP of Fun Smile
Gone: 2005 RRS SE, Silver, Chrome Mirrors, Tinted with a stupid spare wheel!
Gone: Audi A4 2.5 TDi Quattro 180bhp
Gone: BMW 535i
Gone: 1985 Audi Quattro Sad Sad
Gone: Subaru Imprezza Turbo (rubbish)

Post #263058 Thu Apr 15 2010 9:08am
NickM

United Kingdom 

How very dare you!!!!!!!!! So I like shopping.....can't help it........ Big Cry

Post #263064 Thu Apr 15 2010 10:15am
NickM

United Kingdom 

I can imagine SP wearing skinny jeans and Ugg Boots too......how's that for a Sexy Pauly thought.....

Post #263065 Thu Apr 15 2010 10:16am
Jonty

Location: Sat with my head in my hands wondering what the hell I'm doing

United Kingdom 

Shocked

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Current: I can't say...Oh the Shame!
Gone: 2003 Audi S4 - 340BHP of Fun Smile
Gone: 2005 RRS SE, Silver, Chrome Mirrors, Tinted with a stupid spare wheel!
Gone: Audi A4 2.5 TDi Quattro 180bhp
Gone: BMW 535i
Gone: 1985 Audi Quattro Sad Sad
Gone: Subaru Imprezza Turbo (rubbish)

Post #263066 Thu Apr 15 2010 10:24am
MJF

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

RRSBOY,

Sorry to hear about your issues with Stratstones. I have had the exact same Censored from them at Stratstones Burnham (See my comments in Dealer feedback) my friend who has a BMW also used to use Stratstones BMW and also got Censored service from them.. Seems like its a running theme with CRAPSTONE'S across the board.

On a possitive note im glad that people speak highly of Looks Park Royal. Either all there friends and employees are on this site BIG'iN them up or there actually good. either way think I will try them next time im in need.

bye bye Crapstone's and your not getting anymore of my money!!

M

Post #263073 Thu Apr 15 2010 12:03pm
Lookers Park Royal

MJF,

I can assure you that any comments other than those from Lookers Park Royal are genuine customers (good or bad). When we signed up for the forum our team were asked not to set up accounts to ensure correct information and continuity. So, just the one sign-on which is this one. Thumbs Up

Hopefully we will see you in the future. Question

Regards,

James Thumbs Up

Post #263074 Thu Apr 15 2010 12:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MJF

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

James,

I have no doubt that they are genuine comments from happy customers, and I look forward to haveing dealing with you guys..

Regards

M

Post #263075 Thu Apr 15 2010 12:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>