RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > MY09 RRS In For Service Tomorrow!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
MY09 RRS In For Service Tomorrow!!

Hello Boys and Girls,

The RRS TDV6 is in for first service tomorrow - mileage 11,850 and bang on 12 months old. Sad

Me and the stealer principal have had strong words prior to today regarding poor reliability on a brand new RRS TDV6 and D3 TDV6 ……………………. they are waiting for me (sort of in the Coventry area)! Shocked

Will be using lots of please and thank you of course but………….. for the shopping list we have:

1) The suspension banging noise is back after behaving (reasonably) for 6 months. Just driving in a straight line with no steering input by just going over drain covers and pot holes etc. thump, bang, wallop. Very very really sad. Crying or Very sad Will get lots of bull Censored about it being a characteristic and nothing we can do. Evil or Very Mad

Anyone have the latest TB references I can throw at them for this – I seemed to recall there was a new one very recently?

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Oops, Thanks to Bobby. Bow down It is here.......

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...vement.pdf

Printed and ready to go.

2) Front drivers seat moving again on acceleration and braking (gets to be a bit more each week). We had a new seat 9 months ago. Receptionist states we have stopped changing seat mechanisms as LR report it has not solved (the long term) problem. We are waiting for a new resolve? Does this mean they will do diddly squat about this tomorrow. Sounds like it. Evil or Very Mad Anyone else had this (recently)?

That’s about it really.

Not sure if the recalls for the fuel pump and braking servo apply to us but shall ask anyway. Question

Service is one of those prepaid thingies that was bought with the car. Fiver states they will try and change the brake pads for no good reason because they did on the Disco and it turns out they were like new (big apology, our mistake, standard question - yeh yeh). Yawn

Long day coming up me'thinks. Wouldn't it be nice to think the car was going to be serviced, have a cup of coffee, look at the new models, chat to people...................... instead dreading the very experience! Something wrong here.

Oh well!! Smoke me a kipper: I'll be back for breakfast.

RRS HSE TDV6 gone after 15 months since new - will not be missed I'm afraid - bit of a gremlin in there somewhere - too many issues. Replaced with FFRR Vogue TDV8 - very nice - not as sporty (of course) but absolute luxury.

Post #241693 Mon Nov 02 2009 10:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tash

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Mines an 08 58 and has been in since Monday last week for the drivers seat moving which has been done? dont know what fix it will be and also for what I felt was a drive line knock when at low speed and accelerating away, it was explained as the dynamic response ballast? again unsure on this.

Mine has 13k miles so similar mileage and age vehicle, have read they where changing the seat runners but now just adjust the seat so it is out of line to stop it moving, so unsure really what they will be doing or are doing now.

Cars only been so long because of some paint work that needed doing missed on the PDI (bought car used).

Car has also had the recalls done

Post #241780 Mon Nov 02 2009 10:41pm
Kilovolt

Apparently if you walk into the dealership with the latest supsension thingy TSB dated October 2009 (like I did this morning) that makes you "look like" enemy number one Shocked How do you know about that already kinda look Cool but not a word said (by anyone) Confused

Added to job sheet Thumbs Up

Noticed brake recall on job sheet Smile Smoke me a kipper: I'll be back for breakfast.

RRS HSE TDV6 gone after 15 months since new - will not be missed I'm afraid - bit of a gremlin in there somewhere - too many issues. Replaced with FFRR Vogue TDV8 - very nice - not as sporty (of course) but absolute luxury.

Post #241822 Tue Nov 03 2009 1:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

You're enemy number 1 because they realise they can't give you BS when it comes to the bill! Thumbs Up 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #241824 Tue Nov 03 2009 1:12pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

How much would a first service normally cost on a sport TDV6?

Post #241864 Tue Nov 03 2009 2:47pm
Alias

Switzerland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I paid 1400 swiss franks. (I think I paid to much)

Post #241865 Tue Nov 03 2009 2:49pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

RichardM wrote:
How much would a first service normally cost on a sport TDV6?

As long as we're talking about main dealers here, £350 is an average price. People have reported paying nearer £300 but that's pretty rare I would have said. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #241872 Tue Nov 03 2009 3:22pm
bananenschale

Germany 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

lr changed now 2 times my seat rail on driver side. the clinches was damaged. perhaps im to heavy for a RRS with my 85 kilograms?! btw: i have over 20000 down in 10 month Big Cry

but this seat problem is a known problem at landrover as i heard. RRS TDV8 Modelyear 2009 with some modifications.

Post #241921 Tue Nov 03 2009 7:19pm
Kilovolt

Just got the car back (an hour ago).

Service done.

Fuel mod recall inspection done (outcome unknown). Question

Vacuum brake recall inspection done (outcome unknown). Question

Driver's seat has had a "new" mod applied but they are not sure of its effectiveness Question Question So why change it? Her indoors drove home and she has no command of the Brembos to test it - I will have a go later using special braking method Twisted Evil I weigh a lot more than 85kgs Big Cry

New TB for suspension knocking on back order. Not expected to have parts until December Shocked There has been a huge uptake on this. We will be re-called to make this happen in 4 to 6 weeks time Rolling Eyes

Car washed to usual standard using a special method to move the dirt from the skirts up onto the windscreen (very clever that) Big Cry Valeting man due here Thursday (as every week). Whistle

SNAFU (as they say). Smoke me a kipper: I'll be back for breakfast.

Post #241925 Tue Nov 03 2009 7:39pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White
Re: MY09 RRS In For Service Tomorrow!!

Kilovolt wrote:
Hello Boys and Girls,

2) Front drivers seat moving again on acceleration and braking (gets to be a bit more each week). We had a new seat 9 months ago. Receptionist states we have stopped changing seat mechanisms as LR report it has not solved (the long term) problem. We are waiting for a new resolve? Does this mean they will do diddly squat about this tomorrow. Sounds like it. Evil or Very Mad Anyone else had this (recently)?

Maybe this could resolve the issue?

Take the vehicle to the dealer again and show them this!! Smile Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #241938 Tue Nov 03 2009 10:19pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

not taken my car to the dealers about this yet, but when i do this will be coming with Bow down

Post #241940 Tue Nov 03 2009 10:50pm
diamond

Greece 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Alaska White

Kilovolt wrote:

Vacuum brake recall inspection done (outcome unknown). Question

I did the recall in Germany and they have to change the hose anyway. If the inspection shows oil in the servo valve then they to change the servo also.
Check the hose that goes from the right hand side to the left hand side servo and if there is a two end hose on the right side then you have the new one.(hope it' s clear Embarassed ) 2009 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 SE, Alaska White, Almond leather, tinted windows, active rear diff, tow pack, HiICE, full spare: gone and already missed

2004 Fiat Panda 1.2 Climbing 4x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y

Post #241953 Wed Nov 04 2009 9:28am
diamond

Greece 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Alaska White
Re: MY09 RRS In For Service Tomorrow!!

Bobby wrote:
Kilovolt wrote:
Hello Boys and Girls,

Maybe this could resolve the issue?

Take the vehicle to the dealer again and show them this!! Smile

is there any specific TSB number for this one? 2009 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 SE, Alaska White, Almond leather, tinted windows, active rear diff, tow pack, HiICE, full spare: gone and already missed

2004 Fiat Panda 1.2 Climbing 4x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y

Post #241956 Wed Nov 04 2009 9:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1