RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Little Black box behind front grill
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Vogue

Laser jammer, thats got to be a bonus, I'd test it out for your own peace of mind. Got a mate with a laser pointer??

Post #232807 Thu Aug 06 2009 2:38pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

.......if it is a laser jammer that provides a nice "ERR" on Mr policeman's gun, good luck = perverting the course of justice = loss of license or worse, imprisonment Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Simply pointing a laser device at it will not tell you this, obviously. Either find out which one it is and verify it does not cause "ERR" codes (highly unlikely, only 2 on the market are capable of not doing this) or disconnect it. The garage opener story will NOT wash with pc traffic, period.

I investigated getting one of these in finite detail...............99% are not worth the risk. Mr. Green

Good luck. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #232854 Thu Aug 06 2009 5:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I'm a little surprised that a dealer would sell you a car without carrying a sufficiently thorough pre-sale check that would reveal an "accessory" that is a) illegal to use in the UK,(but not to own!) b) that you could claim against them for not having pointed it out to you had you been stopped at a police roadside check. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #232855 Thu Aug 06 2009 5:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Tim,

first post here, so apologies have been lurking for a very long time. The info on here has been invaluable in my two years of RRS ownership, so a big thank you.
Anyway, having bought my RRS used from this dealer, it wouldn't surprise me if Asim had found an Alligator in the boot let alone a jammer fitted to his car. Evil or Very Mad
I have had the car serviced and numerous warranty work carried out by them, and to coin a phrase, nearly drove straight through the plate glass and parked at the reception desk quite a few times, due to their attitude.
However, after numerous discussions with the Service Manager, DP, Pendragon HO(Stratstone owner) and LRCS, they have done a complete turnaround.
They can't now do enough for me, and seem quite professional. I would now recommend them. Thumbs Up
They had a shocking rep previously, as noted on here, and well deserved.
Anyway Hello to All. Thumbs Up
Cheers

Post #232860 Thu Aug 06 2009 5:33pm
Tim in Scotland

Welcome aboard iSlider, I hope you enjoy some of the less serious stuff on here too! Good to hear as well that a dealer might have had their shortcomings pointed out to them and that they have sat up and taken notice! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #232864 Thu Aug 06 2009 5:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Asim

Tim,

You raise an interesting point there! I think I will phone the dealer from who I bought the car, and ask them if they knew the laser jammer was already in there, and if so, why they did not point it out?

I have no intention of using this device whatsoever, so I am going to look to get the dealer to diconnect the thing!

Asim RRS Supercharged!!!!

Post #232950 Fri Aug 07 2009 1:55pm
islider

Cheers Tim,

have enjoyed a lot of the funnies on here also, about my level alot of it.

Post #232952 Fri Aug 07 2009 2:00pm
Asim

The dealer is v v keen for me to have this gadget removed...they are arranging this as i write!!! Whistle RRS Supercharged!!!!

Post #232955 Fri Aug 07 2009 2:09pm
islider

Asim

good to hear.
As I said earlier, Stratstones Woodford had their problems previously. But now can't do enough for me, I'd recommend sticking with them for any service and warranty work.
Just make sure you check the car over before leaving. They have a habit of leaving tools in the car, and towbar missing! Thumbs Up

Post #232956 Fri Aug 07 2009 2:14pm
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Very Happy Great thing about Texas is that Radar jammers and detectors are quite legal, but the cops carry guns, lack personalities and im sure make $$$ with some footage for all those Police Camera Action TV shows Rolling with laughter Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #232984 Fri Aug 07 2009 9:23pm
Tim in Scotland

Asim wrote:
The dealer is v v keen for me to have this gadget removed...they are arranging this as i write!!! Whistle

If the car is LR Approved Used, then by implication so is the laser jammer Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #232985 Fri Aug 07 2009 9:38pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

ayates wrote:
Very Happy Great thing about Texas is that Radar jammers and detectors are quite legal

FYI: Radar / LIDAR detectors and laser jammers are legal in Texas alright, but radar jammers (those that work, anyway) are regulated by the FCC, and they banned their sale or use in all 50 states over 10 years ago, making it a felony if you are caught with one interfering with a police radar gun. Although only a handful of US states specifically ban them, you can still go to jail or face big fines regardless, since their use is considered a Federal offense. http://www.radarjammer.com/its-a-felony/fcc-jammer-ban.htm 

Post #232987 Fri Aug 07 2009 10:15pm
ayates

Well I guess if they dont get you left they will get you right Rolling Eyes ..... so much for the land of the free. My problem is that i Censored all the locals off by driving the speed limit anyway.... if you have been to Houston you know that they have no sense when it comes to road rules. I have a big GB sticker on the back but sure they all think it stands for Grumpy B'strd Rolling with laughter

Only have a detector anyway and it needs upgrading for the new frequencies and systems Mr Plod is using round these parts Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #233014 Sat Aug 08 2009 4:47pm
ayates

I wonder if you made a Stealthy Car from the right materials that would be a no no also ? .... must be a boys book of invisability in the book store im sure Laughing Brit across the Pond Wink

Post #233015 Sat Aug 08 2009 4:52pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I'm a little surprised that a dealer would sell you a car without carrying a sufficiently thorough pre-sale check that would reveal an "accessory" .

Reminds me thzt my dealer wanted to charge me a couple of hundred quid to fit the towing electrics until I pointed out to him it already had them Rolling with laughter

Post #233032 Sun Aug 09 2009 6:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>