RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Rockingham - LR experience disappointment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course and this sort of thread should show good and bad.

What is also demonstrates is how a posting can show one side of a story.

I would not be entirely unsurprised to find that both Landyman and Explorer have something more to do with the Rockingham site than simply being customers though Whistle

Now, play nicely children Rolling Eyes 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #230858 Wed Jul 15 2009 3:59pm
explorer

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Arctic Frost

I dare say that assumption comes about because i joined today and you are privy to certain information???? How wrong you can be sir

You are correct in saying one side of a posting can show one side of a story, especially when some people choose to dilute and misinform about the truth, which as proven makes others give misinformed comments?

The centre cannot obviously reply, and yes i would like to say i am a regular customer and possibly a friend, but i also wanted to show that should people are allowed the right to reply, albeit through others?

I used to be on other forums and found them full of mindless people hiding behind stupid names, making absurd comments about people who they did not know? Dont you agree? So yes i joined today after being shown the note from a friend............if that is wrong i am sorry,

If certain people had posted the truth, then it probably would not have revoked such response

We are playing nicely Laughing ...cheats and liars never prosper said confucious...The Kings Arms 12.45am 2003

Post #230864 Wed Jul 15 2009 4:38pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

AnotherSW, SP, EX-X5.........................place your bets NOW! Wink L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #230870 Wed Jul 15 2009 5:19pm
DG

United Kingdom 

I have been to Rockingham many times and the service and training have always been first class, in fact you would struggle to find such passion for the vehicles and teaching at any other LRE centre IMO Thumbs Up

I can only assume that circumstances conspired against you in not being able to drive an RRS, as happens in many cases throughout life.

There really is no need to demean the receptionist - that is very poor play and might suggest to those that don't know you that you are a stuck up Censored - which I'm sure you are not Wink

Post #230871 Wed Jul 15 2009 5:20pm
_simon_

United Kingdom 

I agree with what DG and the others have said... the team at the Rockingham, the site and facilities are first class.

Ed and Vince in particular - you could not find a more Land Rover focused family if you tried.

I too have been there many times and would highly recommend them.

Hats off to them all Thumbs Up D3 owner from the other side...

Post #230873 Wed Jul 15 2009 5:49pm
Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Update on the Rockingham experience so far. And it is very good.
I’m pleased to report that LRExperience, or someone at the experience, reads the forum. How do I know? Well on calling as arranged this morning I was informed that the MD – Vince Cobley – would contact me direct to discuss my comments in the forum. This he did at about lunch time today and it was much appreciated.
He pointed out quite correctly that I had been contacted by phone on Friday10th to confirm I would be attending, I but failed to mention this in my lead piece. The calls I detailed only related to the Monday of the arranged experience. My apologies for the omission.
He also kindly explained that the RRS was expected back from the dealers at 1030am that day. However they were let down. I fully understand this, as I said on the day. I don’t however understand why they could not have told me this between 1030 and 1300h. Hence my annoyance. Sorry, if that was unreasonable.
Lastly He informed me that my comments about the receptionist were unfair because she was very new to the position. I wholeheartedly agree and apologise again. I was not informed of this new start to the organisation. I hope she is not too upset. Good to know she takes an interest in the forum though.
Finally a big thank you to Vince for taking the trouble to call and explain that – if I had accepted the Disco - I would have been invited to return to drive the RRS……. Censored .
However he insists I return and assures me I will enjoy the experience. I’m sure he is right.
So will I go? Well NO. I thanked him and declined.
Why? The experience is now tainted for me. I felt an inconvenience. Sorry but I was very disappointed.
Would I recommend it to a friend? YES I’m sure lessons will be learned and this will not be repeated.
A friend showed me an article in LRO mag. I can’t help feeling it was the 13th to blame on my day. (Or did they know it was a reporter)
Vince assures me his staff will ensure I have a memorable experience and will be professional. I do not doubt this for a moment. After all they were – as I said – very good on the day. The admin however…….
I hope you have time to read this Vince. I think I got it right. It seems to have escalated out of proportion. A simple sorry would have been more than sufficient.
On the positive side I had a great drive to and from Rockingham. The RRS is exceeding my expectations. Just can’t stop driving the thing. First class on mororways at least.
Good Job Land Rover.

Post #230876 Wed Jul 15 2009 6:02pm
Hugh Haddow

I thank DG for his point regarding the receptionist. You may see from my last posting that she is new. I did not know this. However I assure all that I am, infact, a 'stuck up Censored ' and have friends who regularly confirm it.
I have no doubt on the question of Rockinghams staff enthusiasm and knowledge. I have not commented on that. It is the admin I question.

Post #230878 Wed Jul 15 2009 6:14pm
Hugh Haddow

Thanks for your comments Explorer. I don't doubt any of them. they seem to miss my point though - or perhaps I was not clear in my lead posting. I have no problems with the staff competance or attitude or anything else about them. I have an issue with the admin. I was noot informed of the RRS serviceability untill just before going out.....
That is my issue.
This is out of proportion now.
Obviously it was my fault - as I said to Vince.
As a mater of record I did not hang up on the staff member you were monitoring. I told him to forget it. Thanked him then terminated the call.
I do hope you can show the Staff my latest postings Explorer.
I'm delighted you and many others ave had such a great time there. I hope you continue to do so.

Post #230881 Wed Jul 15 2009 6:32pm
NeVeTaS

Re: Rockingham Experience

explorer wrote:

The first time i went to Rockingham my instructor was Ed, what a brilliant instructor and ambassador for Land Rover, when i took my wife back we had Luke (Eds brother) we found him to be polite, knowledgable and a very good instructor, and in fact we request when we go back. After speaking to him today he was deeply shocked i could see he was upset by the comments made.

Same here explorer. Luke was my instructor when I went on the experiance. Not only did that day end up in me being so impressed I bought a D3, but we remained in contact and he is now one of my closest friends. Going to Morocco with him in October and I'm counting down the days!

I also had an occasion when a booked RRS wasn't available, due to it braking down. But we went out in a FFRR and I got a voucher for another day. Which really made my day even better as I got to go in the FFRR and come back and drive the sport! Result!

Steve

Thumbs Up

Post #230886 Wed Jul 15 2009 7:03pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I had a good day out at Rockingham and was looked after and instructed well.

Funny thing is the RRS I had booked to drive was not available due to it being in the garage and took the Full Fat V8 diesel out, which was good to compare to my own.

Whilst the centre is top notch would seem their RRS might be a Friday car Rolling Eyes

Post #230903 Wed Jul 15 2009 8:47pm
Hugh Haddow

Have to make further comment to hopefully close this. Firstly may a suggest a look back at my innitial post, especially Explorer. I stated i was dissapointed at not getting out in a RRS. well of course I was dissapointed. I had been looking forward to it. I then stated I was anoyed at not being informed untill the last moment. My fault I should have read the tea leaves. I still regard this as an error on their part. but it is trivial - or it was at the time.
I in fact praised the staff. And I still do.
I believe in the right to reply hence I use my name because I will stand by what I say. I don't use a nick name and as you know, Explorer, you were there when they replyed. So well done on exasabating what was in the end a sinple request to members for assurance on Rockingham or a recomendation for an alternate.
My thanks to Tim, DG and all for understanding this from the start. And of course to Explorer for the reassurance that it is the place to go to.
So please have fun out there and forget this - it is not worth stoping driving for.

Post #230907 Wed Jul 15 2009 9:54pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Hugh - top marks for the follow up posts Thumbs Up

Post #230908 Wed Jul 15 2009 9:57pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Agreed. Thumbs Up 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #230911 Wed Jul 15 2009 10:17pm
AndrewS

England 

Thumbs Up

Post #230915 Wed Jul 15 2009 10:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hugh, if you are around on the 2nd August why not come and join the scenic drive in the southern highlands - we can find you some nice gentle routes and a lot of offroading experience between those going, to show you how the RRS works offroad. Let me know and I'll add you to the list
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic13588.html 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #230939 Thu Jul 16 2009 9:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>