RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>

lav

England 

ive spoken personally today with people in pophams office. they were the ones that told me lr owed me nothing. trading standard (consumer direct in my area) are giving lr 14 days to sort it before it goes further, and have suggested, as did my solicitor, the more publicity and bad press they get from this the more pressure will be on them and the quicker they will admit to being in the wrong and sort it. also it makes it less likely for people to be finding themselves in my position in the future. and if what i do now helps one person in the future then thats cool by me.

Post #225454 Thu May 14 2009 11:14pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

lav wrote:
...and if what i do now helps one person in the future then thats cool by me.

Even if it knocks thousands off the value of everyone else's RRS in the process?

How exactly is your action going to help anyone else, by the way?

I sincerely hope that you DO NOT get a new car out of this... I would be very surprised if Trading Standards are endorsing this childish behaviour and as a Range Rover Sport owner you certainly do not have my support.

I suspect that you will not take any notice of my comments though anyway, as, if your grammar is anything to go by, you didn't listen to anyone at school either.

Post #225456 Thu May 14 2009 11:30pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Another SW wrote:
My point was that I don't think plastering stickers all over your car is the way to go about resolving this problem... It smacks of toys out of pram and, if I worked in LR Customer Services it would not exactly endear me to you.

Considering his dilemma, I rather think that "toys out of pram" require throwing in this instance. At the end of the day, if you are getting nowhere taking the amiable approach, other options are mostly futile and are normally a bootless errand!! Different people take different approaches, balls to what the monkey on the end of the phone thinks, we ALL paid a lot of money for these cars are that dictates excellent customer services on all levels.

Another SW wrote:
You talk of respect for others, yet this is a public demonstration of the opposite in my opinion. It will offend anyone with loyalty to Land Rover and everyone else will not give a toss and just think there's another spoiled brat, with more money than sense, who's spat out his dummy...

I have many years loyalty and it does not offend me. I was willing to par take in a friendly demonstration at LR reference the dreaded knocking noise, it just so happens that "others" decided the silent approach was more applicable and it fell on its a$$e, hence why {some} of us are still suffering and the whining continues. It's not a case of "spoilt brat", it's a case of resolve the insufferable issue on my car.

Another SW wrote:
Please take the grown-up approach of Trading Standards or writing to Land Rover's Managing Director or something before you resort to these childish tactics.

If you had been on here as long as others, you would have seen that taking the TS approach or the stern letter to LR management again mostly fails. It is usually, as in the LR route, intercepted by minions who issue you with a brick wall standard letter, albeit understanding and apologetic. I have 2 here and yes, reference the knocking noise, in essence it says F Censored k off we have had our money and you are lumbered sucker, hardly the response that is going to make you forget about the issues on the car is it?

It seems only direct action is the action that LR listen too, I suggest you read this blog as to get an idea of your softly softly approach and the frustrations it brings:

http://www.haveyoursay.com/ He may be a whining old sole, but in his case only firm action worked and ultimately bad publicity.

We all have differing methodology's for resolutions, so maybe next time AnotherSW, defer a little before jumping on people and taking the high and mighty approach Rolling Eyes L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #225458 Thu May 14 2009 11:38pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

will_wonka wrote:

We all have differing methodology's for resolutions, so maybe next time AnotherSW, defer a little before jumping on people and taking the high and mighty approach Rolling Eyes

Pot... Kettle...

It might also be worthwhile remembering that you never know who you are speaking to on Internet forums Whistle

Post #225464 Thu May 14 2009 11:55pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Rolling Eyes L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #225466 Thu May 14 2009 11:56pm
lav

England 

thousands off the value of everyone elses....... what do you think im goin to do?? lol! u are funny. school, yes mate, a level english, maths and sport. didnt do uni as thought it best to get in the REAL WORLD after college, a place where some rarely seem to visit. this is a forum, not an exercise in who writes the best english. and for the record, im not petty enough to wish ill on other people because i dont agree with them, or find fault in them to try to be little them, i leave that for others to embrace. i do however sincerely hope that you never have the experience that ive had over the past months with a vehicle, or anything come to that, as being treated such a way when all you do is try your best makes you feel pretty s Censored e. cheers now

Post #225467 Thu May 14 2009 11:58pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

if you need an written english lesson, then I'm sure Jay can help Whistle

Post #225468 Fri May 15 2009 12:01am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

lav - btw, I've been following the thread and feel for your situation

Post #225469 Fri May 15 2009 12:02am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter now now, your getting as bad as AnotherSW Wink L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #225470 Fri May 15 2009 12:02am
Another SW

United Kingdom 

Kaine wrote:
if you need an written english lesson, then I'm sure Jay can help Whistle

Does he know where the [Shift] key is then? Rolling with laughter

Post #225471 Fri May 15 2009 12:04am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

condolences, it sounds like you have had right issues lav. Never mind what {some} have said, we are not all up on our high horses as will wonka said RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #225473 Fri May 15 2009 12:14am
Another SW

United Kingdom 

Seriously though, I also feel for the OP's situation, but I also feel really strongly that this is not the way to go about resolving it...

I have suffered worse problems with cars in the past myself (Mercedes-Benz, Audi, and Porsche) and got them resolved to my complete satisfaction through an adult approach and by communicating in the right way with the right people. Nobody likes a whingher and in my experience it just makes people dig their heels in... Even when it does get a resolution, it is always a reluctant one and stretches the goodwill of everyone involved.

Phoning up "popham's office" and speaking to someone who is paid to divert 'trivial' issues away from him hardly constitutes escalating this to the highest level. A formal letter may well be read by him in person, whereas a junior employee knocking on his door to discuss 'lav from Cornwall's car' is likely to result in another involuntary redundancy at Gaydon... Confused In my opinion if you can't be bothered to type a letter, you can't be that motivated to get it resolved.

Post #225475 Fri May 15 2009 12:18am
lav

England 

kaine, will, jay, thanks for the support. Thumbs Up and jay, i love boobies too. (see that, too with the correct amount of oo.) Rolling with laughter

Post #225476 Fri May 15 2009 12:19am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

lav, keep us posted Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #225477 Fri May 15 2009 12:21am
lav

England 

sw. sorry if my methods are causing you offence. i will be sending letters to the top, no two ways about it. but ive been trying the nice and polite approach since the car was two weeks old, speaking to the highest people i can all the way. but brick walls are pretty hard and my head is getting sore. desparate is probably the best way to describe the way im feeling, and having spent the money i did on a brand new car, its a way i shouldnt be feeling. you must be able to see that, and if i thought softly softly would resolve it, like ive been trying since october, then id leave it at that, but it just isnt.

Post #225479 Fri May 15 2009 12:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>