RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>

lav

England 
PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM

hi guys. good work on the site, its excellent. i bought my sport new in september, and on the occasions that its worked ive loved it. sadly, these moments have been few and far between and tomorrow it is going back to the dealer for their last chance to fix it before a refund will be chased. its got play and clonking from the steering, brakes that work as they choose, sometimes sticking on causing the pedal to push back against my foot and making the car unstopable, sat nav which sometimes comes on, sometimes dull and sometimes not at all, scratches inside and out that happened a few visits ago to the dealer which they keep 'overlooking'. it also has the drive line shunt problem (started today after i left the bmw dealer, obviously sulking) and the drivers seat has broken, again! its been in and out of the dealer on 4 occasions to have the above mentioned fixed, coming back to me slightly worse each time, if a bit cleaner, than when it went in. has anyone in this forum had any legal wranglings with land rover over refunds in the past? the dealer has agreed that if they dont fix it this time a new car or refund would be an option, but i get the feeling there are going to be walls yet to climb. id love to think they will fix or replace it easily but after over 4 months of nothing but problems my confidence is shot and my hair is gone!!!!!!!

Post #205386 Tue Jan 13 2009 9:41pm
jmm

France 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

Ouch! Call James at CHPR I'm sure he will find a solution for you to enjoy a-most of the times- perfectly enjoyable car.

Post #205392 Tue Jan 13 2009 10:10pm
lav

England 

yeah, probably time i got myself out of cornwall and up to the smoke where they work on these more often. though that is no excuse for my dealer being so bloody useless!!!!!

Post #205397 Tue Jan 13 2009 10:21pm
terrieremery

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

im in devon and havent had any problems since new 12 month ago but speaking to my dealer about upgrades/accessories they just dont seem to have had any experience .this is why i get info from this forum
which has been a lifesaver im sure all the answers wiil be here . i dont fancy your chances of a refund though good luck

Post #205446 Wed Jan 14 2009 12:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lav

England 

to be honest id rather they fixed it or replaced it. i love the car, its just annoying to have all these problems. i know what u mean about the dealers, i think down this end of the world we are end of the line and therefore dont matter. they know their defenders though!

Post #205452 Wed Jan 14 2009 1:24am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Name and shame who you are using and you may get a suggestion of someone .... a little more competent....

Post #205466 Wed Jan 14 2009 9:36am
lav

England 

riders land rover and jag in truro. and from what ive heard im not the only person to have issues with them. they are my closest dealer, an 80 mile round trip as i live near the end of cornwall.

Post #205472 Wed Jan 14 2009 10:02am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear of your problems, lav.... the service team at CHPR are aware of most of the common issues here but it's obviously a fair old trip up from Cornwall. Alternatively, you could try Yeovil LR - they have the odd dealing or two with these forums and are nearer for you. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #205473 Wed Jan 14 2009 10:08am
lav

England 

yeah thats a good shout. its being picked up today by riders again, if i get no joy out of them lr yeovil will be the next call i think. do dealers actually talk to each other as i think from reading on this forum i knw more about these cars than mine does? maybe i should tell them to call around for advice...

Post #205477 Wed Jan 14 2009 10:15am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

They may (or may not) do within the same franchise but not necessarily across franchises Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #205480 Wed Jan 14 2009 10:21am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Heard very good things about Yeovil LR. Look on our sister site disco3.co.uk to see what they have to say and who to contact. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #205481 Wed Jan 14 2009 10:29am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If the brakes are effectively faulty then this is reason alone to leave it on the forecourt and give them the keys until resolved. For you this is further a problem for your insurance - should anything happen and it be discovered that it a known prob then your insurer would step away i would have thought.

How did you buy your car?

Post #205486 Wed Jan 14 2009 10:34am
frizz

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Lav.
I had my sport for 7 months (with knocking problem).
But it took the threat of litigation before the dealer bought it back.
But it still was not a full refund because of user mileage.
As my solicitor said."Be prepared to wait for up to a year for a full refund".

Post #205586 Wed Jan 14 2009 5:09pm
lav

England 

update.
one of the management team from riders delivered my courtesy car this morning, an 08 plate vouge se tdv8. (obviously ive raised the right peoples attention). i had a long chat the the chap, went through what i expected to be done and went through the problems with him. at 5 o clock i got a phone call from him. the brakes on my car failed on him on the way back to the dealership that released it 'fault free' 5 days ago. he also found problems with the gearbox and said the steering problem was obvious for anyone who drove it to feel/hear. he couldnt believe the car had been given back to me in this state and personally promised to see the situation through to a satisfactory end, be it fixing it or a new vehicle. ive been told the vouge is mine aslong as it takes, which is nice. the most comical thing of this situation is that the dealership has recently merged with their jaguar branch, and the chap im now dealing with is actually from jaguar. its taken 4 months and someone from another marque to finally get this situation moving in the right direction..... i must admit though, i dont mind them taking a while as the vouge is an amazing machine!!!

Post #205640 Wed Jan 14 2009 7:38pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Good to hear let's hope it gets sorted this time round! RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #205653 Wed Jan 14 2009 8:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>