RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>

wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

lav wrote:
thanks mate that does help. ive been trying to find a number/ email for the md / hq of lr because id guessed im going to have to go higher to sort this, but cant find it any where. all i can find is comedy... i mean customer services...

pm inbound GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #225334 Thu May 14 2009 9:31am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lav

England 

awesome. thanks alot for that wokka. il get on it now, keep u updated later. thanks again

Post #225335 Thu May 14 2009 9:38am
BKHK

Australia 

My stealer was and is excellent. I had much the same experience as Wokka here in Australia. I now have a new 2009 car after some "assistance" from LR Australia and a payment from me. Like Wokka, my new car is a different beast entirely.

Post #225347 Thu May 14 2009 12:30pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

lav wrote:
that makes for interesting reading. have you got your refund yet. ive emailed consumer direct tonight to see where i stand, but im not holding my breath for any help.

I gave up in the end. They have put up a total brickwall and just decided to ignore me so that'll be the last Volvo that comes near here. Im a cash customer too and thats how you get treated in the current climate then it makes you think that Ford/Volvo have money to spare rather than going cap in hand to governments for bail outs. Thats VCUk now lost at least 5 customers from one bad car so whats the total their throwing away. Theyve also lost the sale of 3 new Fh trucks that have been cancelled due to this so there's another 200k theyve chucked away there. Plus any other repeat business on the truck side too. Wish I could afford to throw money away like that........... Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #225381 Thu May 14 2009 2:34pm
Whizo

thanks for the advice guys, and i know for a fact that you're right, case in point being that i was due to test drive a RRS yesterday, got ready to set off, having finally found one that had all the spec that i wanted. thought i would phone the dealer to let him know i was about to set off and would be there in about half an hour................he said that he was very sorry but he had sold the car the day before, it was only advertised for about 2 days before someone bought it, Censored .

if they were all that bad dealers would have them stock piled and not be able to sell them, so the RRS must be doing something right.

Post #225418 Thu May 14 2009 5:03pm
lav

England 

been in contact with lr hq via some numbers (thanks wokka) today. sadly the helpful people have left (gone to other companies). told the guy about my situation from start to finish, he was v sympathetic and insinuated a refund or new vehicle would be appropriate. an hour later he called back telling me that because my dealer is prepared to keep trying to fix the faults, im entitled to nothing and that they are not currently in a position to buy back/ replace.
ive done some maths. i did 2000 miles round trip of scotland in the first 2 weeks, trouble free. ever since then its been problems. ive done 1500 miles going to and from the dealer. the car has done 6400 total. knock off the scotland trip and dealer trips, that means ive been able to do less than 3000 miles in 7 months, with 9 trips to the workshop for repair. an average of 300 miles, give or take, per break down.
land rover are a joke. ive told my dealer what i think and have passed it to my solicitor and trading standards now. who the hell do they think they are to treat people that pay their wages this way.
ive ordered up some removeable graphics saying "dont buy one of these" in large letters for each side and the bonnet, which will be parked at the side of the main a30 into my town daily. a friend of a friend is motoring journalist with a national newspaper that is going to contact me tomorrow, and ive potentially got a local bbc radio station that has a show every lunch time taking on the publics consumer issues against large companies giving me an interview and assistance.
i didnt want it to end this way but ive been left no choice. im not gona be mugged any more!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #225423 Thu May 14 2009 5:42pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

You couldnt give him my details and get him on Volvo too?? Its about time these big companies realised that they have to provide service to customers, being it LR or VCUk. Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #225424 Thu May 14 2009 5:55pm
C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Thumbs Up
Best of luck lav...
Keep us please updated how you get on...

Post #225425 Thu May 14 2009 6:09pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

lav wrote:

ive ordered up some removeable graphics saying "dont buy one of these" in large letters for each side and the bonnet, which will be parked at the side of the main a30 into my town daily. a friend of a friend is motoring journalist with a national newspaper that is going to contact me tomorrow, and ive potentially got a local bbc radio station that has a show every lunch time taking on the publics consumer issues against large companies giving me an interview and assistance.
i didnt want it to end this way but ive been left no choice. im not gona be mugged any more!!!!!!!!!!!

Great, thanks a lot mate... Evil or Very Mad Do as much as you can to make it impossible for you to sell your own car, and the rest of us sell ours when the time comes... Rolling Eyes

Quite frankly, I think all you will achieve with this is to make yourself look a bit of a spoilt t Censored t throwing your toys out of the pram because it's making a funny noise or something... If you've driven it there every day, it obviously works to an extent and I don't think you'll get much sympathy from the great unwashed struggling to keep their aging Mondeos on the road... Whistle

Post #225426 Thu May 14 2009 6:15pm
C10KO

Another SW, mate I must say that I do quite agree with that bit that the car must work reasonably if you manage to drive to and from the dealer and that posting such signs on the car will only stop lav from selling it. A small knock here and there are absolutely acceptable mainly as it is a Lande.
Though I disagree with the way you disrespect the blokes working in LR. Why should he not want to help you?
Remember that he will only act as you will act to him. And if you yell at him for a reason he has nothing to do with how can you expect him to be on your side? Whistle

Post #225429 Thu May 14 2009 6:38pm
lav

England 

i have many friends who drive mondeos and the such that struggle, i run my own businesses and know what a struggle things can be, and i certainly dont look at people as the great unwashed. that maybe how you look at them but certainly dont. ive not disrespected anyone at my dealer, theyve told me their version of things and believe that the way things are to be acceptable but i dont. i told the guy today its nothing personal between me and him and his dealership, but the situation is unacceptable to me and needs to be dealt with as such, which is what my solicitor and trading standards say. it isnt knocks or noises that im worried about, turning the wheel left to right and the car not responding does worry me. at one point they sent the car back to me telling me that nothing was wrong with the brakes, 5 days later they had to replace the brake servo as while a land rover staff member was driving it they failed on him as they had on me previusly. and things like this are areacceptable? when i spend 40+k on something i expect it to be as the law states fit for purpose. i know how to treat my customers which is why we have been in business for over 30 years. if i sold goods that were this poor i wouldnt be in a position to own what i do now. the problem with this country is that people arent prepared to stand up to the bigger boys and just accept being treated as second best. well if thats how you are happy to live then fine. i dont suffer fools, nor will i be treated as one. i know of a situation with my dealer where a guy had a freelander, loads of probs, they refused to replace it. within a week of his car being covered in graphics advertising how poor it was, it was replaced and swept under the carpet. if thats what it takes then fine. i dont think publising how bad mine is will make any difference to how easy or not you find it to sell yours. if people dont stand up for themselves then they will always be walked all over. if i lose i lose, so beit. at least i will happy knowing that i tried to stand up for what is right and just, and as much as some of you will hate it, you know what im saying is right!

Post #225443 Thu May 14 2009 9:57pm
C10KO

Mate, I do completely agree whit what you are saying. What I did not agree with AnotherSW comment about guys at LR desk. Just like you, I have had problems with RRS, the car was more time on the back of a recovery truck then on the road. Fought with LR for nearly three month and at the end got the issue resolved. Car was fixed and all bills (hotel, loan cars, flights etc.) covered. But I did not do was disrespect anyone who I dealt with because he was not driving RRS. And I think that is what you were saying, isn't it?

Post #225445 Thu May 14 2009 10:31pm
lav

England 

exactly mate. just because he doesnt have a range rover doesnt make him any less of a person. everyone deserves respect unless they give you a reason to lose it. thats how i work anyway and generally it serves me well.

Post #225446 Thu May 14 2009 10:39pm
C10KO

Same here mate... Wink

Post #225449 Thu May 14 2009 10:48pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

Coko wrote:
What I did not agree with AnotherSW comment about guys at LR desk.

Excuse me, but where exactly did I say anything about the "guys at LR desk"?

My point was that I don't think plastering stickers all over your car is the way to go about resolving this problem... It smacks of toys out of pram and, if I worked in LR Customer Services it would not exactly endear me to you.

You talk of respect for others, yet this is a public demonstration of the opposite in my opinion. It will offend anyone with loyalty to Land Rover and everyone else will not give a toss and just think there's another spoiled brat, with more money than sense, who's spat out his dummy...

Please take the grown-up approach of Trading Standards or writing to Land Rover's Managing Director or something before you resort to these childish tactics.

Post #225453 Thu May 14 2009 11:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>