RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Keep this thread up - as you might be aware LR keep an eye on this site, they employ people simply to monitor what gets said online and your experience is noted at HQ. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #205655 Wed Jan 14 2009 8:53pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

As is often the case (unfortunately) it takes the right people to get any progress made... but at least things are moving now! Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #205782 Thu Jan 15 2009 10:44am
lav

England 

*update*
here we go again! after a while the car was finally returned to me in feb with new bushes, steering rack and column which seemed to have fixed the steering issues. since then it has been back to the dealer twice, with further brake probs. the first time they replaced the stuck caliper as re working it didnt fix it, and two weeks ago it went back to have the service count down reset as it was on too early (which they forgot to do) replace the warped disks caused by the caliper, and have the rusty back door fixed.
now the drivers seat stitching has come undone leaving a big hole in the seat, not a big problem, but the rear suspension on the near side is riding about 2 - 3 inches lower than the off side, the steering faults have returned and between 50 - 70 mph the steering wheel is shaking badly. ive had the wheels balanced 3 diff places, and put a diff set on but not cured the shaking!
in 5000 miles and 7 months the car has been back 9 times, soon to be 10, for the same faults plus a few new ones. ive requested another vehicle or a buy back now as i feel ive been more than patient with them. they told me today that i have to give them another chance to fix it, even though last time it went in for steering to be fixed they promised me a buy back if it wasnt fixed. ive spent well over a month in loan cars in a 7 month period, how much more time does it take!!!!
the dealer (riders of truro) are going to arrange collection again tommorow, should i allow them another chance to bodge it for another week or 2, or be more forceful this time? this situation has cost them 3 sales already, my dad was going to replace his merc with a vogue, but due to the probs he got another merc, my uncle bought an x5 (which has never failed him under alot more punishment than mines ever taken) and a friend was after a disco but due to my probs he bought a pathfinder instead! that adds up to over £100k in lost business from this one situation. imagine this, across the country, going on day after day. do lr really deserve help from the government when standards are this low? i accept that alot of people are happy with their sports, but there must be a whole load that arent!! Big Cry

Post #225264 Wed May 13 2009 6:36pm
C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Mate,I am really sorry to hear about your problems. To me what you are saying is just not acceptable and there should be no next chance for them to fix it. You have given them f Censored 9 already.
Why do you bother going to that dealer at all and not deal with LRA? I know what LR is like, had some issue with mine car initial but luckily the dealer helped me out and solved them for me. LR is not very customer oriented when it comes to issues with their vehicles Evil or Very Mad Though I still keep on buying them Banging Head
As a matter of coincidence, I am going to see the dealer on Friday regarding the same steering issues (f Censored shaking between 50 and 70 mph).

I wish you good luck... Keep us updated... Thumbs Up

Post #225268 Wed May 13 2009 7:37pm
Texstar

United Kingdom 

Well I think you have given them ample opportunity to fix the problems , the vehicle is a fricking 'lemon'.(and I know that feeling only too well.) Whistle ..Demand a refund, less 'a reasonable amount', for the albeit limited use you have had of it. Good Luck Thumbs Up RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #225269 Wed May 13 2009 7:41pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Hi

I can sympathise with you completely with what you are going through. Ive had the same hell with a Volvo XC90. 4 trips to the dealer in 11 days. yesterday was the last straw so I went and bought a RR Sport!! Ive spent 1500 in legal fees trying to get a refund on the Volvo, have had engineers from VCUk at it twice and have now given up with it all hence the RRS. I just hope that you can get some sort of resolution to your problems as I do know how totally frustrating it can be.

All the best

4WD Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #225278 Wed May 13 2009 8:40pm
Whizo

Censored , Censored and Censored , stories like these really make me think if i am doing the right thing in spending my hard earned cash on buying a RRS, like you have said because of this event LR have already lost several sales, and now you have me thinking, should LR lose my sale too???

Post #225285 Wed May 13 2009 10:06pm
C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Whizo, look at it differently... The RRS is a wonderful car. You can use it for any purpose you wish. Drive the kids to school in the morning, go off-roading during the day, chase some kids on an A road, and finally drive your wife to opera in the evening. And the best bit is that the car does not lose its presence.
I know that there are couple of problems but they are on every car... As this is a dedicated forum you gat it all in one place. But look how many RRS have been sold and how many stories like this there are...
To me it is a no brainer and would always go for one.

Post #225289 Wed May 13 2009 10:26pm
4wheeldriver

We had 4 Volvos in the family before this one and they were all brilliant then the xc came home and OHMAHEID!! Its how the manufacturer and dealer deal with it WHEN and IF you get a bad one thats the prob. In my case the selling dealer and VCUk just closed the doors and put up a pass the buck from one to the other and left my local dealer with the problem!! NOT the prime way to do business. Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Post #225290 Wed May 13 2009 10:27pm
lav

England 

whizzo
i wouldnt let my issues stop you buying one, id be more than happy if they replaced the car ive got with another one. it must be a friday car to be as sh Censored e as it is, if they were all this bad lr would already be bust. but on saying this, id certainly not spend my hard earned cash on another one, the newer model is going to have to be special to tempt me to stay as a rrs owner, real special!!

Post #225293 Wed May 13 2009 10:45pm
lav

England 

xc90 no good then? that was an option i was looking at if mine does go back. prob a q7 or a v10 tourag vw, they are impressive machines. i know they arent as good looking as the rrs, but when im inside i cant see the outside and for finishing i think they are in a different league to the rrs.

Post #225294 Wed May 13 2009 10:50pm
4wheeldriver

If you want the whole sorry saga of mine then have a look here. http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=67315

And if you want to see that others have more problems than me then have a look at

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37

That should give you an idea of the build quality of the post Ford ownership Volvos

By the way the 1st post is at 102 posts now.............lol Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #225297 Wed May 13 2009 11:04pm
lav

England 

that makes for interesting reading. have you got your refund yet. ive emailed consumer direct tonight to see where i stand, but im not holding my breath for any help.

Post #225302 Wed May 13 2009 11:41pm
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

Lav,

stop messing around with the Stealer, as many have said try another (CHPR is worth the trip - I have had LR's for along time along with other marks and these guys really are in the business of "service") or get onto LR HQ, my 1st RRS (well documented on this site) was a complete pile of s Censored in the space of 7months is spent a total of 11 weeks in the workshops!

I hassled LR Customer Services ( Rolling with laughter ) sorry the customer and service in the same line does that. I got free servicing, tow bar etc.

Then more problems,I then took to faxing the MD of LR and then emailing them listing every single fault and timings (make sure you have every single bit of info) I kept this up for about 6 weeks and then LR offered to "assist me" into a new vehicle, we battled on some money to cover wear/tear and milege on the car and got my new one and I'm very glad to say that apart from the odd snag (and the knocking) its like driving a different car and has restored my faith faith in the mark - I wait to order the 2010my

Hope that helps Thumbs Up GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #225310 Thu May 14 2009 7:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lav

England 

thanks mate that does help. ive been trying to find a number/ email for the md / hq of lr because id guessed im going to have to go higher to sort this, but cant find it any where. all i can find is comedy... i mean customer services...

Post #225331 Thu May 14 2009 9:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>