RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > TDV8 HSE - Drivers seat movement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>

stonosam

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

We have had discussions about a replacement given my experience to date, but I think that it is more lip service than a reality. The issue in the equation will be what I could reasonably expect to get back for my current car given the amount of tax involved in the final on the road price and the cost of a new one including the new LCT tax. I am not sure how you dealt with that aspect of your replacement, but I would be interested to know.

In so far as a spanner is concerned I am not sure what I could do with the seat to make it better other than weld it in one place Shocked or with the other issues for that matter Sad .

Best

Stono

Post #225194 Wed May 13 2009 5:49am
BKHK

Australia 

You have a PM Stono

Post #225197 Wed May 13 2009 7:06am
tomw

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I've now gotten round the issue. I no longer drive the RRS. The wife drives it (to be fair she paid for it) and she's alot lighter than me so doesn't really feel the seat move. Smile

I've 3 other cars (see sig) of varying levels of age/quality/original price and NONE OF THEIR SEATS have movement. The fact I (and others on this thread) notice the seat movement, mean it is an issue and given the cost of the RRS is unforgivable.

I am sure there will come a time, when I'll have to take it back in to have it sorted again. And I'll let you know howI get on.

Despite loving the RRS in every other way and being v impressed with it this 'quality' issue (and lack of, seemingly any dealer to get it fixed) would put me off buying another. 09- 58 plate, brand spanking, RRS TDV8 HSE, Black on black. Really enjoying it so far.
06 - Porsche 911 997 C2S - love it.
59 Plate Audi A6 Avant, 3.0tdi, s-line, le mans quatro. (good replacement for old volvo and bmw).

Post #225554 Fri May 15 2009 11:55am
dazsear

England 

Had my car in the dealers today for a replacement seat base.....no more movement.
Lets hope it lasts!

Daz Thumbs Up 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #225904 Mon May 18 2009 7:33pm
tomw

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

dazsear wrote:
Had my car in the dealers today for a replacement seat base.....no more movement.
Lets hope it lasts!

Daz Thumbs Up

Let me know how you get on. Mine had new base and from the off, that still had a small amount of movement in it, and it's working loose again. 09- 58 plate, brand spanking, RRS TDV8 HSE, Black on black. Really enjoying it so far.
06 - Porsche 911 997 C2S - love it.
59 Plate Audi A6 Avant, 3.0tdi, s-line, le mans quatro. (good replacement for old volvo and bmw).

Post #226284 Thu May 21 2009 4:10pm
BKHK

Australia 

I had my first service done today. The driver's seat base has been replaced as per the TSB and so far, there is no movement...what a joy! Let's see how long it lasts!

First service carried out at 6200km and about 1 month early on the 6 month time requirement (I am travelling so won't be around to have it done at the exact time).

With the LR MY2009 free 3 year service plan, it was nice to just drive away without paying anything at all.

All done in 3 hours while I visited the local shopping mall.

Dealer is Lance Dixon, Doncaster, Victoria, Australia.....great job as always.

Post #228260 Tue Jun 16 2009 6:54am
dazsear

England 

Mine still feels perfect after the seat base change......almost one month later.
Oh and my seat has to cope with a BIG driver.

Result!

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco

Post #228267 Tue Jun 16 2009 8:07am
diamond

Greece 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Alaska White

BKHK wrote:
I had my first service done today. The driver's seat base has been replaced as per the TSB and so far, there is no movement...what a joy! Let's see how long it lasts!

First service carried out at 6200km and about 1 month early on the 6 month time requirement (I am travelling so won't be around to have it done at the exact time).

With the LR MY2009 free 3 year service plan, it was nice to just drive away without paying anything at all.

All done in 3 hours while I visited the local shopping mall.

Dealer is Lance Dixon, Doncaster, Victoria, Australia.....great job as always.

I suppose that free service is only valid in Australia. Or not? 2009 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 SE, Alaska White, Almond leather, tinted windows, active rear diff, tow pack, HiICE, full spare: gone and already missed

2004 Fiat Panda 1.2 Climbing 4x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y

Post #228275 Tue Jun 16 2009 8:53am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Well you can't get it in the UK, you used to be able to get a similar deal with FFRR when they first came out as I had the VIP pack on my TD6, the delaer paid half and I paid half of the £1000 it cost - I reckoned that over the 5 years of the policy and conisdering the mileage I cover it would have paid for itself as it included all costs except insurance, if you were doing vast mileages then you were laughing. Obviously LR thought so too as they withdrew the offer as it was costing them when the car came out of the normal 3 year warranty! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #228282 Tue Jun 16 2009 9:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BKHK

Australia 

Diamond

Free servicing was originally offered in Oz in 2008 if you were a corporate customer (my employer had to provide a letter saying it was effectively a company car) so I had free servicing with my first RRS.

After LR "helped" me into a new car after some problems, my new car qualified because it was deemed a replacement and I made sure when I did the deal with LR that I wouldn't be disadvantaged.

It was a non event really because LR offered 3 years free servicing with MY09 cars in Australia. I don't know if the offer is still valid for current purchasers. It does represent a good saving over 3 years though.

Post #228300 Tue Jun 16 2009 11:05am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

My apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but I thought I would x-post the latest SSM from Land Rover regarding the ongoing "seat rock" issue: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic15341.html 

Post #237678 Tue Sep 22 2009 10:40pm
BKHK

Australia 

Good on you Umberto

I have a tiny amount of movement back. I will complain again and see what they say they will do!

Post #237753 Wed Sep 23 2009 12:40pm
stevedacosta

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black
Drivers Seat movement

I have a Range Rover HST and the seats keeps moving. Whilst the car has been into RR three times, I have now been informed it cannot be fixed and the dealership is waiting for a fix. I have been waiting for eight months and stil not fix!

Does anyone have any suggestions.
thanks HST Owner with suspension problems!

Post #253059 Sun Jan 31 2010 11:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbi

Guernsey 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Hi.

Don't believe the dealer. There is a fix which is to offset the runners so the seat mechanics aren't straight. You don't feel that this is the case and do far it has worked. I have waited nearly 2 years for such a simple fix!

Rob Rob
*Gone - HSE TDV8 Rimini Red + Tasmod sill plates

Post #253087 Mon Feb 01 2010 9:56am
dazsear

England 

To be fair mine has started moing again but not so much that I will be returning to the dealers to have it fixed...might ask them to look at it in May when it has it's 2 year service. I suppose they could look at the knocking front while they are at it!!!!!

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco

Post #253109 Mon Feb 01 2010 12:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>