RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > TDV8 HSE - Drivers seat movement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>

umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

What I really can't figure out is is why the seats on MY06s and 07s - correctly if I'm wrong, but aren't they pretty much identical to the seats on 08s and 09s? - have always been rock solid and now, after 2+ years in production, they are starting to wobble. If it ain't broke... What possessed Land Rover engineers to go and mess around with these railings? A few pennies' savings, perhaps? Confused 

Post #220405 Tue Mar 31 2009 5:57am
stonosam

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

I'm not sure what happened. I have asked the same question many times without any joy. I would gladly have a set of old rails if they were available. Sadly that is not the case. Rolling Eyes

Post #220407 Tue Mar 31 2009 6:31am
stonosam

Hi All,

Just got my car back from the stealer after being there for a week. They said they spent a lot of time working on the seat movement issue but alas they have had no joy with coming up with a fix - It is still moving which they admit is not great. Apparently all the new ones do it to some extent, but not everyone complains. I am sure that there was a message in that.

If anyone has any other ideas for a fix I would love to hear them.
Bow down Bow down

Stono Big Cry

Post #220784 Thu Apr 02 2009 12:09am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

My 08 TDV6 does not have seat the seat movement issue?!

Post #220785 Thu Apr 02 2009 1:05am
tomw

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Mine's in the dealers today to have the seat movement issue, looked at.

They just called saying they've ordered a new seat base, which will be fitted tomorrow.

Having read this thread, I'm not sure that will fix the problem.

I'll let you know how I get on. 09- 58 plate, brand spanking, RRS TDV8 HSE, Black on black. Really enjoying it so far.
06 - Porsche 911 997 C2S - love it.
59 Plate Audi A6 Avant, 3.0tdi, s-line, le mans quatro. (good replacement for old volvo and bmw).

Post #222400 Wed Apr 15 2009 10:37am
tomw

Update:

Yesterday

Dealers: Yeah, we've ordered a new base and it'll be in tomorrow and we'll fit it then.
Me: ok. I'm not convinced that will fix it....

Today

Dealers: yeah we fitted the new base, which has cured the movement, but one of the motors is ruined and so you can't move the seat forward. So we've ordered another base and will fit it tomorrow
Me: erm...ok.

It's like Groundhog day.

In the meantime i'm running round in a TD4 Freelander thingy.

Sigh 09- 58 plate, brand spanking, RRS TDV8 HSE, Black on black. Really enjoying it so far.
59 Plate Audi A6 Avant, 3.0tdi, s-line, le mans quatro. (good replacement for old volvo and bmw).

Post #222603 Thu Apr 16 2009 12:55pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

I reported the drivers seat movement to my dealers back in March. They told me the frames are on back order but will get in touch as soon as they have the parts in stock. This thread has just reminded me that they haven't bothered getting in touch at all Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Looks like I've got to go and wake someone up again. Whistle Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #222617 Thu Apr 16 2009 1:51pm
tomw

Well the new seat base has been fitted.

Is it better? Yes. But there's still movement Sad

I'll keep an eye on it and see if becomes more loose over time.

*sigh* 09- 58 plate, brand spanking, RRS TDV8 HSE, Black on black. Really enjoying it so far.

Post #222967 Mon Apr 20 2009 1:24pm
Robbi

Guernsey 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Mine had the fix done a few weeks ago and it still moves. Seems to be left hand side but less the before.

I have my own fix, push back on seat when you stop!

With this and the crappy lumbar support I would prefer a good old fashion manual seat.

I suggest we keep lobbying LR to sort this out. Rob
*Gone - HSE TDV8 Rimini Red + Tasmod sill plates

Post #224433 Wed May 06 2009 11:40am
BKHK

Australia 

My stealer contacted me to say that the new seat base was now in stock. I will get it done in a month or so when its time for the first service.

With my previous car, seat base replacement alone (the TSB) did not completely cure the problem.

Post #224440 Wed May 06 2009 12:31pm
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had mine done last week and whilst it has reduced the movement problem it hasn't 100% eliminated it; it's just a smaller movement now. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #225078 Tue May 12 2009 5:40am
stonosam

I had exactly the same experience. Fixed but not 100%. The problem is that as you drive it starts working its way loose again. Twisted Evil Really unacceptable for a $170k car. In fact not acceptable for a $25k car.

My dealers response is that's the best they can do. It's not their problem in that the potential fix is out of their hands. So I guess it's our problem, that's just tough luck and if we don't like it we can sell our cars - in this market right!!!!!!!

Great client service. Censored Big Cry

Post #225085 Tue May 12 2009 7:36am
BKHK

Australia 

Stonosam

Name and shame your dealer, that is a disgrace. I am travelling on business right now but when I get home, I will give you the CEO of LR Australia PA's email address and you can complain about your pathetic dealer. I don't have it on this computer I'm afraid.

We will soon see if anyone from LRA reads this site!

On my last car, when the fault re appeared after seat base replacement within one day, they replaced the seat tracks. I believe that the TSB calls for replacement of the seat base but replacing runners as well should cure the problem.

I will be having my seat base replaced soon (there was movement on my new car at 2500km) and if that doesn't cure it, will get them to replace the tracks as well.

Post #225143 Tue May 12 2009 3:28pm
stonosam

Hi BKHK,

The MD of Land Rover is aware of my problem. He concurs with my dealer Trivett that the fix needs to come from LR UK and they are powerless to do anything about the problem. I have had base and rails replaced twice according to LTB and no joy and that by the way was after waiting for 2 months each time for the parts to arrive.

BTW to add insult to injury prior to speaking to the MD the LR Australia technician who drove my car to assessment the movement said that it is perfectly acceptable from their perspective for the seats move. Un Censored believable.

I wish you the best of luck. My car is 8 months old and has spent at least a week per month or more at the dealer resolving various issues.

Rear boot lid partly fell off, packed up window winders on both front windows on separate occasions, cold stutter start, suspensions raising failure, suspension knock, smelly air conditioner, rear DVD screen failure, cracked passenger door handle, spongy brakes, seat movement 4* in the shop (still unresolved). Best of all the car has never even been close to going off road. I would hate to think what would fall off if it did.

Guess I just bought a lemon.

Best

Stono Rolling Eyes Big Cry

Post #225192 Wed May 13 2009 1:19am
BKHK

Australia 

I am sorry to hear that Stonosam.

I had multiple maintenance issues as well although different items. I complained so hard that LRA replaced my car with a 2009 model which I am (to date) very happy with.

I still think you should name and shame your dealer who must be pathetic. There is much more to vehicle maintenance than just changing parts. Have you had a go with a spanner yourself?

Post #225193 Wed May 13 2009 4:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>