RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > TDV8 HSE - Drivers seat movement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>

stonosam

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

You stealer should be able to get hold of the bulletin fairly easily. Don't let them tell you otherwise. The real problem is going to be getting the parts. My stealer has had them on back order since the beginning of January and there is still no sign of them arriving anytime soon. Big Cry

Be aware that there are 2 types rails one for seats with memory and one for those without. Make sure that when they order the parts they get the right ones.

Post #213262 Mon Feb 23 2009 6:44am
BKHK

Australia 

Stonosam

I hope your parts arrive soon. There is quite a back order I understand. I can't comment on the seat movement anymore because my RRS has gone......my replacement arrives this week hopefully. I do hope that the seat doesn't move!!

Post #213263 Mon Feb 23 2009 7:12am
stonosam

What did you replace the old one with?

Post #213264 Mon Feb 23 2009 7:37am
BKHK

Australia 

I have a 2009 TDV6 in Buckingham Blue with Almond coming as a replacement courtesy of LR with a "token" payment from me because of all the component replacements in such a short time (8 months). Should get it this week sometime I think.

Post #213272 Mon Feb 23 2009 9:24am
stonosam

Wow! that's really nice. I hope that this one is a better all round experience for you.

Best of luck. Razz

Post #213428 Mon Feb 23 2009 10:56pm
tomw

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Update: Hmmmmm.

I go and get dog guard fitted and ask them to look at the wobbly drivers seat for me, I even printed off the bulletin no. from this thread.

Anyway, the dog guard get's fitted and the guy says 'the bulletin didn't even relate to your vehicle' - Hmmmm, ok.

Me: "ok I'll not dispute that. But has someone checked the driver's seat? It's loose, just as I mentioned when I got here and it wasn't when I bought it a month ago. It has worked loose".

Another hour passes.

"Right we've checked it and your vehicle definitely has the latest seat and rail parts on it."
"It's still loose though"
"yes"
"so you're telling me there's no fix?"
"yes. at this time there is no fix".
"Ok, that's not great is it? a 50k+ car with a drivers seat that was tight/solid, that has worked loose and now cannot be fixed. I shall keep an eye on it. If it get's worse it's coming back".

So off i go. Now someone had clearly done something because the seat had been tightened up I am sure. It wasn't moving as much as before but, wasn't quite perfect - still _some_ movement.

So I'll just monitor it.

Unless someone does know the actual issue and actual fix, then I'll be armed with the right info next time I go to the Dealers Smile 09- 58 plate, brand spanking, RRS TDV8 HSE, Black on black. Really enjoying it so far.
06 - Porsche 911 997 C2S - love it.
59 Plate Audi A6 Avant, 3.0tdi, s-line, le mans quatro. (good replacement for old volvo and bmw).

Post #214211 Sat Feb 28 2009 9:12am
Wozz

I am noticing the same problem in mine an dit has only clocked up around 1k miles.

Suggest the above goes to the dealer feedback section! I have yet to deal with my local, James Edwards in Chester, but will be asking them to look at it on the first service probably. I can live with it as it is, for now. WINNER - 2009 Best Newcomer Award
'09 TDV6 XS Stornaway Grey

'06 BMW 730 D SE (Gone)
'08 A4 TDi SLine Avant (Gone)
Large pack of Flake Cakes (Gone)
6 pack of Guiness (Gone)

Post #214216 Sat Feb 28 2009 10:13am
tomw

Anyone got an answer to this yet? My driver seat is loose again.

Sigh. Gonna have to drop it back in with them and get them to sort it. I'd prefer to not have to leave it them for weeks while they work out what it is.

So if anyone thinks they know exactly what the problem(s) are that cause the loosening seat, I'd be very interested to hear it.

Cheers

Tom 09- 58 plate, brand spanking, RRS TDV8 HSE, Black on black. Really enjoying it so far.
59 Plate Audi A6 Avant, 3.0tdi, s-line, le mans quatro. (good replacement for old volvo and bmw).

Post #216683 Thu Mar 12 2009 5:26pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

The matching TSB for North America regarding this issue came out just a few days ago. I am thinking the part #s would be the same for NA and ROW. Posted copy of the bulletin here for North America owners:

http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php...p;start=15 

Post #216721 Thu Mar 12 2009 6:28pm
tomw

After filling in my Land Rover customer satisfaction survey on line on Friday last week, and mentioning the seat movement - my dealer called me this AM and I have booked the car in again for them to take a look.

Fingers crossed....will let you know how I get on. 09- 58 plate, brand spanking, RRS TDV8 HSE, Black on black. Really enjoying it so far.

Post #220248 Mon Mar 30 2009 10:52am
stonosam

Hi Tomw

I wish you luck.

My RRS went in, as you know last week, to have the seat fixed after waiting 2 months for the part to arrive.
They fitted the part and guess what the seat is still moving so the fix as per the LTB is simply not working. They are mystified as to what to do next. Big Cry

Not sure where to from here. It is unbelievable for a car like this to have a persistent fault that cannot be fixed. Twisted Evil

BTW subsequent to this I have had my suspension fail on me. Beginning to think I have a Monday car. All this and I have not even taken the car offroad yet.

Stonosam

Post #220387 Tue Mar 31 2009 1:28am
Leo

Kenya 

Is is possible to just change the rubber stops? Maybe get something made from an aftermarket supplier?

Post #220390 Tue Mar 31 2009 1:56am
stonosam

At this point they are looking at coming up with a solution, but I don't think it is as simple as coming up with alternative rubber stops otherwise they would have just sent them as opposed to sending an entirely new rail. Twisted Evil

Stonosam

Post #220397 Tue Mar 31 2009 2:37am
BKHK

Australia 

Yep, it must be a widespread problem because my new 2009 (2nd RRS) has also started to move. My past experience is that application of the TSB alone won't fix the problem. A combination of TSB and new rails did seem tp fix the problem on my old car but I didn't have it long enough to carry out a thorough evaluation

Post #220400 Tue Mar 31 2009 3:00am
stonosam

I have a 09 loan car 300km on the clock and it is doing the same thing as well.

I think that the problem is that they are working on the new car which is due to be released at the NY motor show on 10 April and have not had time to address our seat issue. The new car has apparently been significantly revamped internally with new seats, reversing camera, keyless entry etc.

Stonosam

Post #220403 Tue Mar 31 2009 4:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>