RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Battersea
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bermyandy

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
Battersea

Right, really had enough of this place now.

All the issues I had when I originally bought the car (technical issues as well as general customer service) were eventually rectified, and I thought positive steps had been taken by the fact that a number of staff changed when Charles Hurst took over.

It went in for its annual service a few months ago and still had the issues of no one calling to update me and not all the work being done as asked.

Now they have had the car since Friday as the passengers rear tv screen is on the blink (for the past year of ownership, it has been the drivers side, this now seems to have been fixed but at the expense of the passengers side), the rear window isn’t defrosting (when I first bought the car we had this problem, and so the whole window was replaced under warranty) along with some other niggles

So having heard nothing from them since Friday, I phone them today. On hold for about 5 minutes, and when someone eventually picks up I am told they are waiting on the wiring harness for the rear screens. Oh, and did I know that I would have to pay for that and the rear window? Now, excuse me for not being telepathic, but in order for me to know this, someone would have had to actually bother phoning me, the apparent paying customer. Had they also have phoned me, they would have discovered the car is actually still under warranty (albeit the extended one) and so would have prevented them sounding like complete incompetents.

Why do we bother paying inflated prices to retain the service stamps, when we aren’t getting inflated levels of service? You would have thought that right now their main focus should be on keeping existing customers happy?

So.. who’s my next choice, as the next nearest is also a charles hurst...

Rant over!

Post #210646 Mon Feb 09 2009 5:58pm
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Sounds like the same service i got from scothall bmw (now at stirlings corner) the last time dealt with them Twisted Evil .

I couldnt name a person whos had an issue with Charles Hurst in Park Royal, and i know quite a few people using them in london. Especially when it comes to communication. Give James (Username: Charles Hurst Park Royal) a shout and im sure he'll get on it...

Thumbs Up WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph
WINNER - 2009 Best All New Photograph

Post #210662 Mon Feb 09 2009 7:28pm
bermyandy

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Park royal i think it is then... rear screens have never worked since i bought the car (always one or the other) now its out of manufacturers warranty and on to the extended, its all for my own cost

They wont inflate my tyres more than the manufacturers guidelines (22" over finch so need to be +4 psi) so what they do is deflate them, but wont add any more despite the wheels not being from LR

Despite me asking them to look at the front end knocking when it first went in, they only tell me today that to investigate it they want me to pay for the inspection of the cause (Is this normal for other people)

Hopefully though my window washers and rear window are now fully functioning after them having the car since friday morning...

Post #210757 Tue Feb 10 2009 4:19pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Considering Land Rover are making the assumption that most people with the knocking noise are simpletons and EVEN WITH the manufacturers warranty they are continuing with the characteristic bo**ocks - however, I would see your claim to a fault on the suspension as being "arguably" part of the build process.

Any attempt to get you to pay for this work is both immoral and totally unacceptable considering the comprehensive reports they have on this issue - both from dealers and owners.

I would push for a fix (even though there is not one) or at least a letter to confirm a fix (once one becomes available) from the dealer via LR Technical.

From where I am standing it seems any attempt at eradicating this issue has ground to a halt and any talk of a forthcoming shim/bush fix is purely a word of mouth exercise to try and alleviate the pressure within the dealer networks.

In the meantime, the poor B'stads that have the issue are effectively faced with the commercial brick wall that is LR Customer Services as we head full circle into the characteristic stance once more Yawn Yawn

Very shoddy. Evil or Very Mad L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #210761 Tue Feb 10 2009 5:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1