RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > UK weather forecast for week 7/2009
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
UK weather forecast for week 7/2009

Just looking at the North Atlantic weather maps for the next 24-96 hours........................ hope you guys in the Midlands, South and South East of England, Northern France and the Channel Islands have got plenty of supplies in and plenty of candles and camping gaz for cooking, and the rubber dinghy ready inflated and moored near the house as it looks like you could be in for worse weather than you got at the beginning of last week..................... If you have a caravan in your garden I would make sure it is well lashed down or you have floatation bags under it ready for abandoning house......................... on Monday night/ Tuesday
http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/fax/QDTM85.TIF
This will then be followed be southerly gales with heavy, heavy rain and flooding as the temperature rises and the snow melts when the storm centre passes up the Channel on Wednesday/Thursday.
http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/fax/PWAM99.TIF
976mb isn't the lowest central pressure we have had this winter but it's the lowest we have had come up the Channel for a while.
Be Prepared for the worst - I've just got home form a trip to Dalwhinnie to see if the Corrie Yarrick Pass would be fun in the snow (Thumbs Up Thumbs Up) to find it is snowing hard down here in the Central Belt - fortunately the roads have so much salt on them, they are whiter than the snow with salt dust!

Sorry to be the harbinger of doom and gloom 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #210485 Sun Feb 08 2009 5:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

*Sorry to be the harbinger of doom and gloom* didn't these people always get *de-headed* Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #210493 Sun Feb 08 2009 5:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Maybe BEheaded, I think de-headed is something else angel! Rolling with laughter 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #210495 Sun Feb 08 2009 5:56pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Tim - those maps just confuse me so thanks for the summary - been snowing here now for the last 2 hours

Post #210511 Sun Feb 08 2009 8:29pm
Tim in Scotland

Interpretation is quite easy Kaine. Closer the isobars are together, the windier it will be! I'll see if I can find a "decoding" guide and scan it for you. Just watch out for the little black triangles on the wind arrows though - indicates 48-52 knots of wind. So the south coast of England and Northern France look like they will be getting 60 knot winds on Monday night.......................... That's Beaufort force 12/ Hurricane force

Here's a quick decode model for a "station report" on the map - most of this info is missed off the North Atlantic maps, usually only the wind direction and strength are shown
http://profhorn.meteor.wisc.edu/wxwise/Ack...model.html

You might also find this section of the same site interesting
http://profhorn.meteor.wisc.edu/wxwise/AckermanKnox/index.html

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/m...mpslp.rxml

And here is the "teach yourself weather forecasting" from the Michael Fish school of meteorological map reading
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/education/seco...harts.html 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #210518 Sun Feb 08 2009 9:32pm
Red1903

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

Jesus Censored its cold outside, temp thing in the garden was reading -10*C at 9pm, temps are going to get colder for the rest of the week and could hit -15*C in the usual cold spots NE Scotland Big Cry Highlands and Islands will be lower still.

Post #210527 Sun Feb 08 2009 10:29pm
Tim in Scotland

Down here west of Stirling it's -8 and snowing hard. We've had 2" in the last 4 hours - just got back from a run to Laggan and the Corrie Yarrick Pass in time! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #210531 Sun Feb 08 2009 11:04pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Well it's raining now. Will see if we get another dump of white stuff tonight Question

Last night was lethal, drove past a few cars sitting on top of a roundabout on the A43 wondering how they got there so quick Rolling Eyes I would have thought the noise of the ice through the tyres would have told them it might be a good idea to slow down before they got to the roundabout Rolling Eyes
Same problem on A34 last night, people driving at normal speeds in horrendous conditions. Had to get off it before I witnessed carnage.

So yet again I'm on days off for the worst of it Thumbs Up Bring it on Exclamation TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #210616 Mon Feb 09 2009 1:35pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Just saw on new that a driver ended up in the River Ouse, past his test a week ago, on the clip it show a road completely covered in ice, a broken fence, then cut to the driver who said he had learned his lesson and won't drive fast on snow and ice any more

Lucky he and his passenger got out Confused

Post #210630 Mon Feb 09 2009 3:25pm
Pelyma

England 

Censored down with rain here on the sunny Sussex coast Sad Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #210632 Mon Feb 09 2009 3:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1