RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > I need a good argument to buy a RRS - help!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

bud

United Kingdom 

I have just purchased the new V8 3.6 RRS, after ditching Mercedes (ML270). The car is fantastic to drive, very comfortable and the engine is a dream. Some fantastic features on it (the money has gone on the engineering) however there are some downers. I've done abt 1700mils, MPG on motorway is 23 and county lane driving 15 ! I'm told this will improve to 25 & 30mpg but i'll wait and see. The boot is alot smaller then the ML and with 2 large dogs a bit of a squeeze. I would say overall internal size is smaller as well (but I don't mind as it is a better car) Good luck with whichever you go for. SMB Thumbs Up

Post #156021 Fri Feb 15 2008 10:45pm

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

why is this even an arguement? just say that you wear the pants in ther relationship and that she has no right to question your authority.

after probably being banned from the bedroom and forced to sleep on the couch, i say you go and get your self a TDV8 RRS. the MPG will not be a problem, its pretty damn quick and alot of fun to drive. also you could sleep in it aswell instead of the couch! trust me my plan is way better than anyone elses and will work the best.

goodluck Thumbs Up

btw, the first part of my suggestion has varying results so use at your own risk!! Rolling with laughter James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
Chawton White

Post #156023 Fri Feb 15 2008 10:49pm
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Ran the LR3 (D3) for 2yrs and was quite impressed ... load carrying, Kids & dogs even survived escaping from Hurricanes over here. It did great and the wife liked it as well Thumbs Up

However when it came time to change, the RRS (SC) won with looks and lots of passion..., Would I have another LR3 ... yes of course but next time its the FFRR just because of the extra space only. Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #156028 Sat Feb 16 2008 12:50am
nodz

Thanks for all the comments and advice. I did show my wife your feedback and, thankfully, she was amused. We also went to Crawley Landrover on Sunday for a look around (my wife can't drive at the moment due to a broken thumb so no point in doing the test drives just yet).

The space in the Disco is incredible but even my wife described it as "van-like". The RRS was actually smaller inside than I'd expected. I'm 6 foot 2 and my head was hitting the roof in the back (although obviously I won't be in the back much!) But I also felt that I had limited headroom even in the front, I guess as a result of the Sport lower than the FFRR. None of these were big issues, just noticeable although I'd be interested to know if a car without the sunroof will give more headroom?

My wife described the RRS as "Sexy" - which was encouraging.

I'm drawn to the TDV8, especially now used versions have had the chance to depreciate for a year. But I just wondered if the standard kit has changed on this model since launch? I've got the current brochure and everything is pretty much included, in particular dynamic response, but was this the case when the car was launched? I've seen second handers for around £43k-45k which seems pretty good value but is there a catch ie lesser spec?

Any further help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Post #156125 Mon Feb 18 2008 9:51am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

The TDV8 spec has remained virtually unchanged, given that they're only around year old so not much has had a chance to change. As for your comment re depreciation, bear in mind that the RRS has been one of the few mainstream cars recently to suffer from very litte depreciation. After owning mine for a year, I even made money on it when I chopped it in... so you won't get such a bargain in that sense as the second owner, but the car is great so you get what you pay for.

Mine didn't have the sunroof, but usually a sunroof impacts headroom rather than gives you more. I am 6'4" and had no issues with headroom once I'd configured the seats to my liking. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #156127 Mon Feb 18 2008 9:58am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I know someone looking to move their 55 plate Silver HSE on if you'd like me to put you in touch....

Whistle

Laughing

Post #156146 Mon Feb 18 2008 11:11am
COMMANDO

RRS V DISCO

Take a test drive down a winding A-road in the Disco and put your foot down and its like steering a boat.RRS is much better at this and does not roll so much! Also look at the new freelander-not much smaller inside and it would leave it for dead on a twisty road.

Post #156780 Fri Feb 22 2008 2:46pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Hang on, freelander leave the RRS for dead or Disco? Confused Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #156783 Fri Feb 22 2008 2:51pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Contentious comment!! Confused 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #156785 Fri Feb 22 2008 2:53pm
Rupert

Ireland 

Contentious comment yes & one that will result in some serious flaming !!

However, let me just say that the Freelander is "Quick" I'm quite suprised by the get 'n' go in wifey's freelander.

Although I'm not so sure about it leaving the RRS or D3 for dead Wink

Post #156788 Fri Feb 22 2008 2:59pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I am sure they both (RRS & D3) could do a reasonable attempt at keeping up with the FL2 on a twisting country road

But the TDV8 RRS would be the best competion against the FL2, but I don't think they'll be much between them

The RRS S/C would be just plain cheating though Thumbs Up

Post #156792 Fri Feb 22 2008 3:26pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

npinks - behave! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #156793 Fri Feb 22 2008 3:33pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter TDV8 V's FL2 Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #156794 Fri Feb 22 2008 3:34pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

talking narrow winding country lanes Confused

not open road which it wouldn't have a chance Big Cry

Personally I know which one i would like to be driving and its not the FL2 Thumbs Up

Edit: I say this as its not down to the power of the car, its on the basis that a quite a few years ago a friend Astra GSi was left in the dust of a Robin Realant 3 wheeler on a small winding country lane. Rolling with laughter Nothing he did could catch the nutter driving it until the road opened up.

Last edited by npinks on Fri Feb 22 2008 5:04pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #156799 Fri Feb 22 2008 3:43pm
Murdered out

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

1º wrote:
why is this even an arguement? just say that you wear the pants in ther relationship and that she has no right to question your authority.

after probably being banned from the bedroom and forced to sleep on the couch, i say you go and get your self a TDV8 RRS. the MPG will not be a problem, its pretty damn quick and alot of fun to drive. also you could sleep in it aswell instead of the couch! trust me my plan is way better than anyone elses and will work the best.

goodluck Thumbs Up

btw, the first part of my suggestion has varying results so use at your own risk!! Rolling with laughter

Spoken like a true man. 

Post #156826 Fri Feb 22 2008 4:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12