RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > OWNERS OF RR Sports WITH OVER 50,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

MRBROWN

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
OWNERS OF RR Sports WITH OVER 50,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK

Hello guys and girls Smile this is my first post on here.

I am looking to get behind the wheel of an RRS and me being me, I go to the far end of a fart with everything I do, so want as much info relating to the car as I can get my hands on. Having found this place to be the definative resource tool on all things RRS I decided to join up and use the forum myself. I Have already discussed depreciation, residuals, finance etc with Kam so I feel I have the knowledge I need in that area. I have read many posts relating to the pro's and con's of the various engines, so again I believe I have the knowledge I need here also.

I do however need to know what the car is like in a state of high miles so I ask all those owners to please give opinions on their cars...anything from condition of the seats, paintwork, mechanicals, fit and finish, problems encountered, rising cost of services as a result of age/miles, etc etc.

I am specifically thinking supercharged models just because my heart and wallet is pushing towards that engine however my head tells me tdv6/8 so I would like opinions from the wood burners aswell as the petrol heads.

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Gav.

Post #153314 Mon Jan 28 2008 2:05pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Welcome Very Happy

I don't think there is anyone on there with a RRS hitting 50k? RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #153358 Mon Jan 28 2008 3:23pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I think there's a couple of folks who don't post regularly... sit tight MrBrown, I'm sure someone will respond. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #153370 Mon Jan 28 2008 3:45pm
MRBROWN

JayMann thank you Thumbs Up ...........Shmoogle thank you Thumbs Up

Will be suprised if no one has an early edition that hasnt covered between 15K and 20K a year....surely a flashy rep mobile or long commuter maybe?

If not Idea maybe CharlesHurstLondon may be able to honestly evaluate the state of high mile examples they have taken in part exchange??? I appreciate not all owners treat their cars the same and also build standards may alter from car to car.

Unfortunately such sites as WHATCAR etc think the RRS is still too young for them to give advice on reliability issues (3 years old now isnt it Rolling Eyes ?)

Cheers guys and thanks again

Post #153380 Mon Jan 28 2008 3:58pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

MrBrown - the oldest cars are only 2 1/2 years old - if I were driving 50,000 miles in that time I wouldn't have time to post on this forum. There is bound to be someone along soon. It might be worth looking at disco3.co.uk to see if any issues arise on D3's of that mileage - many things might be relevant to both cars. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #153382 Mon Jan 28 2008 4:02pm
MRBROWN

Very Annoyed thank you Thumbs Up

Fair comment about miles consumed and available time to play about on here so I shall expect a limited number of usefull responses Big Cry

I guess mechanically you would expect similar experiences in the D3 and RRS so I will check out the other forum Very Happy ultimately thats all i would be concerned about and the bills associated with corrective work should anything go wrong...my intended use is to lug my labrador back and forth to work, trudge through and climb over the pot holed road leading to my place of work and to drag a hand full of football team mates around on a weekend so I think its gonna get a bit of abuse inside and out.

D3 forum here i come

Post #153390 Mon Jan 28 2008 4:27pm
canaryman

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Cairns Blue

I have around 50k on my tdv6. My backrground, after the military, is in fleet management (so I have a lot of experience with a vast amount of cars).

IMO, I still absolutely love to drive this car. It is not without its problems but then again I have had problems with Aston Martin, Porsche, Skoda, Ford etc etc.

The paintwork is holding up well, despite the copious amounts of salt that we have on the roads over here and the "gravel" that the Austrians use. Odd rattle here and there but it is easy to sort out yourself or for your dealer to fix. Electrics seem to be sorted though I had far less electrical problems with this than a Mercedes CLK or any Audi. It is still very quite and responsive. The drivers seat is showing wear but that is completely normal, the seats seem to be very robust to be honest. The interior has stood up to load carrying (including my idiot boxer-dog) so I am very impressed with that side of things.

To be honest, most of the problems are sorted with warranty and are only slightly annoying problems.

The one area that I believe is weak are the wheels. I mullered two of my wheels when I clipped a kerb at around 20mph (both standard 19 inch wheels).

Personally, I would not be put off by 50k mileage. Ask the dealer for a print out of all warranty work that has been carried out on the vehicle (yes, they can do this) and as with ANY vehicle, take out an extended warranty.

Good luck

Post #153448 Mon Jan 28 2008 6:06pm
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Hey I've done 74000 kms in mine you see I drive my car while others Whistle I'm sure I saw here that someone had done 110,000 kms but maybe I'm mistaken.My RRS drives better than the first time I drove still getting looks even though the car is 30 months old. Still got the Permagrin Very Happy and have not had any probs with my RRS. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #153476 Mon Jan 28 2008 8:30pm
BigMart

United Kingdom 

Evening all,

My 06 is still a baby at 23k but in my quest for a RRS I viewed a few with around 50k on the clock , a couple of which were on LR dealer forecourts. No surprises , engine and drivetrain was just the same as any of the low milers I test drove. Drivers seats were showing signs of wear but nothing that you wouldnt see on any other range rover or discovery. Interiors wore well , I wouldnt have objected to buying one that was a bit miley but was luck enough to find a cheap one with low miles.
make sure it's been serviced like an aircraft and you won't go far wrong , oh and make sure you've got all the toys Thumbs Up

Mart Jaguar XF 3.0D Portfolio
RRS TDV6 HSE 2006 , Zermatt , Gone

Post #153489 Mon Jan 28 2008 9:38pm
lemm

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

did see a S/C on AutoTrader with 80K on the clock...

what was more worrying, he would have spent nearly £30K on fuel in two years!!!!

Post #153491 Mon Jan 28 2008 10:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Try this from E-Bay
This is the ref number

eBay Item No. 180209205700

its a cat D rebuilt super charged approx 23k but cheap Rolling Eyes Not to all tastes but I have no idea what a cat D means Embarassed

Looks like a lot of car for the money. Thumbs Up  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #153492 Mon Jan 28 2008 10:30pm
Biggles

England 

Very Annoyed wrote:
MrBrown - the oldest cars are only 2 1/2 years old - if I were driving 50,000 miles in that time I wouldn't have time to post on this forum. There is bound to be someone along soon. It might be worth looking at disco3.co.uk to see if any issues arise on D3's of that mileage - many things might be relevant to both cars.

In th e D3 category, I know of at least three that have covered over 50k miles, one of these is actually going for its first MOT tommorrow, it still lokks like brand neew and has never missed a beat. the other two were owned by the same owner and the first covered 58k miles with very little problems apart from some very early dash lights that were cured. That car was part exchanged for a new D3 that is hovering around 46k miles at the moment all totally trouble free.
In the sport section I know of one that is just over two years old at 30k miles that has never put a foot wrong what so ever. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #153493 Mon Jan 28 2008 10:51pm
jk516696

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Hi
Mine is now up to 58,000 miles. Still a great ride and to be honset, hard to tell the difference between now and when new. Very solid.

My only issues have been covered with warranty work....the famous knowcking noise which seems to work it's way in to the front every 25K. Simple job to fix but annoying to have to live with for a few weeks as it build to a crescendo. Rolling Eyes

As others have said, the bodywork is holding up very well. When it does get a scrub, looks (almost) like new.

Tyres have lasted 25K on avergae. Now trying Goodyear Eagle , which seems better for noise, feel and roadholding.

Can be heavy on brakes ...but that might be my driving.

Take the plunge, you will not regret it !

as for me....just mulling over a move to the V8 Whistle

Cheers

Jon

Post #153495 Mon Jan 28 2008 10:54pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

jk516696 wrote:
Hi
Mine is now up to 58,000 miles. Still a great ride and to be honset, hard to tell the difference between now and when new. Very solid.

My only issues have been covered with warranty work....the famous knowcking noise which seems to work it's way in to the front every 25K. Simple job to fix but annoying to have to live with for a few weeks as it build to a crescendo. Rolling Eyes

As others have said, the bodywork is holding up very well. When it does get a scrub, looks (almost) like new.

Tyres have lasted 25K on avergae. Now trying Goodyear Eagle , which seems better for noise, feel and roadholding.

Can be heavy on brakes ...but that might be my driving.

Take the plunge, you will not regret it !

as for me....just mulling over a move to the V8 Whistle

Cheers

Jon

Dont Mull just get one Thumbs Up  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #153512 Tue Jan 29 2008 1:09am
BigMart

United Kingdom 

Forget to say....

Don't fpget if you gofor the diesel the 90k service is to replace all timing belts (1 cam belt and 1 pump timing belt)
It's an engine out job and over a grand.

Good luck,

Mart Jaguar XF 3.0D Portfolio
RRS TDV6 HSE 2006 , Zermatt , Gone

Post #153517 Tue Jan 29 2008 7:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>