RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > OWNERS OF RR Sports WITH OVER 50,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

I have 74,425 miles on my 06 RRS, it's gotta be some sort of record here. Spent most of them on clogged streets and freeways of Southern California for work, but some quality time off road as well, especially in the past year or so. That's when I realized how much more than just good looks and a sporty ride this car could offer, and became a big fan of the brand as a result. I was blessed with a near flawless car (4.4 liter petrol engine, we have no diesels here), my factory warranty expired long ago and I have had nearly zero problems worth mentioning, besides the "usual" brake squeaks and console rattles which are almost normal considering the mileage, occasional traademark Land Rover electronic gremlins, and lately (must be from an off road trip too many, I think) a noticeable "clunk" from the front right end over bumps or broken pavement... The paint shows a lot of custom pin striping from the local desert brush, fortunately my car is white so you don't see it much. Can't really fault the car's paint for that though, the bushes here are very spiny and pretty unforgiving. The interior finish and all the hardware have really held up remarkably well considering how much time I've spent in there - and I am a smoker to boot! Only signs of obvious wear are the steering wheel - sticky in places - and the driver window sill, where my elbow and hand have left indelible marks...

Overall, I could not be happier with my Sport and would buy another one tomorrow, in a heartbeat. In fact, I WILL buy another one, after I trade mine in for peanuts at around 100K miles later this year. Don't want to push my luck with this one much beyond that! Very Happy 

Post #153518 Tue Jan 29 2008 8:03am
MRBROWN

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

canaryman thanks Thumbs Up very much value your input.

"I" thanks Thumbs Up I have a permagrin in my current car, M3 coupe but that soon dissapears when its serviced (nothing less than £1000 and 2 have been £2000 or there abouts) also when i put my muddy dog on the grey leather or when my grilfirends in the thing and I have to drive considerately Crying or Very sad

BigMart thanks Thumbs Up I am yet to look at a high mile example and agree that a worn seat is part and parcel of having an arse in it for all those miles so that wouldnt put me off...FMDSH and toys are on my checklist of must have's for sure but going for the supercharged i would only require additional spec of sideskirts, tints, possibly sunroof, possibly rear entertainment and i am happy.

lemm thanks Thumbs Up agree thats a sum to fork for petrol...presume a minted footballer or they may have classed the car as a company pool car and had a company petrol card, been busted for that myself Whistle paid the vat but not the income tax, but not on that scale thank god.

Baron thanks Thumbs Up nice motor but not struck on the hst grill (like hst look overall but dont think the grill works on a standard car) cheap as chips but I aint that desperate to get behind the wheel of one...yet!!!!!

Biggles thanks Thumbs Up I didnt get round to going to the D3 forum so thanks it sounds like both derivatives are solid and dependable, its looking good so far that the feedback is positive in terms of build and engine.....i think i may well pay a few dealerships a visit this weekend.

jk516696 thanks Thumbs Up sounds like you as with the other high milers are happy as larry with your car which satisfies my mind that a high mile car wouldnt be a bad idea.

umbertob thanks Thumbs Up sweeet location mate to be in your RRS Bow down and like it very much in white...lovely. Not many on here have the 4.4 v8 ????????? why is that?????

Post #153538 Tue Jan 29 2008 10:30am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I've done 33k on one of the first RRS released and apart from self inflicted problems the car is sound. There have been a few minor niggles but nothing serious. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #153540 Tue Jan 29 2008 10:33am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

MRBROWN wrote:
Not many on here have the 4.4 v8 ????????? why is that?????

In the UK, they were always a bit of a waste of time... if you wanted economy/less depreciation you went for the TDV6, if you didn't care about economy and could afford it, you went for the SC. There was a couple of UK-based 4.4 owners on here in the early days of the forum, but not sure so sure they still frequent. LR discontinued the 4.4 variant last year so now the only petrol you can buy is the 4.2 SC. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #153542 Tue Jan 29 2008 11:49am
nigelkippax

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Miles gone by. (Buy)!!!

Mine is coming up for 40K at about 18 months. The M8 between Glasgow and Edinburgh gets a bit boring behind the slow drivers. The only problem I've really had is those Censored windscreen wipers!!!!

Post #153598 Tue Jan 29 2008 8:57pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Same here mine are still Censored after having them changed RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #153611 Tue Jan 29 2008 11:49pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

Cat D means it was written off by the original insurance company but it was classed as rebuildable. Both Cat D and C are rebuildble but Cat C is in a worse state.

Cat D can vary from minor scratches on a stolen/recovered vehicle to every panel being dented on a vehicle which is still structually sound. Or it could be an entire electrical system failure or fire.

Martin 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #153626 Wed Jan 30 2008 9:38am
moakley

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Just done 55,000 in just under 2 years.

No trouble at all - yet - except noisy wiper blades but they were fixed with a simple rubber change.

New front discs at 50,000 but lasted 2 pads life so probably normal for these days.

Recommend

Post #155052 Fri Feb 08 2008 8:11pm
Ed Winchester

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Alaska White

I did 70k miles in my previous TDV6 and they were completely squeek and rattle free.
That's why there wasn't any doubt on my mind when I decided to got my new TDV8.
Just came back fom a trip to Austria so the ol' TDV8 obviously did its share of autobahn miles,what a car!
Get one with all the right toys and you won't be sorry. 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java/Ebony(Gone)
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8,Alaska/Alpaca,Stormers,JE Exhaust

Post #155164 Sun Feb 10 2008 12:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12