RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Cheaper diesel deal? One for the mods to arrange.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

.... but it needs to beat the 2p a litre discount I get with ASDA Wink

Post #145334 Thu Nov 15 2007 3:51pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Price at our local Sainsbury's filling station and the local Shell is back down to 99.7p (from £1.059) per litre in the last 2 days, must be a pricewar on! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #145345 Thu Nov 15 2007 5:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
skibum

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Also Shell Credit Card gives 3% rebate on all fuel (plus1% on other purchases)

If this other card gives a saving I'm in. Any idea what svaings are involved?

Cheers TDV6 HSE 2007 model, Stornoway Grey, Ivory leather,Privacy glass, Premium ICE Pack, side steps, tasmod sills, now towbar and seat covers

Post #145347 Thu Nov 15 2007 5:45pm
Gekko

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Looks like this generated loads of interest... I'm just the messenger boy, I have no idea how the system works or whether it's more competitive compared to other deals...

I assume our spokesman will be Martin or someone else with more than a million posts???? If so, call Cynthia and she'll sort out what needs doing and how members may benefit. Most of us are reptiles... only the enlightened few become human beings.

Post #145356 Thu Nov 15 2007 7:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gekko

skibum wrote:
Also Shell Credit Card gives 3% rebate on all fuel (plus1% on other purchases)

If this other card gives a saving I'm in. Any idea what svaings are involved?

Cheers

I thought people were boycotting shell following that fuel email recently??? Most of us are reptiles... only the enlightened few become human beings.

Post #145357 Thu Nov 15 2007 7:19pm
skibum

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Which email?? TDV6 HSE 2007 model, Stornoway Grey, Ivory leather,Privacy glass, Premium ICE Pack, side steps, tasmod sills, now towbar and seat covers

Post #145365 Thu Nov 15 2007 8:24pm
Gekko

skibum wrote:
Which email??

Copied and pasted this from housepricecrash.co.uk following a google search:

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading! and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take?
If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!!

Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso
 Most of us are reptiles... only the enlightened few become human beings.

Post #145418 Fri Nov 16 2007 11:55am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

So you want to avoid shell or go to shell ?!?!?! You say avoid mail says use them

Post #145425 Fri Nov 16 2007 12:43pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I think there's some sort of deal to be worked here for all of the Lewis Industries sites Wink

Martin would have to approve and run with it I suppose, given he is our esteemed leader etc. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #145438 Fri Nov 16 2007 3:17pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Tie it in with supporting the forums..................... contribute so much and get a fuel saving card? It could be a bit difficult to manage though if Lewis Industries has to open the account and then we all have a "company" card each 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #145445 Fri Nov 16 2007 3:41pm
Madg

Why do you want to boycot Shell or Bp, they are profit making organisations the same as any other company.

If you were shareholders you would want them to make a profit, yes?

The real reason petrol / diesel prices are so high is taxation, 65 to 70%.

Back in the late 90's the oil price was as low as $9 to $10 USD bbl, petrol was probably around 60p to 70p (guess) a litre.

Currently oil is trading around $90 to $100 USD bbl, so if you translate back to 90's pricing we could be paying 600p a litre.

Many companies post enviable results and I'm sure some individuals on this site are involved in organisations that also perform well, thats the goal of any business!!

Give the oil co's a break and address the real culprit, government!!

Post #145456 Fri Nov 16 2007 3:58pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Im not sure if this is going to be of any real significance really.
Each person, has to be spending at least £400 per month on each card.
We can get a group deal on this, and you get a card, and you're invoiced out at the end of each month individually, however the cost savings are approximately 1-2p per litre.. So is it even worth the hassle to be fair?

There have got to be better fuel card schemes out there then this.
Also, its only a diesel network, and you have to go to one of the 1300 sites in their network.
Checked my address, and i would have to spend around £3 in fuel to even get to the site.. So its a no go for me really.. im out i think..

Post #145480 Fri Nov 16 2007 4:32pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Hmm...all that glitters is not gold. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #145481 Fri Nov 16 2007 4:46pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Can't believe anyone would want to buy fuel from the Morrison/asda/tesco chain after all the grief they caused to loads of motorists by selling cheap sub standard fuel. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #145539 Fri Nov 16 2007 6:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12