RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Cheaper diesel deal? One for the mods to arrange.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Gekko

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Cheaper diesel deal? One for the mods to arrange.

Attention Mods and Those in Power on these Elite Forums....

Just met a chap who works for:

www.keyfuels.co.uk

I just spoke to Cynthia who is keen to arrange a consortium membership to their fuel card deal- I believe it works like a credit card which is accepted at their affiliated filling stations throughout the country. Otherwise you use their other system if ordering > 20,000 litres of diesel per month (usually HGVs).

Anyway, when I mentioned there's loads of potential customers, she asked me to get the "leader" to call and sort out a deal.

So, just doing my job.... Thumbs Up

If this is a load of crap, please ignore/delete the post and punish me. Confused Most of us are reptiles... only the enlightened few become human beings.

Last edited by Gekko on Wed Nov 14 2007 7:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #145239 Wed Nov 14 2007 7:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gekko

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Oh, and here's Cynthia's office number:

01922 704488 Most of us are reptiles... only the enlightened few become human beings.

Post #145240 Wed Nov 14 2007 7:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Gekko, the phone number's no good, we need a photo of Cynthia before we will even look at the deal...... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #145241 Wed Nov 14 2007 7:41pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Hmm interesting.. thats a good idea..
I'd be in for this.. have a new monster to feed now obviously! just for disels or can we use it for petrols too?
either way, im in..

Post #145246 Wed Nov 14 2007 8:10pm
Tim in Scotland

Don't you already get cheaper diesel for the S320 Kam, VAT free as it's a "company" car? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #145248 Wed Nov 14 2007 8:13pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

This sounds a great idea IF we can get enough of us to sign up to form a large enough customer base for them to be interested.

I'm all for it. Thumbs Up Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #145252 Wed Nov 14 2007 8:16pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

yeah this will be good

we do have all the other forums of Martin's that i'm sure will be up for this as well Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #145258 Wed Nov 14 2007 8:24pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Don't you already get cheaper diesel for the S320 Kam, VAT free as it's a "company" car?

Nah mate.. the chauffeur side of the business has been set up as a seperate entity, balanced payments as you know don't attract VAT on the monthlies, and as i use the S320 for private/personal use as well (even if its stored at a private address, HM R&C can argue its a private vehicle therefore refuse the VAT Refund) i couldn't claim the VAT for the car back.. and VAT on the juice at this stage isn't worth me getting that company registered for VAT and having to do all the quarterly returns/admin etc.. I could try it on and try and claim the VAT back for the car, but i think it worked out to: around £7800 on the car, so it would have been quite sizeable, but at this stage it would have been a very VISIBLE Vat refund request for an entity with relatively little turnover, so would have likely led to drive by's and investigation by the VAT officer in the area, and as it has had an element of personal use, i can't put this through. The next cars, won't have any personal use and will be left at the office premises/storage/on jobs, so something for the future definitely.

When the licensing etc is all in place, and we launch ichauffeur Birmingham, the next cars in the 'fleet' (fingers crossed) will be 100% company cars, therefore i will be asking the VAT man for a fat cheque back off the invoice prices of the cars hopefully.. plus the fuel.. right now.. im running it on company juice whilst on jobs, but its my company, so still coming out of my pocket so to speak.. so im in either way.. my M3 looks like its got quite an apetite for the black stuff, so any way of reducing this would be welcomed..

Post #145259 Wed Nov 14 2007 8:26pm
Tim in Scotland

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I understand that Kam! Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #145262 Wed Nov 14 2007 8:28pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Here goes you set him off now Tim RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #145265 Wed Nov 14 2007 8:33pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Well it was something i really looked into, and spent ages talking to the wonderful people at HMR&C about...
Basically, i could have done it, and 9/10 it would go unchecked and i would have a phat £8k cheque back for the VAT.. however in our experience, we have seen cases in journals etc, where by the officers have watched apparent 100% commercial use vehicles be driven in to work in the morning by the employees, and all the cars had received full VAT refund allowance, so they all got caught out.

Im not willing to risk that in my position, and because of our primary business operation looking after the tax/accountancy affairs of over 400 companies across the UK now! no way.. its not the right way of doing things.. although.. on the next cars, when i get a storage area secured at the premises and leave them overnight etc then yes i will, as they will truely be 100% company cars. If you want to use them yourselves the proper way of doing it is to invoice yourself a nominal amount, and rent it out... but you can't take the pee with this and rent it for 365 a year and say.. its a rental car, rented to me all the time, so give me the VAT back! otherwise everyone would be doing this.. including myself!

One of our guys even suggested, charge the company from my personal home address, rent for the parking space! but i thought this would be ridiculous to try and get away with.. so chose to show it as a personal car for now.. Sorry for going off on one, but you know.. FINANCE/ACCOUNTS Runs very deep with me..

Post #145270 Wed Nov 14 2007 9:01pm
Tim in Scotland

Too right Kam, no point in messing about and taking a risk with HMC, they always win in the end! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #145272 Wed Nov 14 2007 9:09pm
M3RUJ

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Very interested in cheaper fuel - please count me in Thumbs Up 2007 HSE 2.7TDV6 Silver

Post #145327 Thu Nov 15 2007 3:12pm
SteveWilliams

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Cheap fuel sounds good. Count me in

Post #145329 Thu Nov 15 2007 3:27pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'm in - sounds like the pipeline card idea but running rather than an idea Thumbs Up

Why wouldn't you be in Rolling Eyes

Post #145333 Thu Nov 15 2007 3:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>