RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > NAV.TV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

lemm

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
NAV.TV

i fitted a NAV.TV unit over the weekend and i just thought i would let you all know its very easy to install...

once you get past the removal of the interior parts to gain access to the NAV screen, its very simply. (Big thanks to Bobby's PDF's Thumbs Up ) The most difficult bit is remove the side panels so you can remove the vents either side of the screen...

to give yourself a headstart... work out where you will tap into 12V power & ground, I was OK as i tapped into the feed supplying my DVD (located inside the upper glove box).

follow the instructions supplied by NAV.TV... pausing to double check you are creating the fibre loop in the correct direction. At the end of the installation you are left with composite audio (L&R) & Video... plug in to any source and hey presto you have TV/DVD/Playstation/iPod displayed on the front screen.

Note: if quality of picture is poor, change channel using onscreen options... wasted some time yesterday trying to work out why the quality of the picture was Censored , only to find changing channel (on NAV Screen) gave me a perfect picture.

Current setup has my TV Tuner (ALPINE TUE-T200DV) output connecting directly into the NAV.TV input... and then AV1 on the TV Tuner connects to the DVD Player. ie. to watch DVD, i simply select AV on the TV Tuner Remote.

Next step is to add 'x' ipod module into AV2 on the TV Tuner which should allow for music & video to be played on the front screen (and 2 rears) from my iPod. RRS First Edition S/C, Vesuvius Orange, Rear Entertainment, Alpine TUE-T200DV, Stormer Alloys. (+ 19" MTR's for playing in the snow!)

Post #162591 Mon Mar 31 2008 10:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Nice one, lemm.... a photo journal of the install would have been good, maybe you could look at doing this for your iPod install? I'm sure loads of people would be interested to see such a thing Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #162593 Mon Mar 31 2008 10:50am
lemm

that was my original intention... but alas the weather didn't hold up (photo's looked Censored with dark skies). I'll defo put something together in the summer when the pictures will be clearer... RRS First Edition S/C, Vesuvius Orange, Rear Entertainment, Alpine TUE-T200DV, Stormer Alloys. (+ 19" MTR's for playing in the snow!)

Post #162597 Mon Mar 31 2008 11:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Thanks mate Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #162600 Mon Mar 31 2008 11:06am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Lemm, straight up, any chance I pay you £250 you could do mine for me - plus all the necc hardware/ cables etc of course - been looking to get this done for a while - even just the DVD would be great......think about it and let me know

Post #162743 Mon Mar 31 2008 1:47pm
lemm

ummm...could be a nice little earner on the side.

Only issue i have is i don't yet have a 100% way of removing pieces of trim with the potential of breaking things. Method at the moment is to pull quite hard and cross fingers. my method is fine on my car... on someone else's... ummm. Must be something i am doing wrong... looking at the clips i can see how they are pushed into place, just can't work out a safe way of removing it.

NickM, Let me do some more investigation and i will come back to you... RRS First Edition S/C, Vesuvius Orange, Rear Entertainment, Alpine TUE-T200DV, Stormer Alloys. (+ 19" MTR's for playing in the snow!)

Post #162875 Mon Mar 31 2008 9:15pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

thanks mate Thumbs Up

Post #162877 Mon Mar 31 2008 9:19pm
lemm

now where's Bobby when you need him... other than Bobby's personal PDF library, anybody have any idea as to the correct technique to removing internal trim???? RRS First Edition S/C, Vesuvius Orange, Rear Entertainment, Alpine TUE-T200DV, Stormer Alloys. (+ 19" MTR's for playing in the snow!)

Post #162878 Mon Mar 31 2008 9:28pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

sorry lemm, the PDFs only what I've got. Have not done it myself so no idea on correct technique. Sad
Lateral5 should have gone through this path but he seems to have disappeared... Rolling Eyes Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #162884 Mon Mar 31 2008 11:54pm
gadgetJunky72

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

maybe these might help...

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Trim_Removal_Tool_Set

Post #162904 Tue Apr 01 2008 9:03am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

lemm - what was the cost of the whole install? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #162907 Tue Apr 01 2008 9:36am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Good Q - will make me decide between getting a TV Tuner and DVD - or just a DVD

Post #162941 Tue Apr 01 2008 1:47pm
lemm

NAV.TV = £440.98

Alpine TV Tuner = £349.99 (reclaiming this cost back from the LR Dealer... car was sold with a tuner which wasn't installed, previous owner must have taken it with them)

DVD = around £150 (came with car so don't know exact price)

NOTE: its also worth pointing out you could install the NAV.TV unit on its own leaving 3 x phono sockets in a readily accessible place to which you can connect your own kit (ie. PS2,Xbox,Portable DVD Player)

Quote:

maybe these might help...

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Trim_Removal_Tool_Set

these might just work... let me order some stuff and i'll see what works best. By the look of one of the pieces, simple knife (blunt) might do the trick RRS First Edition S/C, Vesuvius Orange, Rear Entertainment, Alpine TUE-T200DV, Stormer Alloys. (+ 19" MTR's for playing in the snow!)

Post #162980 Tue Apr 01 2008 3:38pm
lemm

i've ordered a trim removal tool set which should be here for the weekend... i'll have a play and see if it makes the removal of trim any easier. RRS First Edition S/C, Vesuvius Orange, Rear Entertainment, Alpine TUE-T200DV, Stormer Alloys. (+ 19" MTR's for playing in the snow!)

Post #163193 Wed Apr 02 2008 5:32pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Lemm and I'm your first customer right??? At the very least can you hook up a DVD player to the front screen??

Thanks mate Thumbs Up

Post #163209 Wed Apr 02 2008 7:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>