RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > 20" Wheels & Tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

NickM

United Kingdom 

Tim they fixed that problem - I know that because i got a new RRS when they came out and they had not adapted the TDV6 to run on 20's back then, and stealer would not sell them.

But now on omy 22'' I have zero vibration - at standstill and when moving - I just notice a SLIGHTLY firmer ride - which is fine and the wheels look adorable - I just miss the extra coasting the 20's gave me. Will i change them back? probably not.......I just need to get used to it and not think about it too much!!

Post #160574 Wed Mar 19 2008 12:13pm
Diablo

I thinking of going 22". Has anyone run 295/30/22's. The rolling radius appears to be almost identical to the stock 19's...

Post #160610 Wed Mar 19 2008 4:47pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

To allow 20" wheels on 2.7TDv6's LR recommended an uprated steering rack which is now standard as far as I know. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #160629 Wed Mar 19 2008 6:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

NickM wrote:
Guys.....yes the wheels look wonderful; - but truth be told, and I have been umming and ahhing about this since the weekend - I keep thinking back to the ride on the 20 S/Charge wheels - and I do have to say I miss the smoothness of the original wheels - it just seems to glide with the previous ones, and still does with the new ones, but not all the time - any imperfections on a road seem to come thru to the car. Ok, it's not a major issue - but the smooth ride is what sold me on this car in the first place - so I might be getting my old ones back. Sounds like a lot of hassle - but I have a trip to Manchester this weekend - will see how I get on on the motorway etc. Seems a shame as they car looks incredible with them on but......

Hmmnnn, well look forward to hearing back from you next week as reading this thread is putting me off the 22" wheels and Nick has quoted me a price for 20" Stormers with Toyo tyres Confused

Anyone had much experience of Toyo tyres Question

Russell. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #160771 Thu Mar 20 2008 11:54am
bwatson

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
toyos

my toyos are look great they have the directional tread pattern and apartantly they last longer than branded tyres as they are of a harder compound!
regards
barry

Post #160817 Thu Mar 20 2008 3:25pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Japs - be sure to know that even the 20's are not OEM - news update am keeping my 22''s - they are fine......and they look beautiful!

Post #160823 Thu Mar 20 2008 4:22pm
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

NickM wrote:
Japs - be sure to know that even the 20's are not OEM - news update am keeping my 22''s - they are fine......and they look beautiful!

NickM, you will have to change your signature now then Very Happy

Still thinking of the 20" Stormers as mine rides perfect on the 20" S/C wheels but they mark so easily.

Thinking of having a go at the dealer to see if they will replace them and then pay for the upgrade to OEM Stormers Idea

Will report back as to how I get on.

Russell. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #161253 Mon Mar 24 2008 6:12pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Japs just back from doing 700 miles on my new wheels and they ride as soft as ever - must have been that fresh out of the box and new rubber syndrome - any firmness seems to have gone now - and even my wife thinks they ride as good as the 20's - and yes mine were from Chelsea Harbour - they will give you a good price on your 20's regardless of condition - so give em a call. Fich told me a few weeks ago LR were close to signing off on 22'' s but due to logistical reasons didn't. As mentioned before my stealer sells new TDV8's with 22's on them - and they would query warranty claims from new owners? i think not....even their parts department have offered to source me new 22'' stormers.

Post #161265 Mon Mar 24 2008 7:10pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

22's and a soft ride Shocked

I changed from 19's to 20's and noticed the ride get firmer - clearly you have nice smooth roads down south Rolling Eyes

Post #161266 Mon Mar 24 2008 7:12pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Kaine the roads are better up north - yes even in wales Smile But seems starnge since being back I notice it rides softer than when I first got them done - and not because I am used to it.

Wife has signed off on a new TDV8 - but still not sure I will change as I have spent 5K on mods on my TDV6....get me new Maser GTour in a few weeks so maybe purse strings will be pulled again when Mrs Nick sees the insurance and running costs!!!

Hope you're all on for the meet on the 16th of August......please all spread the word...

Post #161267 Mon Mar 24 2008 7:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12