RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Welcome to RRSPORT.CO.UK - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 362 of 379 <123 ... 361362363 ... 377378379>

gazmlrs

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Supercoops wrote:
Hi all, just 6 months in on my 1st RRS. after much reading up i plumped for a 2008 3.6 tdv8 in Stornoway grey.

Nice to have some clearly knowledgeable associates on hand to cope with the undoubtable issues i will entail along the way

Thanks Pete

Sorry I meant this one - Same! Stornoway grey 3.6 tdv8

Post #617416 Fri Sep 17 2021 8:39pm
83series3

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Hello from Me!

Hi all,

Have been using this site unregistered for a bit, whilst my brother had some problems with his RRS.......... I'll go into the back story another time, but thought I'd say hello to you all, and hoping to enjoy the knowledge share etc going forward, now that I seem to have 'inherited' his 2007 2.7 HSE.

I am most definitely a Land Rover man at heart, having owned my 1983 Series 3 since 2000, and also had 4 discoveries on the bounce between 2002 - 2012, before trying German. the Discos were fantastic cars when the kids where young etc.

Anyway, I'll have a brew, surf about on here, then will post a couple of questions if I can't find an answer to the conundrum that I currently have (the dreaded rear anti-roll bar leak)!

Initial impressions of the RRS are of a vehicle that completely removes the stresses of UK driving - my current daily is a 2018 Merc GLE 350d, which is very accomplished, but also soulless, does not have the command driving position, and won't get within about 5 MPG of the RRS. I'm about to rip the panzerwagen plaster off, and jump in with both feet to the world of 3 amigos, iCarSoft, and fault codes!!

Post #617478 Sun Sep 19 2021 10:08pm
kas982

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

hello
i have a lot of questions as a first time owner, not sure if that's a good or bad thing Laughing

Post #617838 Sun Oct 03 2021 1:20pm
Bugsy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

[hi,I am new to this site. I have always liked Range Rovers. All I’ve ever wanted really. It is used mainly at weekends and holidays pulling my caravan. I just love driving it. My two grandsons love the car.
I joined initially to have conversations with like minded people about RRS,.
I seem to have a problem with a shudder and vibration that runs through the car occasionally.it has been to the garage a couple of times but no real problem has been found other than to tell me it is thought it is the gear box. Used anti judder oil. It is a bit better.
Does anyone else have this problem. I seem to have had the same problem when I owned a Discovery.
Can anyone recognise this?
Thank you Smile t

Post #617932 Wed Oct 06 2021 12:25pm
fulltiltbrian

Kenya 

Hi all. Having recently sold my gas guzzling p38, I'm missing being a RR owner, so tomorrow I'll be hopefully purchasing a 2006 RRS 2.7 auto. I've driven it briefly and it drives well. No smoke, leaks, or anything obvious to worry about. Is there anything I should specifically look for? I know the vehicle has been very neglected so I'l be changing oils, tyres, brakes etc.

Post #618078 Wed Oct 13 2021 10:03am
Landybandy

Wales 2009 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Afternoon all. Just thought I’d introduce myself, not sure if this is the right place to do it. I did click on the introduce yourself banner & here I am. I am a present member at disco3v8.co.uk & have been for many years. Currently own a Disco 3 4.4 V8. I am currently looking into RR ownership & jumping onto the diesel scene. Been reading about the tdv6 engines. I have no finger nails left. Is it that much of a post code lottery regarding the bottom end cranks? Anyways, looking forward to a bit of chat regarding these with members at a later. For a now I will trawl through past comments. Hope to catch up soon.

Post #618154 Sun Oct 17 2021 3:53pm
Gilpin

United Kingdom 

Hi there - just moved over to RRS ownership from 24 years of Discovery ownership and membership of Disco3.com Forum - an invaluable source of information.

Post #618192 Tue Oct 19 2021 11:00am
Gilpin

United Kingdom 

I forgot to say that was 24 years of reliable and enjoyable Discovery ownership, with regular service from the Lake District's family Land Rover dealer Kentdale and Lakeland Land Rover. The Disco 5 just hasn't appealed however.

Post #618194 Tue Oct 19 2021 11:19am
Landybandy

Wales 2009 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Gilpin wrote:
Hi there - just moved over to RRS ownership from 24 years of Discovery ownership and membership of Disco3.com Forum - an invaluable source of information.

Well look at that, we’re both RRSport virgins.

Post #618207 Wed Oct 20 2021 7:36am
JoeBe30

Hi everyone,

First time post having just found this forum.

I'm currently on the lookout for a RRS 4.2 Supercharged, as I really have an itch for something to waft around in and I miss owning a V8 (Previously had a 2016 Mustang GT for 4 years from new). I've never owned a Range Rover before so I've been spending the last couple of weeks watching YouTube videos etc fact finding. I still have lots of questions but I'll save those for the right forum sections!

Currently also own an M52 converted E30 and a little Clio 197 for occasional track use which I'm currently using as a daily. I'm fed up with the bone rattling ride hence the want for something more comfortable!

Post #618256 Thu Oct 21 2021 11:07am
jovenden

United Kingdom 
New owner...

Hi all picking up a my18 p400e on Saturday. Very excited. keen to connect with others with the same engine.

cheers all,
jeremy

Post #618372 Mon Oct 25 2021 6:30pm
LesW

France 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
New member from the Loire.

Hi folks.

I've just joined the forum as I have recently bought my wife a 2015 RRS 3.0 SDV6 Dynamic in Black. It's a beauty.
I currently also own a 2010 Jaguar XFR Le Mans, running around 600bhp, as well as a trusty 2001 Volvo V70.
My fun car is a 2015 Aston Martin Vanquish which I bought on the same day as the RRS and from the same dealer in Paris.

As for me, I'm an expat from Cheshire, ex UK Forces and was also a Cop for 5 years then a Train Driver. A definite petrol head too.

I will have a couple of questions re the RRS, so hopefully will find the answers here.

Cheers. Les.

Post #618533 Sat Oct 30 2021 11:25am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Welcome, quite a collection you have there. Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #618536 Sat Oct 30 2021 12:13pm
neil12ne

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Orkney Grey

Hi All

My second Post as my first was regarding a C-Tek charger.

So here is a proper hello to all.

I am a month and 400 miles into a 2011 RRS AB 5.0SC with 60k on it. So im told its also a LE. So whats the difference as I didnt know there was such a thing.? The AB is not exactly short of bling is it.

So the first thing is to say I am very happy with my new toy. I can honestly say its changed the way I drive. Its so effortless. I have had a few tasty motors in my time but this is the most comfortable thing I have ever driven.

Second thing is I live 100 yrds from a petrol station which is probably just as well. Laughing

I have never been a fan of the later models smaller or larger im afraid. I appreciate that overall they are all better cars. Its that original Tonka Toy shape that has always done it for me. I have been looking for a few years at buying a L320. For various reasons I was either too late, the car was not up to scratch or I was not in the right position to buy one. So I waited untill one came up that was 10 years old. Some may say I am mad, stupid or just very brave so time will tell. Hopefully I wont have to re-mortgage the house to keep it going.

At the moment all is well. However I have a two concerns which maybe down to me reading far too much forum blurb but here goes. so concerns in the most worring order.

1. How much of an issue are the 5.0 timing chain tensioners.?
2. The electronic hand brake is it really a pain ? I get a squeak when in reverse when its been released.

Obviously the above didnt put me off buying one.

I am based in Merstham - Redhill Surrey so do any of you guys know or use a good inde etc not too far away?
The guy I usually use for mots etc doesnt want to know which I understand.

All help advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

Post #618582 Sun Oct 31 2021 10:56pm
LesW

France 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi Neil.

I own a 2010 XFR 5.0 S/C, so have read a lot about the timing chain issue. Thankfully, mine has the upgraded chains.
I change the oil every 6,000 miles which seems to be good practice with high performance JLR engines, it's a simple job using an oil extraction pump via the filler cap opening. The filter is a doddle to change too as it's on top of the engine.

If you Google JLR timing chain problems you will find quite a lot of info out there regarding what goes wrong with some engines. Bear in mind we usually only read the horror stories and there are thousands of these engines out there.

Enjoy the car.

Cheers. Les.

Post #618589 Mon Nov 01 2021 9:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 362 of 379 <123 ... 361362363 ... 377378379>