RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Welcome to RRSPORT.CO.UK - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 356 of 379 <123 ... 355356357 ... 377378379>

harleyman

Spain 
New one from Spain Seeking a RR or a RRS

Hi,

my name is Carlos and I´m from Spain,

many years ago I lived in Liverpool and since then I love english cars Jag, Land Rover, TVR etc je je

I´m seeking for a L322 or a RRS first series

Hope to learn as much as possible from members and I will try to give back to the forum

Post #609878 Thu Feb 11 2021 10:14pm
WexMan

Ireland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Hello All - Quick intro

Hi All,

Thanks for adding me to the forum. I have spent enough time reading posts from others and feel it's time to up the anti a little and give back some to the community.
I have a 2006 RRS V6 HSE, I got it about 8-9 months ago with 136k kms on it, and have covered about 10k kms since then.
I did own a 1984 Defender 110 commercial previously that was improved from standard as a very recent rebuild. It was good fun, but maybe not as practical or as comfortable as I would have hoped (it was a second driver).
I now use the RRS as main driver and really enjoy the comfort and versatility of it capabilities. I use it to bring the family around, as a van for whrn I go mountain biking with bike and all gear in the back (no more roof racks), it works as commuter, and generally deals with trailer pulling and DIY needs plus tons of fun in off road mode. The kids love it and therefore it almost always is the car of choice when we head somewhere at the weekend over the wife's Audi A6 Avant.
It is all standard, no modifications. I run Winter tyres on a second set of wheels for the colder season.
I'm more of a traditionalist with these sort of things, and tend to spend the cash on good maintenance and would buy a tow rope, A/T tyres or a rock slider rather than a set of bigger wheels and a bodykit. I like both by the way, just that's the way I spend my cash, and maybe because I'm old and boring? 42.
Anyways - I will add a post later with some information on Suspension system that will hopefully help others out there. It gets into the issues I had and how I solved them. Valve blocks, Compressors, and all the stuff I ruled out and why.
thanks All.

Post #610010 Mon Feb 15 2021 6:21pm
WexMan

Ireland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Hello All - Quick intro

Hi All,

Thanks for adding me to the forum. I have spent enough time reading posts from others and feel it's time to up the anti a little and give back some to the community.
I have a 2006 RRS V6 HSE, I got it about 8-9 months ago with 136k kms on it, and have covered about 10k kms since then.
I did own a 1984 Defender 110 commercial previously that was improved from standard as a very recent rebuild. It was good fun, but maybe not as practical or as comfortable as I would have hoped (it was a second driver).
I now use the RRS as main driver and really enjoy the comfort and versatility of it capabilities. I use it to bring the family around, as a van for whrn I go mountain biking with bike and all gear in the back (no more roof racks), it works as commuter, and generally deals with trailer pulling and DIY needs plus tons of fun in off road mode. The kids love it and therefore it almost always is the car of choice when we head somewhere at the weekend over the wife's Audi A6 Avant.
It is all standard, no modifications. I run Winter tyres on a second set of wheels for the colder season.
I'm more of a traditionalist with these sort of things, and tend to spend the cash on good maintenance and would buy a tow rope, A/T tyres or a rock slider rather than a set of bigger wheels and a bodykit. I like both by the way, just that's the way I spend my cash, and maybe because I'm old and boring? 42.
Anyways - I will add a post later with some information on Suspension system that will hopefully help others out there. It gets into the issues I had and how I solved them. Valve blocks, Compressors, and all the stuff I ruled out and why.
thanks All.

[img]https://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/28995/2006%20L320%20HSE%20Suspension%20Issues%20-%20Resolved.pdf[/img]

Post #610014 Mon Feb 15 2021 6:40pm
adriansj

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
New Owner and have a few questions \ possible issues

Hi All,

Just had our 3.6 TDV8 HSE 2008 over a month now and have some questions so wondering if people can help?

1 The tailgate doesn't open to well and I'm surprised for a car of this level that it's not auto opening from the key fob so can anyone tell me if this should be the case. When we press button on the tailgate it only opens a few inches and we suspect the tailgate dampers might need replacing or is this the norm?

2 First thing I had done was full gearbox flush and pan conversion to metal type because the car had never had a gearbox service before from checking it's history and has 90K on clock. I was told that this should be done going forward every 10k to 15k but this sounds a little on low side. I plan also to have oil service every 7 to 10k

Also noticed front brakes are Brembo so is this standard?

Other than these bit's just general service parts air, fuel, cabin filters etc unless anyone has other recommendations.

Thanks for all replies and advice,

Adrian Very Happy

Post #610238 Fri Feb 19 2021 5:56pm
Mender

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Adriatic Blue

Hi folks, anybody got an idea where I can find the bluetooth module on my RRS 2008, my iphone will not work when making a call, I switch the radio onto AUX and it allows me to make a call but the other person cannot hear me and I cannot hear them. I have been told its the Bluetooth Module and its a common fault, can anyone advise please.

Post #610538 Wed Feb 24 2021 4:29pm
favouriteshop

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue
Hello

Hello everyone
I've been a member on this site since I brought my RRS 2009 TDV8 in late December 2020
I have been reading posts on various topics and there seems to be a good vibe on here and some good advice too
I have had a P38 in the past and am looking forward to owning this Rangey and all the fun it brings

Post #610560 Wed Feb 24 2021 8:35pm
Wag

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Bono Estente ! Ive just bought an 05 2.7 . I was going to get another Lightweight but prices are obscene and ive always liked these.

Post #610580 Thu Feb 25 2021 12:38am
alibeau

United Kingdom 
69 Plate P400e

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello.

I used to own an Evoque when they were first launched and DH had a diesel RRS AB at the time too.

We've had quite a gap in RR ownership but have now taken delivery of a 69 plate Eiger grey P440e AB on Tuesday.

We mainly do short 6-8 mile trips so felt this model would suit us well.

So far so good, the car is particularly easy on the eye! It is strange diriving on EV only, not being able to hear the engine running etc but I'm sure we will adjust. It also felt a bit 'jerky' when not on pure EV mode, not sure if it was my diriving and also getting used to the car or the switching between EV and petrol?

Any advice please on best practice for charging the battery? do we let it run down to 0% and then charge back up to 100%?

Also what would we gain from purchasing a sim card with data on for the car? I can't get my head around how we would benefit in terms of creating a WiFi hot spot etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Ali x

Post #610582 Thu Feb 25 2021 11:31am
skwartacus

Belgium 
Hello

Hello,
I'm skwartacus and i am one lover of rrs and nice to meet you all Thumbs Up

Post #610667 Sat Feb 27 2021 2:36am
Autobiography1969

England 

Hi.. ===========================================
2012 Range Rover Sport Autobiography 3.0 SDV6 8 speed Automatic
Indus Silver with Hockenheim premium two-tone leather Ebony/Lunar,

Post #610668 Sat Feb 27 2021 2:46am
Steeph

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White
Hi.

Hi. Bought my 2011 L320 HSE LUX a few months ago. Love it. It had to have a MAP sensor changed recently but that is all. Had a D3 before this for 3 years and a P38 previously.

Post #610945 Wed Mar 03 2021 9:30pm
dazza2802

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi everyone,

just bought 2011 RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE. Waiting for it to be serviced, MOT’d And valeted and it will arrive, and like a typical bloke I want it right now ( feet stamping in progress). Very excited.

Looking forward to putting my two penneth in. ( for the youngsters on here, that means adding my comments of worth).

One question though. Are RRS owners allowed to wave to each other ??????

Post #610996 Fri Mar 05 2021 8:48am
Gazc2

United Kingdom 

Always had the urge for a RR and finally took the plunge in November with a tdv8 and not disappointed look forward to using and contributing to the forum

Cheers

Gary

Post #611054 Sat Mar 06 2021 1:39pm
Zakhan3

United Kingdom 

Hi there everybody
Love rrs but not the reliability

Post #611477 Sun Mar 14 2021 8:20pm
Kenniff

Scotland 

First RRS, coming from 3 BMW X5s.
Collected yesterday, still trying to get my head round the infotainment!
 current: RRS HST P400 engine ( 2021) Hakuba silver

Post #611631 Thu Mar 18 2021 10:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 356 of 379 <123 ... 355356357 ... 377378379>