RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Insurance cancelled on me!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I like the convenience of keyless but I also was happy with the original L320's key in the ignition barrel approach. I did also like the original's key charging system which meant no messing around changing key batteries. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #637102 Sun Nov 05 2023 9:31pm
Autobiography1969

England 

Just for clarity,
The early L320 is the cheapest to insure (has a key for ignition)
Face lift L320 is slightly more, but still in the hundreds (keyless all the way)

The earlier L494 is generally between £1k & 4k
Facelift L494 is any number the insurance company wants..

As has been said, all due to the laziness of Land Rover, and now they wont
even insure their own brand, its disgraceful..

I believe it will be the end of the brand in the long term..

Sad Big Cry JMHO ===========================================
2012 Range Rover Sport Autobiography 3.0 SDV6 8 speed Automatic
Indus Silver with Hockenheim premium two-tone leather Ebony/Lunar,

Post #637103 Sun Nov 05 2023 11:43pm
JDPRRSUK

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

There does seem to be inconsistencies though I suspect based on postcode as well as the usual driver attributes. I did all the comparison sites and best quote was with Esure but others have said they were much higher. Admiral have been suggested by some as giving low quotes but they were one of the highest for me. I think we just need to shop around and pick the one that works best as individuals.

Post #637104 Mon Nov 06 2023 1:39am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

My renewal is due beginning of December. This year I am paying £322 but present insurer AA now want £756, bearing in mind I am in sunny Scotland, so this morning I am going thro the comparison sites & its eye opening.
By mistake I entered in the reg of my Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe which has around 600bhp & worth considerably more than my Range Rover & it came in around £300. Result, then I spotted the reg number Censored so back to the search.
Over various sites it ranging from around £450 to (£5200 from Toyota insurance)
One thing to note is that the same insurer on different site has different prices, so if you find someone your happy with have a look on another site for the same one. You may find they are cheaper or not. Still hunting Thumbs Up Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #637108 Mon Nov 06 2023 12:24pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

My, basically old, RRS was c.£300 last year with LV, this year c.£500 with them. Still cheaper than others and still cheaper than Admiral wanted last year. Gave up on Adrian Flux a few years ago when they both unhelpful and relatively expensive after being good for couple of years.

The insurance is still less than the VED so I guess it's not just the insurance companies that are money-grabbing bar stewards... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #637109 Mon Nov 06 2023 1:05pm
Farmer Chalk

Just had my second London dealer inviting me to their special VIP event next week.. again offering me £10,000 off the price and cheap finance.. I told him it’s not likely to cover next years insurance so no thanks….

Post #637112 Mon Nov 06 2023 10:09pm
Grimble

United Kingdom 

My early L494 was renewed in August at £480, including business use and second driver.
I think its all down to postcode. RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #637121 Tue Nov 07 2023 12:10pm
Farmer Chalk

It would be interesting to do another on line quote now as i think this was just before the bubble burst… Sad

Post #637126 Tue Nov 07 2023 5:07pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Ok guy's the insurance is sorted. As I said in my previous post at present I am with the AA & paying £322 but renewal is £756.
So onto comparison sites, best I got was from Quotezone for £411.78 with RAC (could have got it slightly cheaper from some companies I have never heard of & sure they would be ok, but decided to stick with the RAC)
One thing I discovered was that different comparison sites give different prices for the same company & same cover as I shall list what I received
All RAC with same cover I got.
MoneySupermarket £680.61
Comparison Expert £440.50
GoCompare £598.81
Confused.com £1005.86
Direct Line after filling out all the form at the end said they were not insuring it. Surly as soon as they saw the cars make it could have declined at the start
Phoned AA gave them my best price but they only cut it to£650 goodbye AA
Do your own homework it's a minefield Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #637145 Wed Nov 08 2023 12:16pm
samd

England 

Direct Line after filling out all the form at the end said they were not insuring it. Surly as soon as they saw the cars make it could have declined at the start

...even worse here in that they sent me an email asking me to submit details: I did and they responded half a dozen pages or so later curtly saying they would not provide a quote and then sent me another email the following day 'reminding' me to apply!! 2017 3.0 SDV6 HSE

Post #637147 Wed Nov 08 2023 2:15pm
Canary

England 

******UPDATE******

Sorry for the long delay in coming back but we decided to lock the Sport away in the garage until I either changed the car or found a reasonable insurance premium "ho hum!"

Anyways i took the car to Audi Hitchin (jardine group) and was ready to exchange it when the salesman came back out of the office and declared that Jardine as a group have an embargo on buying Range Rover Sports going forward which is ridiculous.

Second time around I went to BMW in Stevenage and this time it took them 4 days to come back with a px price of £30,000 so that they could get me into a Grand coupe which is hardly a big seller in winter so i thought it would be a deal done.........Apparently not!

The offer was so low that it was a clear insult in broad daylight so i drove home rather miffed, its amazing how dealers cars remain within asking price but your car is always worthless!

Third effort,

I decided to use Motorway the national auction site to sell it outright so i took all the photos it asked for and patiently waited until monday 3.30pm for the results.........not a sausage?

Autotrader was also used at the same time as all this was happening with a purchase price of £40k (most P525 cars with poverty spec are £45k) to see if there were any bites....none.

The upshot is I found a quote by Tesco bank on Uswitch for £2650 (all other quotes were £5k upwards) so I bit their hand off. lastly I had a ghost II fitted and now Im happy that i have proofed her from theft for the time being and I will keep her until a time when replacing her makes sense, but right now the way the market is I will keep it and enjoy driving her.

later today I will call my Local Land Rover garage as apparently they are prioritising the security upgrades if you call to discuss, we shall see???

kind regards
Alex MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #637635 Mon Nov 27 2023 11:19am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

I'm flabagasted at £2.5k for insurance. Shocked But what could you have done?. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #637657 Mon Nov 27 2023 7:54pm
JDPRRSUK

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I would have been delighted with £2.5k.. ended up with nearly double that on my new RRS. Up from £560 on my MY22 Velar with same engine 😳

Post #637661 Mon Nov 27 2023 9:15pm
Canary

England 

So I called local dealers in the area regards the theft mitigation upgrade, I called Marshalls Bedford and as expected they were useless and told me I wasn't on the list that jlr had collated for vehicles my age.

I then called Milton Keynes (jardine) whom I don't have the greatest respect for due to past experiences, I was put thru to a guy in a high position and from that point the process took about an hour from getting of the phone, he did some digging around and said my car wasn't even recognised nor registered with jlr UK??

Anyways he called me back and said due to this information it's best it's booked in immediately to have this done and they wil ensure all relevant paperwork is done to have it registered.

I was stunned how helpful this gentleman was and the extra work and emails behind the scenes that were done to ensure my car was tended too. This has definitely gone some way to restore some faith that there are some good guys left working at dealers albeit few and far between. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #637757 Fri Dec 01 2023 10:31am
Mike London

Not sure why JLR don’t just add the option of using a PIN code on the touchscreen to ‘unlock’ the car before it will start. Works for mobile phones … 2014 RRS AB Santorini Black

Post #637764 Fri Dec 01 2023 6:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>