United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Rimini Red

We can do more .
can you please e mail me johnqe2@gmail.com

Post #639331 Sat Feb 03 2024 5:53am
jcchief

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Rimini Red
Re: Another Model bites the dust

Dragon31 wrote:
the same fault has just happened on my Range Rover Vogue (2016). Motor completely detached as all 3 bolts failed. Hate to think what would have happened if I'd been on the motorway or a busy roundabout. Same response from JLR, no recalls on your VIN and you're on your own!

Going to escalate with complaint and pictures on all socials - just to be a pain if nothing else. £2,500 for a new rack and 3 hours labour for a manufacturing fault seems a bit steep.

Did you keep the bolts?

Post #639332 Sat Feb 03 2024 5:58am
Farmer Chalk

RRSTDV8 wrote:
I'm surprised that LR are making this a perpetual warranty issue rather than just swapping the bolts out for decent quality items as a one off job. Surely that would be cheaper than dealing with full failures as warranty claims.

They are on the Evoque..although…

My wife’s Evoque went in for service last year and was booked in for the bolt replacement as part of the recall.. however when I collected the car the job hadn’t been done. I was told that they would not do the job because there was no stock of spare steering racks. The dealership would not entertain the works in case a bolt snapped whilst being replaced in which case they would replace the rack…
Six months later and despite multiple chasing of the dealership we are still waiting…
Having said that I am still waiting for the security recall on my 2020 SVR and live in a reasonable high risk area…
Despite being a life long LR fanatic I am starting to look at other brands now….

As an aside does anyone know if the steering rack is the same fitted to the F Pace.. neighbours car has been now out of use for the last three months after she drove through a small puddle/flood..soon after she lost all steering.. been quoted £3500 for a new steering rack! Apparently huge problem on the F Paces with water ingress on the electric rack…

Post #639336 Sat Feb 03 2024 9:56am
Cpt Jack Sparrow

Wales 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

My Wife took her Evoque into Cardiff JLR when we saw about the recall, they acknowledged the recall and booked her in within a week.

They checked the bolts and none were snapped, so replaced all of the bolts, we were told that if any of the bolts were snapped they would have replaced the whole rack as part of the recall.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up for JLR Cardiff.

Paul

Post #639337 Sat Feb 03 2024 11:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12