Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Cantona

United Kingdom 

I thought the EV range was 70miles?

Post #630488 Wed Feb 01 2023 11:51am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Just love the car btw, definitely a step up from the previous model in every way, looks better and the interior is also a nicer place to be. Can’t fault it.
That said the side steps are taking a bit of getting used to for some reason, seem to be in the way at the moment!

All in all a sublime piece of kit Cool

Post #630489 Wed Feb 01 2023 11:54am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I find with my current P400e the range varies quite a bit.

If I run in hybrid mode and let the car decide when to use EV then the achieved nis much higher and close to the JLR claimed range.

When I run in pure EV then in the Summer if I drive with very gentle acceleration and foot off when ever possible then I just about get the claimed range.

In Winter in pure EV I am lucky to get 50 - 75% of the range.

This is true of all hybrids/electric cars I am afraid, wish I could get 50 mile range with my P400e! Laughing

Roll on my P440e arriving Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #630491 Wed Feb 01 2023 12:26pm
scriv

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

Glad to here you are enjoying it after stepping out of an svr
We are only achieving 52 miles in electric in our p510e but I being told this is down to wheel size and the weather however 52 miles is more than enough for our daily commute and if we run out we have the 510 bhp to play with

Still have the replacement svr on order but can honestly say I don’t know what we will do

Post #630506 Wed Feb 01 2023 7:54pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

I was planning on ordering the new svr when available and swapping but I am not entertaining the idea now. This is by far better than what I thought and I am not missing the svr at all.
Coming to the realisation that the svr is way over the top for what you really need and all it really ever did was brought out the worst in me on the roads!
The sound is obviously sublime but I don't even miss that, I'm actually quite enjoying the quietness of my new car Cool

Post #630517 Thu Feb 02 2023 10:16am
mikef

United Kingdom 

Cantona wrote:
I thought the EV range was 70miles?

Welcome to the reality of PHEV ownership. I've just spent 2 1/2yrs with a L405 P400e and never saw anywhere near the advertised range on the dashboard whatever the temperature and certainly never achieved it in actual driving. And then when the battery charge runs out youre left with a car that weighs about 250kg more than the petrol/diesel equivalent and drives like it.

I've gone back to a D300 with my recently delivered L461 ad dont regret it for a moment

Post #630695 Thu Feb 09 2023 12:05am
Tim oop north

Re the electric range, in cold weather it won’t do the full range. And the test full range / mpg is generally never achievable in any electric vehicle - or ice vehicle either for that matter. Until my 440e arrives I am in a Volvo xc90 t8 and that only manages about 13-15 miles at the moment but 20 in the summer. And that is just about enough for most local motoring - a 440e doing 52 miles in cold weather would be excellent for me

However, I have seen quite a few people on here and pistonheads say that their 440es are getting up to 80 miles (perhaps that is rare and only in ideal conditions) and often 60-70. Of course I will hopefully find out for myself in due course. Just had an email from the dealer saying there is no build date yet (ordered September) but on target for delivery as originally informed (June to September). I hate waiting Sad

Post #630704 Thu Feb 09 2023 10:30am
Tim oop north

Oops forgot to say - mine will be on 20 inch wheels which hopefully will help Smile

Post #630705 Thu Feb 09 2023 10:31am
bimjim

United Kingdom 

Tim oop north wrote:
Just had an email from the dealer saying there is no build date yet (ordered September) but on target for delivery as originally informed (June to September). I hate waiting Sad

I just had the same update, probably from the same dealer (I ordered in June). I too hate waiting.

Post #630709 Thu Feb 09 2023 11:12am
mikef

United Kingdom 

Apropos nothing in particular, I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said that new Defender deliveries were now down to 3 months (which may account for the Defender ads now appearing on TV). Not sure whether that is all Defender models but hopefully that is a precursor to deliveries on all L-R cars coming down in the future

Post #630712 Thu Feb 09 2023 11:37am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

After having mine for about 3 weeks I can categorically say that this car is streets ahead of the previous model, so refined now, really impressed with her Cool

Post #630954 Mon Feb 20 2023 3:56pm
garrycol

Australia 

But she has a bit fat ugly ass - the one was better. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #630957 Mon Feb 20 2023 4:17pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Quote:
After having mine for about 3 weeks I can categorically say that this car is streets ahead of the previous model, so refined now, really impressed with her Cool

I've had my AB D300 for about 4 weeks now but I only partially agree with you

Yes the new RRS is pleasant to drive. The D300 engine in my car is surprisingly grunty and smooth with it too and it is already more economical than I was expecting. No regrets over not specifying the P440e drivetrain as I originally did. Overall the mechanical refinement is excellent. The ride overall is also very good but my car does crash a bit on sharp potholes even though it has 21" wheels but thats probably just an inherent characteristic of air suspension. OK its never going to be sporty but it steers around corners far better than my previous galleon in a storm handling L405. And a big plus point for me is the increased rear seat legroom. Because I have long legs I always have the drivers seat set almost as far back as it goes and the old RRS was more like a 2+2 as a result rather than a full size SUV but the new RRS is a genuine 4/5 seater even with me driving and they havent skimped on boot space to achieve that either

The big negative point for me so far is the wind noise from around the A pillars and judging by other internet reports I'm not the only one who is complaining about that. Not only that but the small fixed quarterlight window looks like a design afterthought and it creates a bit of a blind spot especially with the Meridian speaker stuck on its inside. The seat controls are now split between the door panels and the Pivi Pro screen which is a right PITA when I am carrying a passenger because I have to give them a tutorial on Pivi Pro every time somebody new gets in the car. Talking about seats there is no longer a separate adjustment for the upper part of the backrest as there was on the old RRS AB. And then there the seatbelt buckles which cannot be adjusted up and down which means that in my car one or more buckles are constantly rattling against the plastic panel covering the mechanism. Did nobody test drive this car before launch? Last bad point is the panel covering the spare wheel space. There are only a couple of tiny straps to lift it which makes lifting it difficult and there is no way of hinging it open and on my car there is nothing securing it at the forward end. Not acceptable for a near £100k car

I guess this is a typical L-R launch model then. Underneath is a great car trying to get out but blighted by a few irritating features not commensurate with a car costing this much

Post #630958 Mon Feb 20 2023 4:38pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Can't say i've noticed any wind noise.

And re the arse, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but i'd say its a million times more sexy than the last REALLY outdated backside...

Post #630965 Mon Feb 20 2023 5:37pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Youre lucky if you havent noticed the wind noise as there have been a fair few comments on other forums about it. It tends to appear at motorway speeds ie above 50-60mph and for me it does spoil an otherwise serene driving environment

Post #630966 Mon Feb 20 2023 5:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>