RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L461) > No Meridian 3D sound system EVEN on AB?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

DRW

Wales 

Hi Chunk

As I already have experience of a new RRSport, I will add that you should carefully check the bodywork for damage repairs, my new car had been damaged and repaired, I was so disappointed that I sold it, then my helpful dealer Sinclair Landrover, their franchise manager called me, accusing me of being a motor trader and just profiteering, totally ignoring the reason that I had sold it and threatening me with court action ??

This JLR franchise manager fromSinclair told me that there are a number of damaged vehicles being delivered by Solihull they are working at pace to get vehicles out, this rush is causing issues such as damage ???

So maybe when you collect your new pride and joy take off the rose coloured glasses and examine the bodywork?

Shocked

Post #628419 Mon Nov 21 2022 9:28pm
laser2006

United Kingdom 

Rowdie wrote:
Are you sure that we would ever have got the noise cancelling features and speakers in the headrests on the Meridian 3-D? I thought that was only with the signature sound system

Not 100% sure, but was told about these features from the sales guy,

Post #628421 Mon Nov 21 2022 9:44pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

DRW wrote:
Hi Chunk

As I already have experience of a new RRSport, I will add that you should carefully check the bodywork for damage repairs, my new car had been damaged and repaired, I was so disappointed that I sold it, then my helpful dealer Sinclair Landrover, their franchise manager called me, accusing me of being a motor trader and just profiteering, totally ignoring the reason that I had sold it and threatening me with court action ??

This JLR franchise manager fromSinclair told me that there are a number of damaged vehicles being delivered by Solihull they are working at pace to get vehicles out, this rush is causing issues such as damage ???

So maybe when you collect your new pride and joy take off the rose coloured glasses and examine the bodywork?

Shocked

I appreciate the heads up re your car and potential issues with damage. My car is going to the detailer for a full correction and gyeon coatings before i take delivery of it. I know the detailer really well so i will ask him to be thorough when analysing the paint for correction. Did you get another car in the end?

Post #628431 Mon Nov 21 2022 10:47pm
John robinson

United Kingdom 

DRW wrote:
Hi Chunk

Shocked

Is this 100% accurate ? I genuinely struggle with the whole narrative here. Even the rushing the build part is totally at odds with everything we’re hearing as production is painfully slow with some staff being sent home due to lack of parts and work.

May I ask where the £amaze was on the vehicle and how you found it ?

Post #628435 Tue Nov 22 2022 9:09am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

DRW wrote:
their franchise manager called me, accusing me of being a motor trader and just profiteering, totally ignoring the reason that I had sold it and threatening me with court action ??

My response would be "go ahead, try". If you've bought the car then it's yours to do with as you wish. If you decide to sell it then that's none of his business. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #628437 Tue Nov 22 2022 10:08am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

DRW wrote:
I know the detailer really well so i will ask him to be thorough when analysing the paint for correction. Did you get another car in the end?

Is "detailer" an up market name for car cleaner ? Whistle

Post #628438 Tue Nov 22 2022 11:11am
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Well Brian there is a ‘car cleaner’ just around the corner from my work, i could just give him a tenner and let his long handled car wash brush loose on my new sport, save myself a fortune!

Post #628526 Thu Nov 24 2022 1:17pm
DRW

Wales 

Hi

What part are you struggling with ??

That the car was supplied damaged repaired ?

The excuse from the JLR Franchise manager was an explanation, for the vehicle supplied by Solihull with damage, repaired.
He did not really care about the fact that my new pride and joy had been delivered to myself in this state, he just wanted to ensure that Sinclair Land Rover was not to be held responsible .

I have pics and video of the damage repair but only one pic shows the botch, unfortunately I have uploaded others and they are cropped?
Any ideas ?

I was employed as bodyshop foreman in an Audi Bodyshop.

Post #628556 Thu Nov 24 2022 10:04pm
John robinson

United Kingdom 

Hi DRW, The part I was struggling with was the franchise manager and what he said to you and how he treated you. Really poor.

I’d have been gutted i your position too.

Post #628560 Thu Nov 24 2022 10:53pm
DRW

Wales 

As I have been banned from the dealership and all Sinclair dealerships for raising issues and selling my car, they have lost a loyal customer of some 25 years, obviously they are still under the illusion that the mad situation with used and new cars is going to carry on, so they do not care about losing loyal customers as there doors are being battered down with new customers prepared to over pay for used vehicles and accept a premium on a new car?

Everyone in the real world can see that the bottom has fallen out of the used car prices and new vehicles are finally appearing, although the dealers keep the myth of supply shortages to keep consumers on the hook, speaking to a dealer today she admitted that there are a few RRSports becoming available as customers are pulling out of the purchase ??

Post #628562 Thu Nov 24 2022 11:12pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I am test driving a P510e AB next week, is there a quick and easy way to check which audio system is fitted? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #628656 Mon Nov 28 2022 3:13pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 
Meridien 3d 825 news ?

Has anyone heard from a Dealer if this is likely to be reinstated at some point soon ?

I am keen to know if anyone has heard when it might be available again ?. An AB with a standard Hifi isn't an AB really is it ! Smile

Post #629751 Sun Jan 08 2023 8:51pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 
Meridien 3d 825 news ?

Meridien 3d 825 news ?

Has anyone heard from a Dealer if this is likely to be reinstated at some point soon ?

I am keen to know if anyone has heard when it might be available again ?. An AB with a standard Hifi isn't an AB really is it ! Rolling with laughter

Post #630520 Thu Feb 02 2023 11:40am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Not yet!

I was called last week and told I had to accept the Meridian Surround for my AB or the delay will be undetermined. If I accept, then he said my September 1st delivery date is ok. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #630530 Thu Feb 02 2023 6:45pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 

Hi Dave. Thanks for that. What did you decide to do?.

Post #630532 Thu Feb 02 2023 7:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>