RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Couple of Minor Issues RRS 55 plate.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Brian Considine

United Kingdom 
Couple of Minor Issues RRS 55 plate.

Hope I've posted in the correct section.

Now into the 3rd week of running my 55 plate RRS HSE & coming from a Vogue L322 find it's a very different vehicle - I do miss the analogue clock from the Vogue though !

I've realised that the front end may have been upgraded - no issues as such but is there a way to disable the cornering lights ? I simply hate them.

Also, the seat adjustment will not angle the drivers seat back from the switch - is this simply the switch or the ECU ?
(the motor works if I move the back forward & then use the memory function).

Also, could do with a reversing camera - any suggestions please ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post #625634 Sat Jul 23 2022 9:15am
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Yes, the RRS is a whole other animal from the RR.

Should have gotten a 2010+ if you like the analogue clock. I rarely look at it, but it’s a nice centerpiece on the dash. Also like the lack of about 100 buttons on the dash as well.

Disabling the cornering lights may take some effort. The IID tool might be able to program them out, but not sure. Otherwise 35w load resistors in place of the bulbs, but I imagine they’ll get pretty hot so need to insulate them so they don’t melt any plastic. Otherwise you’ll get bulb errors on the dash. Or see if somebody with JLR-SDD diagnostics software can turn off the bulb error messages and just remove the bulbs. I have my bulb error messages turned off since most of the bulbs that go out are now LED and I check my lights fairly regularly anyway as an old habit.

As for the seat, sounds like a switch issue. I’d start testing there since it should be fairly easy. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #625636 Sat Jul 23 2022 9:56am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

Thanks, looks like I may need to find a good Indy in my area (East Kent) to switch off the cornering lights.

I used to use Discovery Garage at Whitstable but they have recently retired.

Today, still minus the towbar itself thanks to the couriers I thought I'd check my towbar wiring/sockets as I was under the impression that the RRS was already wired up, so off with the cover & I found a newish 13pin socket, so £15 later for an adaptor all the trailer lights working except the reversing lights & I'm not too sure about the leisure battery charging either.

When connected the indicators continually flicker (all the trailer lights are LED) but they flash correctly - if this the bulb monitoring ? (load resistors are fitted) & can this be turned off or will I need extra resistors ?

Sorry to be a pain.

Post #625647 Sat Jul 23 2022 9:21pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

So the cornering lights only come in while Corning or on all the time ? Just take the bulbs out.

Yes the car is checking if a trailer is coupled up. And hence flashing the leds. Ppl fit relays to trailer. See below. Or other methods.
https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/discovery-3...+indicator

Reversing lights wont work thru one 7 pin socket

Post #625648 Sat Jul 23 2022 9:51pm
Devon Z

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

The cornering lights never worked on mine so I’ve installed Led bulbs and rewired as DRL’s. Steve

2005 2.7 TDV6 HSE, ongoing project.
1998 Volvo V70 R auto FWD, mothballed future project.
1999 BMW Z3 (owned from new) garage queen.

Post #625649 Sat Jul 23 2022 10:28pm
skid1963

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Brian Considine wrote:
Thanks, looks like I may need to find a good Indy in my area (East Kent) to switch off the cornering lights.

Try Ansells Service Centre in Lydd
Used them a few times, Jason and Dan are ex JLR so they know what they're doing and reasonable for price too 2006 L320 4.2 Supercharged
2009 BMW X5 M-Sport - Gone
2007 L320 2.7TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue - Gone
2011 Jaguar XFS 3.0V6 Diesel - Gone
2009 (59) L320 Facelift 3.0TDV6 HSE White Wrap - Gone
2008 BMW X5 M-Sport - Gone
2005 Audi A6 3.2V6 Quattro S-Line - Gone

Post #625651 Sat Jul 23 2022 11:49pm
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Cornering lights should come on with turn signals or while driving under a certain speed coupled with the steering wheel turned a certain amount. I believe driver side comes on later in steering wheel turn than passenger side. I like mine, but I tend to drive through small villages and on country roads where lighting can be few and far between. There have been a few instances where my car lights are the only lights visible in any direction as far as I can see. It’s almost a light show with the adaptive headlights, cornering lights and auto high beams doing their thing.

Hopefully you got a proper wiring kit for the trailer socket. I spotted taillight errors coming up in JLR-SDD, but didn’t think much of it initially since they always worked fine. Decided to switch the rear reverse and fog bulbs for Osram LEDs and found somebody who should never be allowed to touch electronics got loose in there. Indoor home electric connectors and wire, one plug had been completely cut off and bodged together with connectors, the other had three wires bodged with connectors, just a nightmare. When I removed the socket water poured out of it, all the contacts and wires were corroded at the socket and the connectors used at the taillight plugs. Ripped out all the trailer wiring mess, cleaned and soldered all the wires back together and used heat shrink with sealant on everything followed by taping the wiring back up. No more taillight errors in JLR-SDD. Will get a Brink wire harness that plugs into the factory harness like it should in the near future.

Not sure I’d use cornering lights as DRLs. The light projects to the sides, not much going forward. Kind of defeats the purpose. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #625652 Sun Jul 24 2022 8:42am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

Andy K wrote:
So the cornering lights only come in while Corning or on all the time ? Just take the bulbs out.

Yes the car is checking if a trailer is coupled up. And hence flashing the leds. Ppl fit relays to trailer. See below. Or other methods.
https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/discovery-3...+indicator

Reversing lights wont work thru one 7 pin socket

Double checked the cornering lights & they only seem to work at low speeds so I can live with that.

Thanks for the link - looks like a couple of relays & a little time to fit.

Post #625654 Sun Jul 24 2022 8:54am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

skid1963 wrote:
Brian Considine wrote:

Try Ansells Service Centre in Lydd
Used them a few times, Jason and Dan are ex JLR so they know what they're doing and reasonable for price too

Thanks, pity they are so far from a station (if I have to leave the car).

Post #625655 Sun Jul 24 2022 8:55am
karlos01

England 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

cornering lights on my 2006 plate sport comes on when I do less than 20-30mph
did look in to having it disabled but it all part of the adaptive light system

Post #625656 Sun Jul 24 2022 9:18am
Karlp606

Re: Couple of Minor Issues RRS 55 plate.

Brian Considine wrote:
Hope I've posted in the correct section.

Now into the 3rd week of running my 55 plate RRS HSE & coming from a Vogue L322 find it's a very different vehicle - I do miss the analogue clock from the Vogue though !

I've realised that the front end may have been upgraded - no issues as such but is there a way to disable the cornering lights ? I simply hate them.

Also, the seat adjustment will not angle the drivers seat back from the switch - is this simply the switch or the ECU ?
(the motor works if I move the back forward & then use the memory function).

Also, could do with a reversing camera - any suggestions please ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

For the seat issue there switch panel is just screwed onto the plastic seat valance , there's 2 pins at the top that pop out then its 4/5 torx screws holding the seat button controller and its just connected with a long connector - just double check no wires are loose on it - you can buy the seat button controllers quite cheap from ebay also.

Post #625660 Sun Jul 24 2022 11:38am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

Thanks - I'll have a look.

Post #625679 Mon Jul 25 2022 9:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1