RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Intermittent EAS Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Josh95

Northern Ireland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black
Intermittent EAS Fault

I very rarely use the EAS controls in the car to move it up or down. Decided to give it a go recently, as it had been a while since I raised and lowered the vehicle and it makes the thing look even more impressive. The vehicle seems to raise fine, but when bringing it down to either the standard height or access mode, I would sometimes get the Suspension Fault amber error or most of the time, the car would go into the super suspended mode. I'd have to press the button again to lower the car, but it eventually does it (probably something to do with the height sensors).

I looked on the 4x4 info screen, and everything seems to be fine. Whenever the amber alert appears, I restart the car, and everything is back to normal. Sometimes the fault quickly disappears and I'm able to lower it again. I never receive any alerts regarding the EAS when driving, only when operating the controls to lower the car.

This doesn't always happen, only intermittently. Very rarely, when I leave the car parked, for a long time without using it (usually over a day) I would come outside and the back end of the car has lowered itself into access mode. But as soon as I start the engine it will raise back into the normal position. Is this normal?

I've recently had issues with the Engine Monitoring Level fault. It used to plague me constantly when I started the engine, but this error hasn't popped up in a month now and I'm able to get an oil reading, whereas before I couldn't. I'm guessing this error would have been in relation to the battery maybe needing replaced?

Keen to know if anyone else has this issue with the air suspension? Would this be a battery issue, or should I consider getting the air compressor replaced? The car is ten years old, and to my knowledge, is still running on original airbags, battery and compressor.

Any thoughts?

Post #624026 Tue May 03 2022 8:03pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The issue where it doesn't lower and instead extends is often caused by the EAS exhaust valve not working properly. The system says "hey, lower" and when it doesn't see the ride height lowering it assumes a grounding issue so raises to allow you to clear the obstacle. It doesn't know about the valve sticking. The exhaust valve is usually considered a non-serviceable part inside the compressor but there was a post on here where someone did repair it.

The sinking of one end could be a leak. You need to disable the EAS system by pulling the appropriate fuses and see if it still sinks.

If the compressor is original, it's possible the desiccant has got out in to the air pipes and then caused some local issues with corner valves and / or the exhaust valve.

As for the other issue, you'll need to check the battery voltage when off and when running. If you have tow electrics, check it through the permanent feed pins - that way you don't "wake up" the car by unlocking it. Waking it up will obviously give a slightly lower reading as it's drawing from the battery. If no tow electrics, then just open the car and check the battery at the terminals. Check it several hours / next day after a drive, not immediately afterwards - there is a build up of surface charge in the battery that will give an erroneous high reading if checked straight away. Once you have an "off" reading, check with the engine running to see what the alternator is giving you. You want to see 14V+ when running.

A full battery is around 12.7V+, anything less than 12.2V is starting to get too low really for a happy RRS. A smart charger might be a good option if the car isn't given decent runs when used. If it really is on a 10 year old battery then it's doing very well. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #624029 Wed May 04 2022 2:03pm
Kitchenfitter

United Kingdom 

I have similar issue but being sorted next week. Apparently the filters can be changed but will know more next week RRS HSE DYNAMIC 2015 ODESSEY RED

Post #624031 Wed May 04 2022 4:48pm
Josh95

Northern Ireland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

How did you get on?

Post #624393 Fri May 20 2022 11:09pm
Kitchenfitter

United Kingdom 

Still waiting as i am having timing belt done to. But the belt is on back order so car is at the garage with no timing belt, should be in stock 30th so should lnow more then 🤔 RRS HSE DYNAMIC 2015 ODESSEY RED

Post #624394 Sat May 21 2022 4:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1