Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > FIXED! ARC Suspension Fault - C1119 Hydraulic pressure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

blueraccoon

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
FIXED! ARC Suspension Fault - C1119 Hydraulic pressure

Hi All

Bought a 2006 4.2 SC RRS a fortnight ago which I am loving aside from a recurring red suspension light warning. Car is fine when it is cold until about 15 mins of driving and then the warning light kicks in which refuses to go away.

No knocks, bangs or other noises are present and car drives fine.

Bought a iCarsoft LR V2.0 and this is showing a C1119 fault code. If the code is reset while the car is running, there is a clunk from somewhere and the error returns immediately.

Fluid in the ARC reservoir looked very dirty and black. I have changed the filter in the valve block under the driver's door today, removed some of the dirty reservoir fluid and topped it back up with some of the Westway ACE fluid. The existing filter looked almost brand new and the fluid from the valve block looked clear, which is weird as the fluid in the reservoir was black.

Have been under the car and no leaks from either front or rear hydraulic bars. No leaks from pipes.

Service history shows that the pesky red light was a problem back in 2018 and the pressure sensor on the valve block was changed to remedy this.

Not sure what to do next. Am assuming that the likely culprits would be either the valve block or the pump. Anyone have any ideas and is it worth springing for an IID tool to narrow the problem down?

Cheers

Last edited by blueraccoon on Wed Oct 20 2021 7:07pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #618134 Fri Oct 15 2021 8:17pm
J50nmw

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

Hi I had exactly the same problem on my 4.2 supercharged 2005 and it was the pressure sensor on the side of the valve block I brought it back in Feb 2020 but the advert is still on ebay as per below its tough to change had to use a trimmed socket and then a spanner cut short to do it back up as the main pipes in the side of the block are slightly in the way
I've popped the link below this fits in the side if the block under driver side toward the front side
Finger crossed that makes sense
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-Land-Ro...635-2958-0

Post #618144 Sun Oct 17 2021 12:07am
J50nmw

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

Here's a link to a valve block and it shows the sensor fitted in the side of the block on the second picture its the one on the left with the grey plug and wiring still on it to give you a idea of where it is

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-rover-disc...635-2958-0

I was having the exact same c119 fault and in the launch reader at the time I have an x431 it was showing a pressure spike when the c119 fault showed red light on the dash and suspension fault

I did the same as you changed the fluid and the filter ironically someone had removed my filter in the block altogether which was an indicator someone had messed with it before I brought it but since changing it it's been fine ever since

Fingers crossed that might help and the iid tool i have since brought has come in very handy and I'm sure most people on here will confirm the same well worth the money

Kind rgds

Post #618145 Sun Oct 17 2021 12:18am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

That's a good price if they are genuine L/R, bought from a Stealer and you won't get much change out of £200.00. Just for reference L/R part no. is RQH500020

Cheers
Col

Post #618146 Sun Oct 17 2021 12:28am
blueraccoon

That's really helpful. Thanks very much. Will get one of these, fit it and report back.

Cheers

Post #618156 Sun Oct 17 2021 5:11pm
blueraccoon

Ordered the sensor on the recommendation of J50nmw on Sunday and spent some time last night trying to loosen the old one off. Is a bit of a pain to get to but eventually got it loose by using a 27mm deep socket trimmed both ends and with the shoulder ground down.

Sensor turned up today and got it in and tightened it up using a cut down 27mm spanner. Lost a minimal amount of ACE fluid.

Took the beast for drive for about 30 mins and no red light and or bong. It would come on without fail no longer than 15 mins before. I thought this solution might work as previously I used to get the same pressure spike showing on my iCarsoft before the red light came on as described above.

Extremely happy to have sorted this for just under £50 for the sensor. Massive result - thanks J50nmw - really grateful! Thumbs Up

Post #618236 Wed Oct 20 2021 7:07pm
Pastie4604

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey

All, any ideas where to get an ACE Block pressure Sensor as no one seems to have a new one in stock, there are some 2nd hand ones around on eBay but I’d rather go with a new one? Thanks

Post #620564 Tue Jan 04 2022 11:16pm
Mccolganm4

I know this a bit of an old thread but does anyone know if the link is still to the right part? It looks like a brake pressure sensor.
Thanks

Post #624783 Tue Jun 14 2022 8:55am
Nilrem280

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Nara Bronze

I think it may be RQH500020.

Post #624793 Tue Jun 14 2022 9:34pm
Mccolganm4

Yeah that is the LR part number but it is not in the listing. I've took a punt and ordered 1(they accepted £50) I'll update when it arrives

Post #624800 Wed Jun 15 2022 9:58am
Mccolganm4

For anyone wondering, the linked sensor was the correct sensor to replace my ACE valve block pressure sensor.

Post #624834 Thu Jun 16 2022 6:16pm
Micaleff

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Chawton White

Mccolganm4 can you please send me a link of the sensor yu have bought? I am new to this forum and have excaty the same erorr codes showing on 2013 L320

Dynamic Response Module - C1119-09 Hydraulic Pressure - Component Failure

I have so far changed the front ACE pipes, The Hitachi type Suspension Compressor and Pressure Switch and bled the system few times but this pesky red light keeps coming back even though most of it is new.

As I got this cheap enough so I don't mind spending another £50 if that is what is needed.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Post #635236 Tue Aug 22 2023 11:06pm
Mccolganm4

Unfortunately that listing has ended. It was listed with a part number of 55cp13-02 which seems to come up as VW brake pressure sensor when searched on eBay now. They look the same to me but it's been a while since I done the job. They do look to be available for about £20 now though so probably worth a go. Good luck

Post #635253 Wed Aug 23 2023 6:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1