RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > A question asked many times
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Sjp32

United Kingdom 
A question asked many times

I’ve just taken a P400e out and loved it. So I’m going to order a HSE Dynamic Black. I have a couple of choices do I spec my own car I’m only considering adding the 360 cameras and maybe HUD quoted 22 weeks delivery but it seems that may slip. Or do I order one fro a dealer that has some pre specced vehicles coming through that are basically standard spec 15 week delivery. The trouble is using man maths the options list is really attractive but in reality how much do u use any of it. Just some advice please with the delivery times etc. I’m new to a RRS

Post #615174 Sat Jun 26 2021 7:12am
rickshaw

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Options are clearly a matter of personal choice! To date I have owned 4 Sports and specified 360 cameras on 2 of them. In reality I never used them! On one occasion I certainly SHOULD have taken advantage of having them as I managed to side swipe a bollard while reversing into a tight parking space - but I didn't!! I have recently ordered my next Sport and decided not to bother with the 360 cameras....
I have no experience of the HUD option but personally do not feel it is worth the extra cost.
Good luck with your choices. Whatever you decide I am sure you will enjoy your new RRS!!

Post #615175 Sat Jun 26 2021 8:41am
Kot

I was always against HUD till I witnessed it first hand. Now I think HUD is fantastic, even shows Nav junctions and speedo/Gap etc you have to have dynamic cruise as well It would be my No1 extra. And adaptive headlights just blow me away lol

Post #615176 Sat Jun 26 2021 9:28am
Ash3

United Kingdom 

I have HUD on my 2016 reg RRS.

I think it is a good feature, you won't miss it if you never had it, but once you have you realise how useful it is seeing your speed and SAT nav info projected into you line of sight, so you don't have to look down to check speed etc.

The 360 degree camera is not the best, but one feature I do use frequently and find very useful is the kerbside view. Really helpful when parking, especially next to high kerbs. Really good for helping to avoiding the dreaded kerbing of wheels.

If nothing else that alone is very useful feature of the 360 degree camera.

Post #615179 Sat Jun 26 2021 1:19pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Kot wrote:
I was always against HUD till I witnessed it first hand. Now I think HUD is fantastic, even shows Nav junctions and speedo/Gap etc you have to have dynamic cruise as well It would be my No1 extra. And adaptive headlights just blow me away lol

Yup love adaptive headlights and adaptive cruise control is fantastic too. Thumbs Up

Post #615180 Sat Jun 26 2021 1:21pm
harisson

Switzerland 

Hello Sjp32

As mentioned, the options are a personal taste of choice.

In March I have ordered a HST also with HUD and 360 camera
In 2010 I bought my first "HUD car" and I don't want to miss it. In my personal opinion it's a good option and you don't need look on the instrument cluster etc.

360 camera:
I didn't want to order my HST without it. It's also a "must have" for my wife

Now, it comes: the 360 camera are affected by the chip-shortage.
Ordered on 24th of March and delivery should be in July. My dealer offered my to opt out the cams with a possible delivery in August (without guarantee) or to keep the cams with the knowledge, that my car mybe will not arrive in this year....

I am surprised with your info about 22 weeks. That would be in August for me and would be perfect! Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #615183 Sat Jun 26 2021 1:47pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

360 Degree Cameras will push out the delivery date to more than 22 weeks, consider foregoing them and you might get a build slot.

Post #615185 Sat Jun 26 2021 1:48pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I have just ordered a P400e this from Exeter and have been quoted end of October for delivery.
I opted out of the 360 cameras as I do not think they are that good on the Sport. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #615186 Sat Jun 26 2021 3:37pm
Farmer Chalk

Had three L494 RRS’s now….

All of which had 360 cameras, HUD, self park….

Never used them because they were too much of a faff…. The HUD was ok but I don’t miss it at all…

The only options that are a must have for my next one…

Heated steering wheel, heated seats, blind spot mirrors, and speed limit detection…

All the rest you don’t need…. Very Happy Very Happy

Post #615194 Sat Jun 26 2021 10:15pm
Marv11

United Kingdom 
Re: A question asked many times

Sjp32 wrote:
I’ve just taken a P400e out and loved it. So I’m going to order a HSE Dynamic Black. I have a couple of choices do I spec my own car I’m only considering adding the 360 cameras and maybe HUD quoted 22 weeks delivery but it seems that may slip. Or do I order one fro a dealer that has some pre specced vehicles coming through that are basically standard spec 15 week delivery. The trouble is using man maths the options list is really attractive but in reality how much do u use any of it. Just some advice please with the delivery times etc. I’m new to a RRS

Hi, got my RRS 3 weeks ago and still love it. I came from a BMW and Merc before that. Its my first time in RRS - I would say the surround camera is awful compared to BMW, but I still wouldn't be without it.

I didn't spec HUD which I had with BMW - I didn't as it didn't look great in the screen shots, but I wished I had done. I have been for a fairly long drive this weekend and I think it would have been useful.

I was really really lucky, I ordered in March and I think I was prob really fortunate not to have my car delayed. However, I still think I would accept a delay to get the right kit as I would keep the car for 3-4 years, so another 10 weeks delay, I would probably accept.

However, as others have said, additional options are very much individual cboice.

Post #615218 Sun Jun 27 2021 9:17pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

With options, the only sensible thing to do is chose the options YOU want and YOU will use. Options add next to nothing / nothing to the value at sale time. Everyone has their own must have / must not have option preferences so trying to second guess them is pointless. Spending lots of money on a new car and specifying it for the next owner is just bizarre. Sure, weird colour combinations won't help it to sell, but other than that it's all much the same.

For example, many people want sunroofs / pano roofs. Me? I'm not a fan so it wouldn't sell it to me. I am a fan of the adaptive cruise control so I'd be happy to have that. Others don't like adaptive cruise control.

Buy what you want, not what other people think is a good thing to have. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #615220 Sun Jun 27 2021 9:53pm
Eagle77

England 

Very true - spec the options you want / will wish you had if you don't. The base Dynamic black has lots on it already like the sunroof/tints which would personally be a must for me.

I had to do a factory order as needed 7 seats so had plenty of time to persuade myself I needed more extras!
360 camera is ok but not as good as on other cars I have had
Multicolour ambient lighting is a bit meh but I have only had my car three weeks and not driven it in the dark yet.
I wouldn't buy another car without the adaptive cruise and safely system (drive pack pro) which works well but that's my personal preference and one of those things that if you use regularly then not having it anymore would be a big backwards step.

Unless you have any specific things you must have then I would suggest going for a stock if poss as who knows how long a new factory order will actually be especially given the base spec on the black edition is already pretty good. MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #615246 Mon Jun 28 2021 4:07pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Sjp

I have just taken delivery of mine 14 weeks from order to delivery, standard car only extra I added was opening pano roof, my third RRS, in my opinion these are well specked as standard & I have personal leased mine so you pay the extras over your term. I reckon even if I got a £10k discount which was available in March when I ordered mine, that I have still saved around £15k over the 3 years period of the lease against a pcp deal even with the £10k discount mentioned above, which I think you’ll struggle to get now.

Mine is a p400e, this does 75% of our normal weekly driving on electric only so fuel costs should reduce dramatically, very please with the car overall.

Malc

Post #615259 Tue Jun 29 2021 10:18am
Sjp32

United Kingdom 

Lovely car and I’m just about to press the button on one, no options, base spec which is pretty well loaded anyway. Can’t wait!!!

Post #615367 Thu Jul 01 2021 10:22pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

SJP32,

Which button are you about to press, my favourite is the heated steering wheel Laughing

atb
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #615371 Fri Jul 02 2021 10:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>