RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New 2021 Keyless Entry Theft Concern
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

pjbracer1

England 

Most of the time mine is in a garage at the back of the house and there isnt much passing by as its a dead end, but if I park out front most of the time there isnt parking directly out front so park outside someone elses so not sure what happens then! Im guessing they just try several houses maybe!

There was a bit on the BBC Watchdog show the other night about it, I think if key are left in a box with no signal then an opportunist will be scuppered but a pro tea leaf will happily break and in and ferret around and even if the alarm is going off Im not sure I want to face a CHAV with a screw driver or knife when Ive just been woken up. I generally leave my keys on a chest in the middle room of the house so if they did get in they just grab and go!

I think the idea of a sensor in the key so that when its stationary keyless is off is a good idea which i think the newer ones have, maybe this is something LR or another tech compnay could offer as a retro fit for the older keys.

I like the keyless on approach but I always use the lock button on exit! Ive been caught out before with my older car! thought it was locked and came to it in the morning when id parked outside the one time and found sunglasses and a set of bolt croppers gone, and the sunglasses were very hard to get hold of!

I think a key box near the door works, surprises they havent integrated a small cam in the b pillar to use face recog instead or fingerprint scanners on the door handles (im sure Ford have doen this) If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #615154 Fri Jun 25 2021 2:26pm
Cunny678

I’m not sure how much more difficult it would be to steal, but having a PHEV I leave it plugged in as much as possible. I’ve also noticed that on my 2020 model, the remote has to be within about three feet of the car for the keyless entry to work, so I tend to leave the keys at least that distance from any outside walls and keep them in the bedroom at night.

Post #616258 Sat Jul 31 2021 10:39am
Kenniff

Scotland 

I believe my 2021 model has a cat 5 tracker fitted which means they can’t just boost the signal but need the actual key to be present. So if they want it they’ll have to break into the house for the keys. Hopefully the physical security on the house will slow them down and the centrally monitored alarm will dissuade them , but if they persevere i dont think the dog will be much pleased to see them. Keys are in a faraday pouch anyway. Despite all this, I’m sure they could steal it if they wanted it enough. current: RRS HST P400 engine ( 2021) Hakuba silver

Post #616320 Mon Aug 02 2021 10:57pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

In some countries, like South African or Colombia, for example, carjacking is not uncommon. Let's hope that doesn't catch on. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #616344 Tue Aug 03 2021 6:51pm
Cunny678

Eagle77 wrote:

I enable 'Guardian' mode on the LR app for additional peace of mind overnight etc too.

Which App has the guardian mode? I have the remote App, but nothing on there.

Post #616562 Fri Aug 13 2021 1:53pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

You probably need to update your app. I did a few months ago and the Guardian feature appeared on that. It lost some of the vehicle info features (eg oil level, brake of wear etc) but the Guardian feature more than makes up for that and is much more useful.

Post #616563 Fri Aug 13 2021 2:01pm
SteveOg1959

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Sumatra Black
Disabling keyless entry didn't stop the thief!

To add to the thread re RRS theft - I disabled keyless entry on my 22015 3.0 HSE and it still got taken (silently) from the driveway last week - although one key was not in the Faraday box. Any ideas how?

Post #616864 Sat Aug 28 2021 10:46pm
Farmer Chalk

Any number of ways unfortunately…

Have you ever taken the car to a car wash, valet parking, airport parking etc..

Or they may have blocked your signal outside your house which prevented the doors locking, or whilst in the local supermarket?

They can also access the canbus wires via door skins etc…

The thieves know the cars inside out and know the areas to attack…

This is why you can no longer just utilise the oem systems but you must now supplement these with aftermarket layers of Security… think steering wheel lock, aftermarket alarm, ghost immobiliser, and additional tracking systems….

Post #616865 Sun Aug 29 2021 12:18am
the_big_1

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Hi all,

I spoke to a guy that's well in the know, and no, not a robber lol. What the theifs do now is pop a side window, usually rear as they are not double glazed etc, then plug a to in the OBD socket so to create a new key for the car. Then they have a key for it and drive off. Two solutions really, no matter about Faraday boxes etc, disc lock so they will be put off to even try or Ghost Imobalizer so they do the damage but can not drive the car. 2018 SVR

Post #616876 Sun Aug 29 2021 3:49pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

On my focus RS I have ghost,disk lock & ive moved the obd port so good luck to them.Also remember if you use a disk lock always put car in full lock before fitting,,this stops them pulling vehicle onto a transporter or trailer😉 Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #616881 Sun Aug 29 2021 6:30pm
SteveOg1959

Welcome to the RRS eh! - what a nightmare, I'm not going to lose another one (only had the last one 3 weeks!). Steering lock, wheel clamp on order, aftermarket (ghost) immobiliser's next - thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Post #616883 Sun Aug 29 2021 10:23pm
Farmer Chalk

Make sure you never leave the keys with anyone..I.e. car wash, valet parking, airport parking etc.

Also when leaving car make sure you watch the mirrors fold in to ensure it’s locked… I always super lock mine as well by double pushing the key fob. There are plenty of devices out there which block the signal from your keys which prevent the car from locking… these are particularly prevalent and are being used by thieves iin supermarket car parks…

You have to remember this is their day job and as such the rewards are high for very little effort…

Post #616885 Mon Aug 30 2021 7:26am
SteveOg1959

which Ghost?

thanks for the tips - contacted a couple of ghost instlallers, seems to be some confusion about which ghost system can work in my RRS HSE 3.0 2015 (one tells me the popular Autowatch II causes dashboard lights to flash intermittantly), can anyone advise on the best Ghost for my 2015 HSE?, all help appreciated ! Big Cry

Post #616897 Mon Aug 30 2021 8:01pm
Farmer Chalk

Whereabouts in London are you? Chap down here in NW Kent has done loads of them and it takes about 2 hours to fit…it may be worth a trip out in the countryside…pm me for further details…

He has done four of mine! Very Happy

Post #616898 Mon Aug 30 2021 8:52pm
azurar01

United Kingdom 

This is what you need ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AidAXgq9dWc RRS Possibly
D4 SDV6 HSE 11MY
D3 TDV6 HSE 08MY - Gone

Post #616901 Tue Aug 31 2021 7:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>